A New server opportunity for everyone.

Join Discord

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I guess this is abandoned?

The guy lay down a pretty nice and decent offer and the community just said no basically.

Developers and coders have all gone their own way to do their own things which i dont blame them as it shows off their potential but on the other hand splits the community which ofc i hate.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
The guy lay down a pretty nice and decent offer and the community just said no basically.

Developers and coders have all gone their own way to do their own things which i dont blame them as it shows off their potential but on the other hand splits the community which ofc i hate.

Did I miss something? No one 'out and said no' as far as I can tell - a few said 'yes, im interested', a couple of people wanted more info, a couple of people wanted to know some credentials. I wouldn't say that's outright saying no, although you probably know more about this gang then I do :)

The thing is, anyone developing a server is likely doing just that... developing a server. I wouldn't want to just hand over my work willy nilly, so caution is incredibly pragmatic.

Hopefully behind the scenes someone was brave enough to take the leap, and he keeps his word. We could get something good out of this, but I don't think it's time to pull out the 'community ruined it' card .. hopefully anyway :S

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Did I miss something? No one 'out and said no' as far as I can tell - a few said 'yes, im interested', a couple of people wanted more info, a couple of people wanted to know some credentials. I wouldn't say that's outright saying no, although you probably know more about this gang then I do :)

The thing is, anyone developing a server is likely doing just that... developing a server. I wouldn't want to just hand over my work willy nilly, so caution is incredibly pragmatic.

Hopefully behind the scenes someone was brave enough to take the leap, and he keeps his word. We could get something good out of this, but I don't think it's time to pull out the 'community ruined it' card .. hopefully anyway :S

I didnt mean people had out right said no, what I basically implied was that theres been near no interest (especially from the big guns of lomcn) those that have said yes are mostly people who like the idea of it.
Me personally with the sheer amount of people that have kept quiet on this thread and not given it the time of day silently suggests to me theres not much interest.

It really is a shame though id love something like this to happen, I dont have the coding knowledge otherwise id of perked up and said PICK ME!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I didnt mean people had out right said no, what I basically implied was that theres been near no interest (especially from the big guns of lomcn) those that have said yes are mostly people who like the idea of it.
Me personally with the sheer amount of people that have kept quiet on this thread and not given it the time of day silently suggests to me theres not much interest.

It really is a shame though id love something like this to happen, I dont have the coding knowledge otherwise id of perked up and said PICK ME!

Much more poignantly put, and I actually agree :D

These sort of things are always unlikely to gain traction though from my experience though. Just because it takes a bit of a leap. Shame :(

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Obviously it sounds like a great offer and if something came of it, I'd be willing to help.

That said, if money's no problem, why not contact Wemade/YD online to buy a UK franchise.
They always shied away from offers in the past but if you're a bone fide company that they can check up on, you never know where it might lead.

Just my two penneth.

Wow, this is a great idea! They obviously ignore the small timers like LOMCN members, but if the company is as big as this guy is implying then they'd definitely at least consider it

Isn't Mir Chronicles still going strong ? (Haven't looked at their user count for a while). My point being, it'll be hard to get as much interest as Chronicles has had.... and Chronicles has been up for, and will be up for some time now. So, it would probably be a flop. The only selling point of this idea is that "It can be up forever and ever".

Last edited: