A+ Certified Technition.

Join Discord

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Well done. I need to get mine done, my boss keeps asking me when but I'm just too damn busy at work, and I refuse to spend my spare time studying for it!!

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
Haha well goodluck mate :) im sure ya can do it. The think in the exams that got me was the wordings and the answers are to vague, like there could be 2 possible answers but there asking for like the BEST or the FIRST thing you do or the MOST probable reason why this has happend lol confussed me like **** you and i was forgetting simple things like minimum requirements for xp i put 64 first then changed to 128 so lucky i passed lol

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
hes a technITian, not an english teacher

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
yeah i felt bad so i edited myself. Can't help it if you are poor at spelling, gratz :)

mapadale

Haha well goodluck mate :) im sure ya can do it. The think in the exams that got me was the wordings and the answers are to vague, like there could be 2 possible answers but there asking for like the BEST or the FIRST thing you do or the MOST probable reason why this has happend lol confussed me like **** you and i was forgetting simple things like minimum requirements for xp i put 64 first then changed to 128 so lucky i passed lol
The A+ is easy, it's when you start moving towards the microsoft qaulifications. It's then it starts to get complicated, everything has to be done their way. So all the short cuts you learn while actually doing the job go out the window when it comes to the exams.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
The A+ is easy, it's when you start moving towards the microsoft qaulifications. It's then it starts to get complicated, everything has to be done their way. So all the short cuts you learn while actually doing the job go out the window when it comes to the exams.

why would you move from a+ to microsoft a better move would be cisco

Btw well done hellcaster its a good qualification to have did you take the new test(cisco it essentials) or the old one(comptia) btw?

mapadale

why would you move from a+ to microsoft a better move would be cisco

Btw well done hellcaster its a good qualification to have did you take the new test(cisco it essentials) or the old one(comptia) btw?
Actually N+ is the next move from the A+, before evening thinking about moving into Cisco or Microsoft.

Though the A+ is 70% hardware, so you wouldn't move to Cisco from that anyway. You would need to do at least a mcdst first and get a better understanding of networking and how Cisco would fit into a Microsoft enviroment. Though the A+ & N+ won't be around for much longer as they are combing the two into a better qualification, which it's about time comptia released a better way of learning.

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
I did the comptia the old one, 2007 i believe. The next one im doing is N+ (Network+) then MCDST. I've been told about cisco but been adivsed not to do it cos not alot of people use cisco systems apparently, i wanna take a programming course next after this course :)

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Actually N+ is the next move from the A+, before evening thinking about moving into Cisco or Microsoft.

Though the A+ is 70% hardware, so you wouldn't move to Cisco from that anyway. You would need to do at least a mcdst first and get a better understanding of networking and how Cisco would fit into a Microsoft enviroment. Though the A+ & N+ won't be around for much longer as they are combing the two into a better qualification, which it's about time comptia released a better way of learning.

I went straight from A+ to CCNA did semester 1-2 and now im going to complete the rest.

I did the comptia the old one, 2007 i believe. The next one im doing is N+ (Network+) then MCDST. I've been told about cisco but been adivsed not to do it cos not alot of people use cisco systems apparently, i wanna take a programming course next after this course :)

Yeh i did the comptia then when i passed they asked if i wanted to go straight for the cisco A+ for free so i ended up with 2 A+'s which was pointless but was free and took 40mins extra haha.

Alot of major companys use cisco for example the raf train all IT techs in CCNA as part of there trade training. But the cisco course isnt just about cisco hardware its just cisco are the awarding body, Ive never heard of N+ al have to have a look into it.