Affinity Ascension Review

smoochy boys on tour

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Hi everyone! Highly opinionated Mir player here! I have been playing Affinity since it opened and have experienced the server itself + the servers capability of running an event so I figured I would make a review of the server in case anyone thought about wanting to play.

First off, the server is way more polished from when it first opened and how some of you might of remembered beta. I would say honestly I was ashamed of the beta players as I feel they were not actually testing the server for bugs but rather doing it for their own benefit so they knew what bosses dropped, etc. This resulted in the server having a few hiccups at the start but azzi got on his horse and solved a lot of bugs which should of been solved by the beta testers.

Content, if you are looking for a server with loads of content then this would be a good server for you to explore and test the drops (solo or group as both are there). If you are looking for a server owner that is putting out content in a timely manner then this would be a good server for you.

How he handles feedback, so long as you don't start your feedback with the typical keyboard warrior, "You're a ****ing idiot" and actually give your perspective you have a really high chance of him working something out.

I don't want to make this post really long so I will leave it at this and say the server is worth trying out and there is an event going on right now so if you are a new player you can easily catch up.

Trollypolly

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Hmm 2nd post like this, most be paying people off lmao

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Nah,

considering Trolly's previous posts about his servers were highly criticising and were mostly negative, I think this shows azzi's done a good job turning it around since his last server.

I don't play, but i'm happy it's receiving well.

Cybac

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi,

Let me assure you that nobody is paid anything to post on here on anywhere else, everything we are doing is open and transparent and conducted with the utmost integrity. We are in this for the long term so we are doing our best to get it right. :)

We really appreciate the positive comments, in this day and age we are all quick to write a rant or a moan but not always quick to give the positive feedback when things are good, so I'd really like to thank you for taking the time to write this up, these positive words make me grin like a loony from behind my keyboard :glee: :topsy_turvy: :excitement:

We've had a few ups and down's in our first month but we are pleased with the way it's going in general, that being said we have so many ideas and so much in the pipeline it's full steam ahead for the whole team (now extended to 3 of us with the addition of |V|erlin our newly recruited developer)

New content is being released regularly and previous content is always going through a refinement process. We take feedback from our players on board while filtering out the non constructive and take into account other data we have before making any changes.

We're pleased to inform everyone that for the last couple weeks we are running a development server and a live server side by side so all patches and content updates will have to go through a stringent testing and quality control phase on the development server before they reach the main live server.

We have a definite vision of where we'd like to take the server and the story line, we hope you enjoy the adventure as much as we do.

Cybac
Affinity Mir - Co-Founder

free-to-play-header-banner-weapons-960x140.jpg

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Hi, ...

We really appreciate the positive comments, in this day and age we are all quick to write a rant or a moan but not always quick to give the positive feedback when things are good, so I'd really like to thank you for taking the time to write this up, these positive words make me grin like a loony from behind my keyboard :glee: :topsy_turvy: :excitement:
Cybac
Affinity Mir - Co-Founder

No problem Cybac, you and azzi deserve it for the time you are putting into this. The results are showing as the population is growing with out a doubt so just stay positive and keep doing what you are doing. The only thing I hope is that when this event ends there is something to hold that void so people don't leave after the event is over.

As for the paying comment I am a bit shocked a forum moderator was serious about asking that question.

Trolly

Cab

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 9, 2016
Been playing this recently, seems decent except very annoying that it doesnt have an active forum that people use.

Couldnt get ingame last night after reboot, raised a ticket, azze replied once with a solution that never worked then I never heard from him again. So I sacked it off n went to bed.

12 hours later still can't get ingame... poor from the "support team"

Cybac

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi Cab,

Sorry to hear your having problems getting in game. I'll be in touch via your ticket shortly to see if we can get this resolved for you asap. We do have a forums however were not pushing it at the moment due to the fact that our websitr is in the middle of a complete redesign, we will be pushing the new forums once the new site is launched in a couple of weeks.

Be in touch shortly once I've reviewed your ticket.

Cybac
Co-Founder Affinity Mir

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
The only thing I hope is that when this event ends there is something to hold that void so people don't leave after the event is over.
Trolly

I am playing another server which also had summer event and was going to post to this effect - every major event when it ends should either be followed by some content patch or at least 'some part' of the event should stay post event and become part of the server full time.

As an example Gamepot USA mir2 left 'chocolates' in drops after an event was ended (they prevented dura drop when equipped). It would have to be something sustainable in the long run but the idea is not to return after the event to the 'normal hum drum' server (with due respect to all who run servers out there past or current).

Last edited: