Ruby A Few Questions!

Join Discord

Cryogenisis

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 21, 2015
Hello fellow mir lovers,

I'm Cryogenisis, i'm new to Mir2 servers, just took me 26 hours to get rubym2 server up and going! was a struggle. (Learned alot on the way thoa! [The best way, trial and error])

alot of thanks to mStation, Kyndigs and ofcourse Tai!

but now... i've come to a stand still, it seems that all my magic for every job isn't showing the icons, aswell as not given the appropriate spells under magic tab.
so i've come to the conclusion that it's something either todo with the client (Icon-side of the problem) but the spells are working, if i manually add them to a character, but no icon... all effects ect mana drain and gfx all work.. does this mean its a mapping problem? the magic spells arnt finding there way to the job paths... i checked each spell individually, all have correct job assosiation. i kept narrowing it down to here... the value for each job isnt correlating with the orignal startup character initilization. (mind blowing, but i want to learn)

Also, under the clients Prguse.wil has 0320 - 0340 (the equipment screen) showing the armor and weapon you currently have equiped (the model overlay) is perfect in itself, and working correct but its about an inch in the wrong place? is there a way around this.. using data viewer, i can "save as" jpg and edit the location, but when i save again its completely messed up colours.. i would have to completely redesign just the 1 image? O.o

These might be silly and newbish questions, but hey.. i wanna learn.

Thanks!

Cryo

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
sounds like the same problem i am having.

Gamepot Client causes armor to appear off body (example)
Korean client cannot be read with the files - deeming them totally useless.

I am awaiting choasdeath to see if he has a client but that wont be till Monday/Tuesday giving him time to look.

the problem you have lies in your data folder with the .Wil files, Im unsure myself which ones need changing as Im new myself being away so long.

All the best Cryo

Upvote 0

Cryogenisis

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 21, 2015
Thanks for the reply!

yes i am using Gamepot client, i have fixed the error with armor and weapons not showing in correct placement.

Load up data image viewer, open StateItem.wil find and then copy and paste this in every Placement Coords on each item :)

btw i fixed this myself, with in the time i posted!

now im just on the Magic problem, i've checked down to everything i know... i can manually add the skills, but there not recognising on the new characters :(

Hope this helped you! :D

Thanks for your reply Excluded

Edited*

Placemets.

Wooden Sword (all weapons of same varierty)

X - 75
Y - 188

Armor (All)

X - 92
Y - 195

Hope helped :D

Cryo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cryogenisis

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 21, 2015
Am still stuck with the Magic! No characters have any spells or magic, yet if i manually insert them via sql, the gfx works, but icon isnt there but thumbnails are... deffinatly client side!

Edited*

I'm now thinking about making a script when users log in, check job, if job = 1 then learn spells ect?

Cryo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
i have seen a few servers where players auto get the skills when they reach the required level -- only thing is skills will not be rare in this case.. entirely up to you thou .

Deffo Client side thou -- Im gonna wait it out for chaos see if he can come up with owt im very patient :)

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Not sure what files you're using but Gamepot wils work fine with Ruby and the spells work fine too.
Seems like there's a blend of file versions going on somewhere.

Unless you convert new Korean images back to a readable standard, "ALL" current Korean wils are unusable.

Upvote 0

Cryogenisis

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 21, 2015
Ahaha, i'm very impatient aswell, is why i've been tryying these past few hours... if i was to do a custom script, to auto gain skills at a certain level.

fairly straight forward, but how would i initiate the script.. any recomendations?

i would have to make sure, it was initiated straight away on startup... do i start in the !setup where it says

"[Names]ClothsMan = 'BaseDress(M)'
ClothsWoman = 'BaseDress(F)'
WoodenSword = 'WoodenSword'
Candle = 'Candle'
BasicDrug = '(HP)DrugSmall'
KillerSword = 'HoaSword' "

Surely thats the first given items on startup? mhmm, is going to be interesting.

Thanks!

Cryo

Editted***
---------- PEdost Merged at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Ah Hello Ardbeg!

my thoughts esactly!

Shall i reinstall everything you recon then? i have many clients and server files... i've just kept adding from random ones, and now ended up with this 2.7 interface from tai.

the server, and client are stable and perfect, the only problem im getting is thoa spells icons :P

im thinking of checking every empty value in each Wil to see if its just me.. or how do i convert the Korean Wils..? what do you recommend? :)

Thanks Ardbeg!

Cryo

Upvote 0

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
lol @ impatient, If i cannot get things going smoothly, i will just move onto the set of files which i think are Lemon / Apple / C# ??? i dunno anymore lol

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
You need patience with these files.
Trawl the ruby files for ruby info and files, same with heroes etc. If you're using other sets of files you'll need to follow guides unique to those files.
Most early servers could read all the same maps and mob wils but as things moved on, image bit depths and other slight changes started to make files more server specific.
If you have downloaded clients from pvt servers, check what files they are using before you decide to use their images etc. as long standing servers are usually operated by people that know what they're doing and chances are they've created bespoke wil files that look ok but will actually be different enough to cause problems like you're having.
There are bugs in ruby but image display of magic icons and standard items isn't one of them.

Decide on a set of files for your server and only use files created for use with them.
You can use others but you need to allow/adjust accordingly.

Ruby are a good set of files to use as they closely resemble the official Mir.
C# files do too but they are still being developed.
Heroes files have their own unique feel and once you get past the fact the interface is nothing like official, you can also do well with them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cryogenisis

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 21, 2015
Well, im currently reinstalling gamepot client, then ruby files... made a back up of the working server.

most endevourably that your correct Ardbeg, thanks for your input.

gonna have a play, ill let you know.

I'm most deffinatly gonna be sticking with Ruby :)

Thanks!

Cryo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Upvote 0

Cryogenisis

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 21, 2015
Bah!!! thanks for replies!

im now stuck, installed all files ect ect, run m2server and stops on 7th map, i dont get it... im even copying the all tha maps from the working server and still aint working.... guesss restart and try again...

:(

Cryo!

Edit**

Tried those pru still aint working mhmm.... very confusing.. here...

Cryo

Edittted********

Re-installed with proper files 4 times mate, even swapped .dats still not inserting the spells, its wierd, because on m2server it even says "loaded magic db"

I'm now officially stumped.

Cryo!

Edit*****

Reinstalling and doing again, i will get this trial and error.

Cryo

---------- Post Merged at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Still trying, have got a clean setup/server/files

installed and sqled and Data sourced..

anyone know of any guides explaining about clients, i.e how to access there mapping libs ect ect

Thanks!

Cryo

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    868.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Well it doesn't like whatever entry you have at that point.
Try and find the offending line and put a semicolon in front of it.
It will fail on all maps that aren't ok for ruby.

---------- Post Merged at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Don't know what 2.7update is but you'll be going down the file mixing route again.

Upvote 0

Cryogenisis

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 21, 2015
Thanks appreciate it!

well i have it all working again, but with alot cleaner Directory, so thanks!

will keep looking into the Spells, worse come to worse. ill write a simple code, near where "Clothesmen" as need to give it a Statement "Givenskills" then go from there.

Truley thanks again Ardbeg!

i'll make sure to keep files clean now, ill just edit :) the spells aint a big problem, looks okayish with no spells xD

If level reached 2 or less than

give spell -

ect ect simples ;p

Cryo

Edit******

Just found same problem with Women Avatars in Char selection, totaly transparent in game,, yet in image viewer is there....

I really bet its an easy fix, i'm just so incompetant lol

Cryo!

Edit************

Ardbeg, im guessing its inside the Wil's now you know... i''m thinking, a long shot the empty entry points in the Wils, if i just copy an image and try every entry point (gonna take a while)

i don't wanna do it if it aint gonna work i've not slept for 38 hours working on this server now...

i'm near enough 100% it will work... just trial and error?

Thanks!

Cryo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I still don't understand what spell problems you're having ?

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:06 AM ----------

If a char is transparent, it means the armour its wearing isn't showing.
This could simply be the wrong imgindex number in the table.

Be careful changing images with dataviewer. Make sure you replace the current image rather than insert. If you insert the image, all images after that will be out by one.

Upvote 0

Cryogenisis

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 21, 2015
Uhhh. right this is what i can make of it.

The spells, obviously in other servers (i aint played many) all spells are in skills tab, from there you click em to upgrade em. My spells/skills arnt there. but the indexes are all correct, i've tried manually inserting and testing. the only think i can think of it being, is the actual Will indexes in MagIcon are incorrect, theres alot of empty indexes, im asking with trial and error can i try every index.. it will evenutally be correct surely?

The same thing has happend to Female Avatars on the first inital Character selection screen, again there being Transparent (no image is appear, obviously wrong paths or wrong indexes)

it is all coming down to the Wils tbh, and i have no clue how to change the pathings.

i.e Tia has recently been doing somework on the interface, i.e Create New Account Page, so how has Tia pathed the Account Create image from the Wils into the client to be able to be pathed when he clicked "Create Account" it opens the index of the Wil.... (pathing) you with me? ^__^

Cryo!

EDITED****************

ahhahah i think i've sorted it, in RES_stditems has all the spells and guess what the imgindex is for them all? 0 ;)

so now, i need to know how to be able to path RES_stditems imgindexes to MagIcon.wils enless you know of an easier way?

wow im so glad ive got somewhere :P

Thanks

Cryo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The spells / skills are all books. You need a book to doubleclick and then apply to your character.
Spells are 0 in the imgindex because that number represents the image frame in item.wil.

As a GM, use @MAKE Fencing and that book will be made and appear in your bag.
Only when a skill is learnt, will it show in your skills list.

If you must have the skills applied, use this code on an NPC and it will add all the skills possible for a character up to its level.
You can also change class with this.
You can't undo the skills unless you manually delete the skill from the char magic database.
Changing from one class to another and reapplying skills will remove the previous ones.

Code:
[@main]
#SAY
< >Hello. I can change your class or upgrade your skills as\
< >many times as you want.\
< >You'll need to upgrade your skills every class change.\
< >I can't combine skills of different classes for you.\
< >Change your class : <[EMAIL="Go/@changeclass>\"]Go/@changeclass>\[/EMAIL]
< >Upgrade all skills: <[EMAIL="Go/@skills>\"]Go/@skills>\[/EMAIL] \
< ><[EMAIL="Close/@exit"]Close/@exit[/EMAIL]>

[@skills]
#IF