A Few Questions about MonSayMsg

smoochy boys on tour

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
Well i decided to use the MonSayMsg function in a little project im working on but im a perfectionist and the whole must.type.like.this annoys me.. I have tried various things like the "" on either side of the text and the Two Alt Code Spaces i have.(ALT + 032, 0160) One of them doesnt register as a space and the other appears as a random letter. Does anyone have any other ideas on how i could make this work? thanks for your time

/Demix

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
not sure if it will work or not,, try using a number in the place of a space? the numbers dont show at the end of mobs? worth a try till i remember how to do it properly

Upvote 0

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
alt+0160 is the most effective method, but if you have chinese lang packs installed or Win XP SP2 it displays as a chinese char

Upvote 0

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
Thanks for the help, looks like i will just be stuck with either the word.word.word thing or the chinese character between each word >_< thanks anyway guys

Upvote 0

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
meh lol the variations ive tried so far all annoy me :P

such_as_this_one
and-this-one
oh,and,this,one
and.the.one.it.started.with

but oh well i spose its not a big deal, i just dont get why it wont just let me use "" like everything else lol

Edit: While im here rather than starting a new thread.. i just want to ask does anyone know how to change what it sais on the character selection screen where "warrior, wizard, tao" is ment to be, as mine is in chinese and i cant seem to find a way to change it. I searched through tons of text files and other files, i attempted to use a hexeditor but could not find the string.

Edit2: nevermind.. didnt count on it being inside the ledu exe hehe, sorted that now

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
alt+0160 is the most effective method, but if you have chinese lang packs installed or Win XP SP2 it displays as a chinese char

the most effective method is " " around the text, coz u wont get no chinese language some up if you have the language pack installed.

Upvote 0

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
the most effective method is " " around the text, coz u wont get no chinese language some up if you have the language pack installed.

As i stated before, with MonSayMsg the "text text text" method doesnt work, it just displays the first "text >_<

Last edited:
Upvote 0