6th June

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
62 years ago today thousands of brave men landed on the beaches of Normandy, France in what marked the beginning of the invasion of German occupied Europe - Operation Overlord.

On this day, D-Day, we remember the incredibly brave souls, many of whom losing their lives in the process, who fought not only for our country but for countries all over Europe who fell to the Nazi regime.

Anyway, sorry for the interruption, you can all get back to worrying about this whole "06/06/06" thing now.

Robert

Actual Jesus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
zidio you ass clown, be respectful. Wait wait wait, ill drop you on a beach and have thousands of men firing at you from the top of it, then we will see who shuts up.

Peart

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2006
Zidio said:
:cool: :cool: shut up!.
tard6vu.png

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
people so disrespectful now becuase they never had to goto war, I belive if they did, they wouldnt be so disrespectful.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Hazuki said:
Have you guys no "meaningful" respect?

/Haz

How is it meaningful? Mourning over those who went to war is in no way meaningful. To be perfectly honest why dwell on the past when the future is right ahead of us.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
yes Dark but repect thos who was in war to give you your future (Y)

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Lyncus said:
yes Dark but repect thos who was in war to give you your future (Y)

Noone gave or will be giving me my future. You decided where you want to go, not events that have occured in the past.

Those soldiers that went to war deserve no more respect than anyone else who goes out to work these days. It was something they HAD to do, it wasn't an optional cause.

Like i said, don't dwell in the past, live for the future.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
There only one Blam, I mean PassTheBlam..

Gotta love GTO for spam -.-

DarkXXX said:
Noone gave or will be giving me my future. You decided where you want to go, not events that have occured in the past.

Those soldiers that went to war deserve no more respect than anyone else who goes out to work these days. It was something they HAD to do, it wasn't an optional cause.

Like i said, don't dwell in the past, live for the future.

If they didnt who knows how everything would turn out like. Some gave their life fighting for contry and you dont think you have to repect thta? knowing that they may die but going anyway. And your comparing a war to work -.-

Last edited:

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Lyncus said:
If they didnt who knows how everything would turn out like. Some gave their life fighting for contry and you dont think you have to repect thta? knowing that they may die but going anyway. And your comparing a war to work -.-

Are you dumb or just completely blind?

Soldiers did not chose to go to war (well atleast the intelligent ones anywho), they HAD to go as national service.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
DarkXXX said:

Soldiers did not chose to go to war (well atleast the intelligent ones anywho), they HAD to go as national service.

I didnt disaggree with you, I said they know they might die but they still went ... Fighting your yours and everyone elses future within europe.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Lyncus said:
I didnt disaggree with you, I said they know they might die but they still went ... Fighting your yours and everyone elses future within europe.

Oh My God!!! Even if they knew they had no chance in survival what so ever, they still HAD to go!

THERE WAS NO CHOICE WHETHER THEY THOUGHT THEY WOULD DIE OR NOT.

Easier to understand now?

Last edited:

-Raz0rfang-

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 30, 2006
Banned
DarkXXX said:
More than i can say for you.

THERE WAS NO CHOIE WHETHER THEY THOUGHT THEY WOULD DIE OR NOT.
But they still fought!
Think about it, If you went to war, risked your lives for others, wouldn't you want to be respected and not just spat on?

Now I can see this goone saying "I wouldn't care"

Peart

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2006
:rolleyes: shut up dark, noone thinks youre cool just because youre being slightly controvercial. I suppose we shouldnt honour victims of the holocaust either because, afterall, they didnt have a choice either.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
-Raz0rfang- said:
But they still fought!
Think about it, If you went to war, risked your lives for others, wouldn't you want to be respected and not just spat on?

Now I can see this goone saying "I wouldn't care"

For one, i see no spitting here, so that comment wasn't needed.

Secondly if your going to get dumped on a beach with a gun and gear in order to fight after previous training, your not just going to sit there and let yourself get killed, that would be completely idiotic.

You may aswell go down with a fight, which they did

Peart said:
:rolleyes: shut up dark, noone thinks youre cool just because youre being slightly controvercial

If i wanted to be 'cool' I wouldn't even be posting on this forum now would I?

Peart said:
I suppose we shouldnt honour victims of the holocaust either because, afterall, they didnt have a choice either.

They actually did have a choice, they chose to be Jewish. If you want to be Jewish in a country that hates the Jews and wants to kill them all, then that is your own stupid fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.