2.8 quests for 2.3 servers??

HEALER10

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2008
maybe the title isnt very clear but i will try to elaborate the question.

2.8 has some of the best and involving quests i have played for instance,

ask a npc for a quest and he/she will give you a quest "kill 20 raking cats" the rewards range from gold, exp or an items. when you complete the quest a message comes up saying you have completed and return to the quest giver and recieve your reward.

EDIT* each quest giver has more than just 1 quest to give via stages "stage 1 kill 10 raking cats", "stage 2 kill 20 raking cats", "stage 3 kill 30 raking cats or 1 omawarrior"

i am wondering if there is a similar quest system for 2.3 available that was converted by 2.8 for 2.3. ???

Last edited:

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009
What are you talking about? What the hell is 2.8? Anyway quests that 2.6 files (or any files use) can be implemented in 2.3. It's just a quest, a script.

If you are referring to the new Korean quest system, then no, it isn't coded in 2.3 files.

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
What are you talking about? What the hell is 2.8? Anyway quests that 2.6 files (or any files use) can be implemented in 2.3. It's just a quest, a script.

If you are referring to the new Korean quest system, then no, it isn't coded in 2.3 files.
oh wow another helpful reply from u. 2.8 is fourheros ;)

on topic:

you could get the base of the quest system in, as its all my amazing scripts :rolleyes:

but u wont be able to add in the ? ! ? stuff above npc, nor the sharing of the quests via group, nor the blue writing that says 1/10 killed etc, as this was all coded

Upvote 0

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
fourheros is 2.8 ;)

Nah u just named it that, it's still 2.6 tbh, wait and see kyn's next release it will have most the same stuff like quest sysyem fishing stc but it will still be called 2.6 i guess because its still the 2.6 files and so are yours. then again i'd say your's ain't usa/korean standard they are custom so spose u can call it what ya like, but it just confuses some ppl.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HEALER10

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2008
thank you for the quick responses, most have been helpful.

hopefully i can maybe possibly get hold of the quest scripting and try implement to my off-line experiement. :)

Upvote 0

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009
oh wow another helpful reply from u. 2.8 is fourheros ;)

on topic:

you could get the base of the quest system in, as its all my amazing scripts :rolleyes:

but u wont be able to add in the ? ! ? stuff above npc, nor the sharing of the quests via group, nor the blue writing that says 1/10 killed etc, as this was all coded

How was it unhelpful? I gave him the truth. Fag.

Weikster said:
lmao. more like 2.notgr8

:agree:

Upvote 0