Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Every time I come on LOMCN all I see each day in the latest posts are stuff to do with "AceM2".. It's like the whole community is over there. Don't get me wrong AceM2 is a nice set of files.. But I feel like LOMCN Is now ran in that section only.

Anyone know when the spam of AceM2 in the latest post will be over?. Hopefully they will fix most of there bugs meaning less spam.

Post back if you think the same.

-Ash

Off-Topic: Could anyone here send me a private message of any sort of object (From any game) i.e Barrel, Chest, Pillar etc for me to try create a 3D Version of it? Something that ain't too complex though.. And once I'm finish I'll post on here.

I have 2 Months + 1 Week of nothing.. And I need someone to send me some Images of a few objects to create in 3D.

SinGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Sep 29, 2010
Belgium
Yup man, totally agreed!
Think they should get their own forum.
Acem2 has taken most players but they're also taking over forums lol.

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
It's a big part of the community thats playing there, really don't see the problem, any server can request it's own section here so any other big server could do the same also these files will be released at some point imagine even more "spam" to come. Were finding bugs for the coders to fix which will one day benefit everyone or those who use these files in the future...

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Honeslty your both jealous your servers are not getting a fiar looking. It makes me come on lomcn seeing such a buzzing forums and im downloading more clients and readingmore posts... In ALL sections.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi welcome to LOMCN. That's what we're here for?

& if you hadn't noticed, the server is run by our staff...

SinGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Sep 29, 2010
Belgium
Honeslty your both jealous your servers are not getting a fiar looking. It makes me come on lomcn seeing such a buzzing forums and im downloading more clients and readingmore posts... In ALL sections.

I'm not jealous at all.
It's just kinda stupid to see Acem2 all the way, kinda feels like other servers have no chance anymore.

I'm keeping my server up as long as i have atleast 1 person playing, but i know alot of servers will be gone soon.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

Was this pointing at me? If so what the hell would I be jealous off? Trust me if I knew half the **** Milo's team knows I'd be doing all sort of crazy shitz. Also if I had the urge to even bother with "Mir". I'm currently just hunting around MMORPG Private High Rates (Just to get the feel of a game in a fast rush).

Also I was only pointing out that all I ever see posted is the AceM2 Section.. I wasn't dissing AceM2 at all just felt like it was over taking LOMCN.

Anyways I've love reading some thing else besides AceM2 So thanks for replying back.. Even though all I read was crap but you know you can't expect much.

Thanks for reply's.

-Ash

Edit: @SinGod - Glad someone agrees.

Last edited:

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
It's a popular server that a lot of the mir community are invested into, you will see a lot of posts, we offer server forums to all server owners as we have done with acem2 but ace m2 is more than just a server, it's a set of files being developed too, so to see the mir community engrossed by such a thing is a great thing in itself.

While I understand the point of I don't want to see only posts on X forums there is still life in other threads, you've just gotta look. I know people use the whats hot topic at the side but that's not the only way to check. However ace m2 will be the hottopic for a long time to come so there's no point in creating threads against it. It's more something you have to accept.

/Czeldabolg

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'm not jealous at all.
It's just kinda stupid to see Acem2 all the way, kinda feels like other servers have no chance anymore.

Perhaps the fact they're using old, outdated, bugged, no-longer worked upon files might have something to do with it.

AceM2 offers far more for server owners and players to do. It's only natural people prefer it. It's like saying why aren't we all using the Nokia 3310 still, as opposed to these new smart phones?

No brainer really. If you're bored of seeing ACEM2 posts, feel free to start more off-topic sections or come join the gaming sections below.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
It's ran by some of the staff here at LOMCN.

It's a new set of files that will soon (Hopefully) be released to the public.

Having their forums on LOMCN, encourages people to come back to, or join LOMCN, therefore bringing more interest back into the Mir Community.

I don't see the problem.

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
cba reading through it all really. But i'll say there has always been a fairly low post count about server help etc. due to the fact the games so old.

There is probably still that same amount of posts now about these other things as there was before ace opened. just a lot of AceM2 stuff on top of that now. I don't see the problem, its a mir community and its a mir server..

How dare they liven up the forums and bring people here! go away and get your own forum!

just... no.

BLaPP

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 8, 2013
its like saying why have meg griffin when you can have mila kunis?

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I'm not digging at AceM2 It is far one of the best set of files currently.

Just wanted someone to post something besides AceM2 24/7 :p

Is heroes still gonna be updated? Or has milo lost 100% interest in them and moved onto the next big thing? Will he lose interest in AceM2 if he finds a new source?? I'm just curious.

@Nemo - Does images distort on 3ds max mate? I don't think it does but I wanna be sure.

Anyways I've loved reading some't else besides AceM2 So thanks.

I'll just wait for a topic not about AceM2 and post there. This might of been a useless thread but it was lovely seeing everyone's points.

Feel free to close thread or we can wait for more posts and see what answers/flames we can gather.

LOMCN - Till the end

-Ash

Reactions: MythRohan

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
With AceM2 out why bother making your own server? You will always fall flat on your face when there is a vastly superior server available.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I'm not digging at AceM2 It is far one of the best set of files currently.

Just wanted someone to post something besides AceM2 24/7 :p

Is heroes still gonna be updated? Or has milo lost 100% interest in them and moved onto the next big thing? Will he lose interest in AceM2 if he finds a new source?? I'm just curious.

@Nemo - Does images distort on 3ds max mate? I don't think it does but I wanna be sure.

Anyways I've loved reading some't else besides AceM2 So thanks.

I'll just wait for a topic not about AceM2 and post there. This might of been a useless thread but it was lovely seeing everyone's points.

Feel free to close thread or we can wait for more posts and see what answers/flames we can gather.

LOMCN - Till the end

-Ash
Milo and the team passed over the source to Heroes to the LOMCN community to start work on Ace.

They believed these files were more advanced and better than heroes. it's not a case of getting bored or anything, just what they thought was for the best.

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:39 PM ----------

With AceM2 out why bother making your own server? You will always fall flat on your face when there is a vastly superior server available.

This is the only thing I'm worried about at the moment.

No files out there are near to these now.

Heroes are old and too buggy. Ruby are good but also buggy and the coders don't have much free time to help.

2.3 are over with, they're like the old 1.4 files now.

So there's no point even making a server currently until these files get released.

mighty3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
grantham
just hope they relase the files soon .

or do some more work on the heroes files as a lot off people are still using them it a shame they are not being worked on . if I could code myself I would do.

it would of given people a better choice of files to use then in stead of acrm2 .

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Unless the Ace files get released soon, the AceM2 server team will be responsible for pretty much killing off the private server scene.

Anyone who doesn't enjoy playing a low rate anymore is kind of out on limb using files that are out of date and no longer being developed. A good, stable set of files have been developed (and good job on developing / translating etc on them), but are yet to be released making a monopoly for the AceM2 server.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
They wont release the ACEM2 files.

There are skills which are being moved away from the euro mir model which i regard as customisation and no longer working to a 2.3 standard.
Why would they do this if their intention is to release the files to a broader group who will then customise accordingly for their own servers?
This indicates to me they will do what I originally expected and restrict access to absorb all the players.

100% no chance of a release of ACEMir2 based on their actions.
I know they have said they will release them. But actions speak louder than words and it currently looks like they are working on THEIR private server rather than Publishing the files.. Does that make sense?

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
They wont release the ACEM2 files.

There are skills which are being moved away from the euro mir model which i regard as customisation and no longer working to a 2.3 standard.
Why would they do this if their intention is to release the files to a broader group who will then customise accordingly for their own servers?
This indicates to me they will do what I originally expected and restrict access to absorb all the players.

100% no chance of a release of ACEMir2 based on their actions.
I know they have said they will release them. But actions speak louder than words and it currently looks like they are working on THEIR private server rather than Publishing the files.. Does that make sense?

I completely agree with you, you said what I was thinking.

This will drive players who don't want to play the euro model away from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.