3D Mir - Zuma Temple

Join Discord

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Not sure about the team making this game, but i use Unity3D because of its community support boards, span of free assets and of course the way it builds certain apps / games.

Although the UI is crap atm, Unity announce that Unity4 will support epic UI. So thats something thats kept me onboard. That and you can publish to windows for free without having to buy any licensing (and if need be its an easy buy online setup, no Emailing people for it).

EDIT: just got UDK , they've updated tons since i last looked :O ... although my laptop wont support all the functions whereas unity does.

Last edited:

ILovePie:D

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
that looks absolutely epic, hope it develops further, best of luck with it guys

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
I wonder why did you choose Unity over UDK?
We've been unity for years, it just seems like the logical engine to use rather than going through the teething process of UDK, Unity also has a great support system in place with regular updates.

The only major thing Unity lacks is MMO support (but i believe UDK is in the same position), Engines which support MMO like BigWorld and HeroEngine have huge price tags to boot.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Well done! it truly looks very impressive!
I always thought a 3D version of mir would be disastrous, but what you've made is spot on, keep it up!

also, if this did become a full game, GMs would get to keep the machine gun right ? lol :P

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Hey peeps,
It's been a while but noticed there seems to be a few threads about making mir 3d. I know there has been a few projects of this in the past but we figured we'd share this as it is now.

We originally set out to recreate zt in 3D in our spare time and make a video run through of it working using Unity. We actually got about 80-90% done (haven't finished anims, stuff like that. A lot of images not shown here) but after a while of working on this we decided to expand into our own game in the style of mir, which we are currently pursuing, and is going great.

We may come back to finish zt at some point in the future, but it's not a priority at the moment because its just a fun 'fanart' project in its self. The files from this wont be released because the back end of it is what has been developed into our current ongoing project.

Here's some renders and such. All modular(so all different floors can be made from the same assets), various pieces, some mobs etc.

3dmirnemomaskegonsmall.jpg

LINK TO BIGGER IMAGE

People saying it isn't possible, it is very achievable, taking into consideration we are only a team of 3 working in our spare time.

Maps:
ztminimap.jpg

Video:
[video=youtube_share;v3974DKbRiw]http://youtu.be/v3974DKbRiw?hd=1[/video]

/Nemo

This is amazing, cool stuff.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Someone has some talent !

Running didn't seem quite right compared to distance moved but, apart from that, extremely good.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
I remember when nemesis was shut down for the 2nd time and there was talk about you lot doing this, never thought you actually would though.

Well done and is there any more news on it?

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Does anyone have contact details for Mask~?