300 (In the cinema)

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
Is awesome just got back from the advance screening and all i can say is W'HOOO! i suggest those who "think" they have seen it over torrent should go watch it at the cinema then keep it on torrent to watch whenever.

GhettoFx

Runescape HD
Golden Oldie
May 17, 2005
yer me 2 i mite try getting a gd torrent but if not i will just go to cinema and watch it :) 300 FTW

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
Cinema is the only way to go for this Film. Anything else is just unworthy.

An awesome film definately purchasing it when it's released.

thaface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2006
I tell you now, Leonidus is by far one of the Best Greek Heroes

Everything you watched in that movie was deplicted upon actual events that transpired over 2500 years ago

PERSIAN 'Our Arrows Will Blot Out The Sun'
SPARTAN 'Then We Shall Fight In The Shade'
.........Later that day after forcing troops over the cliffs

Archers blot out the skies with there arrows....
Spartans shield and laugh' Fight In The Shade'

If you research upon sites like wikipedia, those quotes within the movie are actual quotes from real time

I use to beleive Maximus was the best warrior from that time

LEONIDUS ALL THE WAY!!!

YOU THERE WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION??
Potter?

SPARTANS! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION
HOOOT HOOOT HOOOT

Tyuchi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2007
L3velme.net
I use to beleive Maximus was the best warrior from that time

I'm assuming you mean Maximus Decimus Meridius? MDM is a fictional character...

And yes, 300 was based on actual events. And I think I remember reading that Sparta only ever lost one battle (I'm not going to tell you which, because it could spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it).

The part I liked the most is when battle scenes would been in slow-motion. Like when they're in that particular formation where they have their shields up, holding the Persians back and then they'd thrust their sheilds forward, and then impale them with their spear, and then it the camera is fiated on the one Spartan from a side angle (I think it's Leonidus, or the captain's son) where it is in slow-motion.

I loved the music too, especially in the first 10 minutes.

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
The film isnt really true though, there were 300 Spartans, and at least 2000 allies, some historians claim there was 10000 allies with them

Maximus was based on six historical individuals:

Spartacus, the gladiator-turned-general;
Narcissus, Commodus' wrestling partner and trainer who actually killed Commodus, by strangling him during a bath (in the original script, Maximus' name was "Narcissus")
Paulinus Gaius Maximus, a fictional Roman general who was the main character in Wallace Breem's book, Eagle in the Snow;
Cincinnatus, the Roman Republican general and dictator who wanted nothing more than to return to his home following completion of his military services for Rome.
In Emperor Marcus Aurelius' famous book of stoic philosophy, Meditations, he briefly mentions a person named Maximus whom he looked to as a role model.
Magnus Maximus, a general who became an emperor.

Tyuchi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2007
L3velme.net
The film isnt really true though, there were 300 Spartans, and at least 2000 allies, some historians claim there was 10000 allies with them

Maximus was based on six historical individuals:

Spartacus, the gladiator-turned-general;
Narcissus, Commodus' wrestling partner and trainer who actually killed Commodus, by strangling him during a bath (in the original script, Maximus' name was "Narcissus")
Paulinus Gaius Maximus, a fictional Roman general who was the main character in Wallace Breem's book, Eagle in the Snow;
Cincinnatus, the Roman Republican general and dictator who wanted nothing more than to return to his home following completion of his military services for Rome.
In Emperor Marcus Aurelius' famous book of stoic philosophy, Meditations, he briefly mentions a person named Maximus whom he looked to as a role model.
Magnus Maximus, a general who became an emperor.

You do know there was more than one battle? There were several.
At the end of the film it said they'd fight with 10,000 Spartans leading the 30,000 Greeks...(somewhere around that figure, not sure)

And yeah, Maximus is fictional.

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
You do know there was more than one battle? There were several.
At the end of the film it said they'd fight with 10,000 Spartans leading the 30,000 Greeks...(somewhere around that figure, not sure)

And yeah, Maximus is fictional.

That was the battle of Thermoplyae (sp)

not the battle seen in the film which is what i was discussing. I did Classical studies as an A level so i know what im talking about.