A Bit Stuck

therock2k2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 7, 2004
Well ive not really posted on here for help before :) ( makes a change hehe) always found the info i needed through searching even though sum times i get junk lol.
Anyways i know about mapquest and ive read (Solitudes guide) and i understand it completely and got it working ect what i was wondering tho was is it possible to recall a person on a map via an npc so say u do a quest where u have to kill so many mobs on a map within a time limit if u do it u get recalled sumwhere if u dont somewhere else?

ive checked search and not found much help did find:

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25856&highlight=npc+commands

and was helpful i think i found what i was looking for but not quite sure how to interprate it in to an npc script below is what i found that i thought was the rite things anyone got any ideas? or could help me on this one?

TIMERECALL
BREAKTIMERECALL
<$CMD_USERMOVE>

not sure if there actually anything to do with it like
would really apriciate the help

thx

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
therock2k2 said:
Well ive not really posted on here for help before :) ( makes a change hehe) always found the info i needed through searching even though sum times i get junk lol.
Anyways i know about mapquest and ive read (Solitudes guide) and i understand it completely and got it working ect what i was wondering tho was is it possible to recall a person on a map via an npc so say u do a quest where u have to kill so many mobs on a map within a time limit if u do it u get recalled sumwhere if u dont somewhere else?

ive checked search and not found much help did find:

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25856&highlight=npc+commands

and was helpful i think i found what i was looking for but not quite sure how to interprate it in to an npc script below is what i found that i thought was the rite things anyone got any ideas? or could help me on this one?

TIMERECALL
BREAKTIMERECALL
<$CMD_USERMOVE>

not sure if there actually anything to do with it like
would really apriciate the help

thx

i believe you will need to use checkmonmap for checking the monsters, however the problem will come in how to make the script auto-load after the timerecall, and i would use mapmove rather than the usermove you have suggested

The only way round the problem that i can see is that you use flags or name lists so they have to click on an npc which evaluates how far they got in the quest

Upvote 0

therock2k2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 7, 2004
well thats sorta put a downer on me now i know about checkmonmap and tha but what i wanted was not for it 2 actually check for the monsters on the map but for sorta a timedrecall i prob wasent clear enuff in the first post due to the time lol but this is what im trying to do:

you tele to a map via an npc you then have 5 mins to kill all monsters on that map if you get to 5 mins and theres still monsters u get teled out but if at the 5min mark there all dead you get teled someplace else

i know its possible to check the map for mosters and then if they all dead recall but i wana know if theres a command for a timed recall or something similar so that it actually is 5 mins and not just checking to see if the monsters r dead or not

(if tha dont make sence below mite soz its confusing me now lol)

in simpler terms i need an npc command to recall someone after a certain period off time so sumthink like:

click the npc he says "hi wana go to map1 for 5 mins" you click ok
you then get teled to the map then 5 mins later ur recalled to the npc

what i need is to know if theres actually a command to count?
or sumthing similar?

any help plz

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
perhaps try doing the timerecall into a map
setting up a mapquest script to run on the death of each monster on the map until they have killed enough or all of the monsters which if successful will teleport them somewhere else and breaks the time recall and sets a saved flag.
If they dont manage to kill enough then the time recall is still in effect and they get returned to where they were

just a suggestion

Upvote 0

therock2k2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 7, 2004
hmm would work imo but the thing is how would i go bout using TIMERECALL

whould it be in the map info? as in:

[mapnum mapname 0] DARK TIMERECALL(5)

or is it npc based as in:

[@main]
#IF
checknamelist namelist.txt
#ACT
TIMERECALL 5
addnamelist namelist1.txt
#ELSESAY
soz ur not ont he list

im still mega confused lol would TIMERECALL be followed by a number? is it in seconds or minutes?

anyone wana elaborate more on these commands? and hwo they work? and if there the rite commands im looking for?

reallystuck on this one

thx for ur help so far Fire reli appriciate it tbh

Upvote 0

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
TIMERECALL X (where X is a number) goes as a
#ACT
command in an npc file, the value set is in minutes

Upvote 0

therock2k2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 7, 2004
so if i was to use a npc liek this:

[@main]
#IF
checknamelist list1.txt (have to do somthing else to get on the list like)
#ACT
TIMERECALL 10
#ELSESAY
soz ur name aint on the list

than i had a map quest for say kill 30 hens that had the

#ACT
BREAKTIMERECALL
mapmove

if completed would this then work how i wanted it?

so that u got 10 mins fromt he first npc to go and kill 30hens on so and so map else u get recalled bk to the npc and have to start over?

maybe u could post a little script to say just recall me to the npc in 10mins and then the i could prob mess about with and sort.

would this work?

[@main]
#SAY
hey ill recall u in 5 mins\
<ok/@ok>\ \

[@ok]
#ACT
TIMERECALL 5
break

then if i run off in 5 mins wherever i was id get recalled to that npc?

also if this i sall correct is there a way to set where u get recalled to? jsut an idea not 2 important this bit?

thx again for allt he help so far

:ghug:

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
the latest ledu m2 has a bug where you for some reason cannot specify how many mobs you need to kill (to my knowledge)

therefore i would suggest you teleport them to a special map and spawn them say 40 hens, and then do a mob count check after each kill in mapquest to see if they can progress or not

bear in mind that this way you would be sure that the mapquest number killed is resetting each time (because i have my doubts about that)

Upvote 0

therock2k2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 7, 2004
well im gonna try mess around with this info i got could really use more help tho if anyone else has any other surgestions?

cheers for all the help so far like :)

Upvote 0