Achievement System

Join Discord

Zed

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2014
So I am currently working on an achievement system, and want feedback on certain aspects.

Achievement System:
You have a list of achievements, some require others to be completed first, you unlock new sets of achievements after you hit certain Achievement Point(AP) thresholds.

You have Achievement Difficulty from 1* to 5* difficulty.
Varying difficulty will provide better rewards and more AP

I mainly want input on what rewards to see for achievements (obviously there is the target to gain AP), and what would make the system interesting for you and for you to want to achievement hunt (other than the classic achievement hunters).

I want to reward people without having a negative impact on the game (in terms of bringing in too much stuff from the AP system)

Depending on Difficulty
EXP
Gold
HuntCoin (Free GameGold Variant)
GameGold
*Gems (for example, successfully use 3 magicgems, gives you another magicgem)
*Benediction Oils (successfully luck a weapon 50 times, gives you x benes)

AP Restrictions (Needing X AP for a specific function)
Access to a specific small town map where consumables are sold cheaper
AP Only Cosmetics (such as an Achievement gained mount when you reach a high amount of AP)
A separate ranking for AP scores so you can compete with others.

Am I missing anything you would recommend in this style of system?
or is there anything above that has a glaring hole?

I want to get this bottomed out while I write up the system.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Like the sounds of that, Everybody who's done this before has just done " kill x amount of mobs for so much exp" like it how your tying it into Gems / Bene's etc.. Could go well if not too OP.

Zed

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2014
Like the sounds of that, Everybody who's done this before has just done " kill x amount of mobs for so much exp" like it how your tying it into Gems / Bene's etc.. Could go well if not too OP.

There will even be random ones that you can basically get by luck, but ill keep these quiet (but think of things like when you get killed by deathwing - that kind of achievement)

It will be like a tier
1> Use 3 Gems / Get 20AP / 100k EXP
2> Use 10 Gems / Get 50AP / 500k EXP
Class Dependant unlock
3> Use 10 Bravery/Magic/SoulGems / Get 150AP / 2x Brave/Magic/SoulGem

Obviously the values are just there for examples but that would be the idea, you would only get consumable item rewards by going through tiers (so using 23 gems you get an additional 2.

Reactions: Piff1