Advice? #2

smoochy boys on tour

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Ok, i saw how you helped with the other guys problem so i just wonderd if you could provide your opinions on my problem.

Well basicaly, I was down the pub on christmas night with all the boys, decided to leave my coat behind the bar as everyone else does.Kept my phone, fags and money in my pocket but left my wallet in my coat.

Anyway, this morning i noticed that i didnt have my wallet, so ive had all my mates and my dad looking for my wallet and ringing around to see if they could find it, which they couldnt.

So i've reported my card missing etc, and they told me that £250 was taken out yesterday, which wasn't me as i was with family all day. I told this to one of my mates, who reminded me that one of the other boys in the pub had run out of money, left the pub, come back 30 mins later and had money again. Then another of my mates told me that the same boy had been behind the bar 'looking for his coat'.

I now think it might be him, but i didn't know how he could know my pin, then remembered that he had been there earlier when i withdrew for myself. So, basicaly, not that you needed to know all that, but i am pretty certain it's the boy all my mates say it is.

Now, what i want you to let me know is, do you think that i should let the bank deal with it and maybe get my money back, or should i sort it out myself, and definetely get my money back?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Two options really.

Confront him

Or try get the police involved. (It is theft, afterall).

Confronting him could only make matters worse.

The police are fooking useless, so they probably wont do anything??

Its a hard situation really.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
my opinion is dont let him know, make sure you get your money back, then leave it be for a while. couple of months l8r when hes walking home from the pub pissed have him taken care of. therefor you havent lost any money and you get your revenge and aslong as your smart about it.

thats what id do anyway.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
my opinion is dont let him know, make sure you get your money back, then leave it be for a while. couple of months l8r when hes walking home from the pub pissed have him taken care of. therefor you havent lost any money and you get your revenge and aslong as your smart about it.

thats what id do anyway.

That's being amazingly smart, yes, you have hit the nail on the head.

After being down the pub pissed... hmmm, just a couple of things;

1) If he has just been up the pub and he is pissed do you really expect him to have £250 on him?

2) If you read what i said in the first post, it's in the pub that this happened in the first place, and he had no money then, which most probably means, he won't have money now, or in a couple of months.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
An intelligent and well thought-out post as ever Colonel. You never cease to amaze me!

Moving on, how well do you know the guy?

Last edited:

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Well, lived in the same town for 18 years, but he's never been a real mate, just some guy you say alright to walking down the street.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Well, lived in the same town for 18 years, but he's never been a real mate, just some guy you say alright to walking down the street.

oh right so u dont mind if he gets nicked.

Problem is you don't have any hard evidence.

Do any of your better mates know him well?

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Well, if he gets nicked there probably would be a situation with his mates coming to my door etc as we all live in the same town.

There were enough of my mates there to say they witnessed it and it should also have him on cctv taking the money out, as the dumb bastrd withdrew it from a cashpoint 2 minutes away.

Not really, the town where i live everyone knows everyone but it's still split into groups.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Well as you've already informed the bank they ought to deal with it.

i.e. find out where the £250 transac took place and then trying for cctv.

and after that the police will be involved whether u tell them directly or not

Therefore I would imagine it's a case of whether or not u want to speed the whole thing up or let it take it's toll through procedure

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
That's being amazingly smart, yes, you have hit the nail on the head.

After being down the pub pissed... hmmm, just a couple of things;

1) If he has just been up the pub and he is pissed do you really expect him to have £250 on him?

2) If you read what i said in the first post, it's in the pub that this happened in the first place, and he had no money then, which most probably means, he won't have money now, or in a couple of months.

what i meant was let the bank/police deal with it so you get your money back, thought i made that pretty obvious but after reading over it i can see why you took it the way you did but after getting the money back legally etc id let it settle then when hes pissed have him sorted out.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
what i meant was let the bank/police deal with it so you get your money back, thought i made that pretty obvious but after reading over it i can see why you took it the way you did but after getting the money back legally etc id let it settle then when hes pissed have him sorted out.

Give you a ring, should he?

Bring the boys round, would you?

nob.

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005

thats what id do anyway.

Does every problem you would solve involve hititng someone?

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Im not reading the rest of the bull**** responses.

Contact the bank and begin proceedings to have your card cancelled.

Then tell them you know an illegal transaction has taken place.

Contact the police.

All you can do.