smoochy boys on tour

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Project Unity

About

Well why am i posting here?

Some of you may have seen my latest game, Exile http://www.theessentialzone.com/gameweb/gameweb.html . And i thought to my self i am pretty experienced with the programming software Unity, so i thought i would develop Mir with it.

Been done before?
Yes it has been attempted before but in a group of people which decided to give up half way threw their development, however i am not sure what this was due to as far as i am aware the online development of it.

How it will work?

I have mapped out all of the basic programming features and structures, but i am still open for ideas on how to improve mir 2 to get it going again, so feel free to post below with the any suggestions but i cannot promise you will get it coded in.

Limitations

There is no limitations as far as my structure is involved in.

What will you gain?

A basic setup of the files for you to host a server with a clear easy setup guide. Also i will be hosting a more advance version of the files but this could change at a later date.

What i need?
All i need is someone that can model 3d characters,monsters, maps and kits

What will they receive?
1OO% Credits in the final release in the source it will be on the in game credits list.
And to work with the advance game version. with GM spot.

How long?
For a basic offline structure without 3D MODELS: 3 Weeks
For a basic offline structure with 3D MODELS: All depends on how fast the models are made 1-2months?
For an online structure without 3D models: 4-5 weeks
For an online structure with 3D Models: 2-3months

You may think were did i get these from? They are all estimations.

PLEASE DO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME VIA PM OR ON THIS POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Project Unity

About

Well why am i posting here?

Some of you may have seen my latest game, Exile http://www.theessentialzone.com/gameweb/gameweb.html . And i thought to my self i am pretty experienced with the programming software Unity, so i thought i would develop Mir with it.

Been done before?
Yes it has been attempted before but in a group of people which decided to give up half way threw their development, however i am not sure what this was due to as far as i am aware the online development of it.

How it will work?

I have mapped out all of the basic programming features and structures, but i am still open for ideas on how to improve mir 2 to get it going again, so feel free to post below with the any suggestions but i cannot promise you will get it coded in.

Limitations

There is no limitations as far as my structure is involved in.

What will you gain?

A basic setup of the files for you to host a server with a clear easy setup guide. Also i will be hosting a more advance version of the files but this could change at a later date.

What i need?
All i need is someone that can model 3d characters,monsters, maps and kits

What will they receive?
1OO% Credits in the final release in the source it will be on the in game credits list.
And to work with the advance game version. with GM spot.

How long?
For a basic offline structure without 3D MODELS: 3 Weeks
For a basic offline structure with 3D MODELS: All depends on how fast the models are made 1-2months?
For an online structure without 3D models: 4-5 weeks
For an online structure with 3D Models: 2-3months

You may think were did i get these from? They are all estimations.

PLEASE DO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME VIA PM OR ON THIS POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
estimations are way off, there are hundreds of mobs, npcs , buildings, terrains, armours, weapons, inventory items, quest items , player spells, mob spells, texturing, individual rigging, animation cycles etc etc..

and i dont think 100% credit is enough, for £1000's - £10'000's of 3d art.

also unity doesnt have the networking availible for a large scale mmo (50+) and the framework of badumna/photon isnt good enough to handle it without excessive coding (no company has done it)
you'd be better off using an engine with the mmo part already there, or waiting for unity 4-5.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
1. Framework im going to use is smartfox, and i have a friend working on the coding with me who specializes in Networking with unity. And what else could i offer them apart from 100% credits please keep in mind this is a non profit project.

2. Well i believe that they are not but we will soon see, won't be maybe with the 3d art involved they are but that is entirely up to what 3d artist we have.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
1. Framework im going to use is smartfox, and i have a friend working on the coding with me who specializes in Networking with unity. And what else could i offer them apart from 100% credits please keep in mind this is a non profit project.

2. Well i believe that they are not but we will soon see, won't be maybe with the 3d art involved they are but that is entirely up to what 3d artist we have.

1 - fair enough, but i cant see any 3d modeller putting their name down, and as far as im aware the nemesis team has all the 3d modellers from the mir community around 6 in total. also smartfox is a pretty poor networking solution, it only has the capacity to run on web browsers and you are limited to what you can do, which is why its only used on very small scale games/iphone games.

Believe me, we have looked into it all in great detail. if you think you can get this project completed in 2-3 months (which is what you estimates indicate) then you are seriously kidding yourself. server files on here dont even get completed it that time and they have all the artwork / and majority of the code and the framework.
we are talking a complete game from scratch, think more in terms of years than months.

2 - didn't understand this.

not trying to bring you down but, you need to think more seriously about it.

good luck with the project.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
well i believe this is possible if i could get the artist and we will soon see in time, and as far as i am aware the nemesis project no longer exists

Edit: i understand your reasoning on the timings, but we will see.

Last edited:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
well i believe this is possible if i could get the artist and we will soon see in time, and as far as i am aware the nemesis project no longer exists

Edit: i understand your reasoning on the timings, but we will see.
majority of people on project nemesis have been with nemesis since the server was first out, we are all close friends. so it could start back up any time we feel we want to and have the time, just atm we are all busy with other stuff (work, r/l, other projects)

timing is going to be your main concern, so you want to avoid telling people its going take 3 months, then 3months down the line you are only 10% complete (which is why i never set a release date)

you will need more than 1 artist too :), most game company's have set divisions for people, animation/rigging, environment/terrain, character, items, texture, particle effects. you will need a few people for different things, depending on the standard you are aiming towards + the scale of the project is to big for one person imo.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
yes i agree i will need more than one artist and i do have a game design document that i have produced. And will show the artist's.