A little guideance please

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Hi i have been playing around with building a server, i managed to get it to work over my network and i managed to get someone connected externally, but when they select the server (which is ktest at the moment, not sure if i should change them all to diamond) the doors dont open for them.

i seem to remember from back in the 1.4 days that if the doors didnt open it was generally down to the server name being wrong. i checked all the names and everything does seem to be ktest.

if anyone else has heard of other things that can stop the doors opening could you please let me know.

if it is only the name that affects it let me know that too ^^ means i just need to hunt through the files a bit more.

thanks

Lone

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Hi i have been playing around with building a server, i managed to get it to work over my network and i managed to get someone connected externally, but when they select the server (which is ktest at the moment, not sure if i should change them all to diamond) the doors dont open for them.

i seem to remember from back in the 1.4 days that if the doors didnt open it was generally down to the server name being wrong. i checked all the names and everything does seem to be ktest.

if anyone else has heard of other things that can stop the doors opening could you please let me know.

if it is only the name that affects it let me know that too ^^ means i just need to hunt through the files a bit more.

thanks

Lone

1. Which set of files are you using?
2. Can you get in yourself?
3. Might be your router if you're using one.
4. Can be your I.P's.

/Ash

Upvote 0

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
1. not entirely sure as i have used a mish mash of a few and edited them heavily (i think i'll start fresh)

2. Yeah i can connect fine with 2 other pcs on my network - we are all using the local ip though i had assumed that would make sense but you know what assumstion if the mother of. (just to clearify if the files are working correctly, could i connect to the server from my network using the external ip address? i dont like dragging people away from their playing to try and help me out with out anything to show for their time >.<)

3. yeah i think this might be the cause, i read quite a few guides about getting the ips in the right places, making sure theres external and internal ones, (spent about 5 hours messing with them yesterday >.<)

4. i had a feeling it might be ^^ (i might try starting from scratch) tyty for the reply :)

Lone

Upvote 0

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
1. not entirely sure as i have used a mish mash of a few and edited them heavily (i think i'll start fresh)

2. Yeah i can connect fine with 2 other pcs on my network - we are all using the local ip though i had assumed that would make sense but you know what assumstion if the mother of. (just to clearify if the files are working correctly, could i connect to the server from my network using the external ip address? i dont like dragging people away from their playing to try and help me out with out anything to show for their time >.<)

3. yeah i think this might be the cause, i read quite a few guides about getting the ips in the right places, making sure theres external and internal ones, (spent about 5 hours messing with them yesterday >.<)

4. i had a feeling it might be ^^ (i might try starting from scratch) tyty for the reply :)

Lone

From what you've said, it'll definatly be your I.P's in your files, or the router setup. Concidering that others on your network canconnect means that the files are actualy working and running alright.

- Just have a look around the files and make sure you put your Internet I.P in the configuration files, Not your Network I.P.

-If you need help setting up your router, i might be able to help, PM me if you need a hand.

/Ash

Upvote 0