50inch hd tv

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
lo peeps i just bought a 50inch plasma screen tv 1080hd for 1.5k i was just wondering if you think thats a good tv screen size as max is 63 atm 50 then 63 i think i just messured it with a tape measure not bad ay can imagine playin ff7 on it wher he puts ares in the water loveit all the way really and trully =P i just got a new carpet in ma room a brown 1 looks and feels mint and am gettin a laptop 4 christmas new phone on the 9th aswell i pod phone with 0 2 plays youtube vids only phone that does also spent 1k in 1 week out of 2 jiros by mistake and sellin tv and ma 2nd pc 2 ma bro 4 130quid =P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
your asking if we think 50" is a good screen size? what type of question is that.

you really need to structure your sentences better.

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
Christmas time is nearish, time for the odd lomcn'ers to brag about what they have and are getting. Last year was cool, I think some guy got a mansion.

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Here is how to structure your sentences Shaba.

Hello people.
I just bought a 50" Plasma Screen TV 1080 HD for 1.5k. I was just wondering if you think that is a suitable size, as the maximum is 63" at the moment. Its not a bad size aye!? Can you imagine playing FF7 on it, at the point where he puts Ares in the water. Really love it all the way, honestly! :P

I just got a new carpet in my room too, a brown one, it looks and feels mint. I am also getting a laptop for Christmas along with a new phone on the 9th as well. I will be also getting an IPod phone with O2 which plays youtube vids, it is the only phone that does too!

By the way I mistakably spent 1k in one week out of 2 Jiros, so am having to sell my TV and my other pc to my bro for 130quid :P

:P

Last edited:

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Um I would just like to state
My phone plays youtube and google vids
so therefore your statment saying that the i-bone is the only phone that plays youtube vids is false

BH

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
I have a TV in my room, it's a 21" Flat HD one... took me months to save for it considering I'm only 16 and on a pay of like 35-40 quid a week as I'm in Year 12(6th Form) and can only work weekends. I also have to keep money for driving lessons... so I was keeping like £15-£20 a week for the TV, cost me just over £400 altogether for a Digi Box and Surround Sound etc. as well :P Do the math :P

but it was worth it, teaches me my morals too, I get nothing for nothing.

.Steish

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
50 is nice congratulations you spoilt lucky ****er. (im jealous yes).

i doubt ill get much off my parents for xmas as im 17 now and got my own job and probably just get one main thing. more than likely to be driving lessons or something along them lines.

by the way the fact that at 16 you were only working weekends is a crap excuse. while i was in college was working 30-40 hours in mcdonalds. pulling double shifts on the weekend such as 7am until 11pm (open-close) and working week nights 5 until 11 if you really worked hard you could get good money.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Wow u spent 1500 quid on a HD TV, you say its 1080HD does that mean P or I? Btw, FF7 will look **** on it, as PS1/2 do not have HD compatability, it will just look the same as usual. And to be perfectly honest 1500 quid is a total rip off, go research before buying anything like that.

Imo you should have spent that 1500 quid on english lessons, would have been much more beneficial in the long run.

Ive had a phone for almost a year that plays youtube vids, nothing to brag about and there are various phones that do the same.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
whys 1500£ a rip off? do you even know what tv it is? the contrast ratio on it? the sound specs? for all you know he cld have bought the new £3000 philips aurora tv, at a discounted value from the internets.

i was only ripping his grammer. stop being asses and following suite you bunch of sheep.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
whys 1500£ a rip off? do you even know what tv it is? the contrast ratio on it? the sound specs? for all you know he cld have bought the new £3000 philips aurora tv, at a discounted value from the internets.

i was only ripping his grammer. stop being asses and following suite you bunch of sheep.

Wasnt ripping him for anything if he had gone and got a Philips Aurora tv, or any decent tv infact, due to the fact he's boasting about how much he's paid for it then I would come to the assumption that he would brag about the brand of TV that he has purchased.

Anyway, regardless of what tv what specs etc it has a tv is still not worth anything more than £1,000 check the picture quality of an LG 50PT85 and compare it to ANY other 1080p Television on the market, look hard enough about and you will find an LG 50PT85 at a shade under £1000

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
check the picture quality of an LG 50PT85 and compare it to ANY other 1080p Television on the market

lg's are good, but still pale in comparision to samsungs. they both use image engines but samsungs is way more advanced.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
well at the TJ hughes where i go to, they have 32" tv's for roung 300 mark 37'' tv's for round 400 mark and then 42'' for around 5 to 600 mark so paying an extra 900 quid youve got 8 inches i think your next reply should be the brand and specs tbh m8. but if the tv makes you happy and its good enough for you then wether you got ripped or not doesnt particularly matter that much.

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
Hey, but hang on a minute, my TV is over 100 inches and even has built in freeview... WOOT!

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
50 is nice congratulations you spoilt lucky ****er. (im jealous yes).

i doubt ill get much off my parents for xmas as im 17 now and got my own job and probably just get one main thing. more than likely to be driving lessons or something along them lines.

by the way the fact that at 16 you were only working weekends is a crap excuse. while i was in college was working 30-40 hours in mcdonalds. pulling double shifts on the weekend such as 7am until 11pm (open-close) and working week nights 5 until 11 if you really worked hard you could get good money.

Look I dunno who you are, or who you think you are.. but college and 6th form are completely different things...

I'm not saying I'm higher than anyone who didn't get into 6th form, but the workload I get in 6th form is a lot higher than any of my mates in college have gotten, the work I've done in the past week will probably add up to the same amount as what they'll do in the next 1-2 months... maybe even more.

I spend about 1-2 hours each night going through past work I have done, and going back through anything I haven't understood, if I have homework/coursework I can sometimes spend up to 4 hours altogether. Call me a geek or a nerd if you will, but it's working hard like that which will get me a better job than the likes of you.

Plus, in all honesty, I'd rather eat my own feet as an excuse than work in McDonalds, don't think I've ever seen anybody who works there who has a true aspect of what REAL life is, sure it's a side job, but I say, you start there you work there... personal preference there, other people may have different beliefs, but that's what I think.

From what I've seen you took ICT in college? correct? if not, I'm sorry. Sure, you're studying for one subject... I'm studying 4 subjects and one of them is Applied, meaning I'll get two A-Levels for it, English, Sociology, Physical Education and Applied ICT. I hope you get where I'm going with this.

Sorry for the full on novel of a reply, but stuff like that really gets my back up, talking to me as if I'm below you. Seriously if anybody is below anyone here, it's you. I haven't seen a person on here yet who likes you and all you have to say is bad, unreasonable, unruly and overall spastic replies to anything anybody says which you don't agree with. You speak before you think. Open your mind a bit.

What I'm trying to say is, I work as hard as I can, I KNOW that... and whether you think I can do more or not has got absolutely nothing to do with you, I'm me, you're not. You call yourself a human? I'm ashamed to be part of your race.

.Steish

Last edited:

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
well tbh that was completely uncalled for. i was studying national diploma in sports in college and you may do 4 subjects but the qualifications from the course i did was just as much as yours will be.

you dont have to be foreign to work in mcdonalds, the reason they hire foreigners is because they work when sick and ill. they do as many hours as they can and they work harder than any one else plus they dont have interact with any one whilst their in the kitchen.

anyway you can slander mcdonalds all you like but its obviously a better job than yours if the moneys better and the hours are more flexible.

you talk all about the hours you study at night etc, what do you do in your free periods and in class? obviously not enough. and during half terms you could have done a weeks work aswell as studied and pulled in a bit of extra cash.

people who work in mcdonalds do have a real view of life as for alot of people its just a part time job while in college uni school or whilst searching for a new job. and the fact you think you'll end up with a better job than me just because your studying 4 subjects in school shows how blinded you are. as the results from the 2 years mean that you then have to go on to college/uni where you'll do 2-6 years studying something else building up £'s of debt whilst not having a job because you have twice as much of a work load then once you leave youll have to repay your debt's whilst working from the bottom in a job you probably despise.

im not saying im above you but your not above me so dont act like you are.

youre not a nerd at all and your probably gonna do orite for yourself but dont assume results will get you a better job than me as my dad is a boss of 10 people who work below him. all of them left uni with A's and B's he gets 100's of applications for job's when theirs a vacancy and these people with a's n b's from uni start off at about 18k a year without many prospects of going above 30k. they travel for up to 1-2 hours to get to work.

anyway i could go on and theirs probably points ive forgot to make but anyway.