Heroes Adding a new item in the database

Join Discord

raven10087

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 5, 2012
Hey,

This section of the forum is quickly getting filled with my problems, for that I'm sorry.
However I have learnt so much!

My problem now is adding a simple ring. I have added a new ring into the MirDBEditor.exe
because it's a new item i put it in the idx as 879. The ring is only an item for an NPC to collect as part of a quest. It has no stats and needs to be dropped off a mob. I want it to look like a bluering so it has "looks 142". It has STDmode 44 to behave like a normal item.

So the ring is in the database and also in the ItemNameList.txt lastly the item is in a drop file 1/1.

So where have i gone wrong

when i try @make "ring" it says the name is not in the database. They are all called the same.

Thank you for any help towards this.

Writing my 1st quest so im very excited! and of course annoyed i've hit another wall :(

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
did you restart server or type @reloaditemdb on a GM?
And there is no need for it to be in ItemNameList.txt

Upvote 0

raven10087

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 5, 2012
yeah that's the problem it is in database but @make "ring" just doesn't work. Yeah I did try reload db item. Knew it was odd that it didn't work.
Anyone else know what could be wrong ?

There are 9 "new ring1-9" rings in the db so i decided to edit "newring1" to the name of the ring i'm using in the quest and it won't even find that in the DB. But i can @make newring2.

Odd...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
have you tried creating more then one ring , theres silly bugs like some item skins etc dont work....try renaming a dragonring or something and see if that works.

Upvote 0

raven10087

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 5, 2012
I'll try that tomorrow :) thanks

---------- Post Merged at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Ok any changes i make to the MDB viewer plus on the file Databade.mdb in mir200 file. Isnt changing anything. I have changed mobs and spells but the tab StdItems any changes i make do not change ingame. I save the new db and run the server.

I deleted a random item "breadnegg" from the DB and that item can still be made ingame also i changed the names of different items and they still @make with the old names and not the new ones.

---------- Post Merged at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Ok thank everyone for the help it is now fixed.

I have 2 copys of the mir server , one for back up. although when i open MDB viewer plus and directed it to open the corred DB from the server im working on. It was actually opening the backup copy of the DB i had.

Hope this helps anyone else who has a copy of a backup.
Much thanks to everyone!

and my first quest worked!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0