Affinity Mir - The Final Chapter

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Any response from the GM as of yet?

Like what? lol.

"Sorry, lost/deleted or corrupted files, so all accounts have been wiped...but no worries, it's what open beta is for"

From the testing results that i can see going on, and the conversation in Discord....a lot is very basic involving spawn times, drop rates and exp gains. All of which should have been tested before it was opened, even for beta testing.

There is such a thing as self testing, but seems as though **** has been thrown in and forcing the community to make the fine tuning...it's rather lazy in my opinion lol.

When a Taoist Lv.0 SummonSkele can solo in Past Bichon with ease....you know you've not tested even the basics of changes. God knows what else you might have missed if you're expecting everyone to test from start to finish.

You also shouldn't have had the Gameshop open, regardless of your opinion of wanting players to experience the game how they would play. Any feedback regarding anything that can be effected by the Gameshop items will be false and misleading and present a disadvantage to any players wanting to play without the Gameshop,

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Yes we had to wipe backwards due to a tonne of problems (Nothing to do with not having backups because it backs up every 2-3 minutes).

I apologise this has happened, but its open beta. Sometimes things like this happen and its great that it did now rather than in the live scenario.

Just come and talk to me in-game if you have any questions

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Yes we had to wipe backwards due to a tonne of problems (Nothing to do with not having backups because it backs up every 2-3 minutes).

I apologise this has happened, but its open beta. Sometimes things like this happen and its great that it did now rather than in the live scenario.

Just come and talk to me in-game if you have any questions

And the problems have been resolved?

Regardless of it being an open beta people are putting time (And in some cases money) into it.

Maybe consider upping the starting level so we can continue testing content that hasn't been seen as much (I think most people will agree with first 6/7 levels in the start town are awful)

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
And the problems have been resolved?

Regardless of it being an open beta people are putting time (And in some cases money) into it.

Maybe consider upping the starting level so we can continue testing content that hasn't been seen as much (I think most people will agree with first 6/7 levels in the start town are awful)

Today I'll be testing the World buff system, and im sure I can sort something out for people.

And yes the issues at hand that caused the problem are fixed, it won't happen again

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Starting Area Feedback

Issues resolved

@Store cap removed
Cavern bosses strength lowered

As most of us have now played through I'd like to compile a list of potential issues/feedback regarding the starting zone.

Mob stats

Babyfrog - Seem fine
Doe - Tad too much health and potential too much agility for Taoists (Watched a Tao smash this for a while meanwhile I killed 3 as a War)
Grizzly - High DC - Kills a war (lvl 3/4) in 4 hits, Easiest way to deal with the 1 you have to kill was just to die over and over.

Cavern Mobs - Seem fine
Cavern "Bosses" - For the level you face them at they absolutely stomp players - RESOLVED

Quest Progression

Most of the userbase will have played the game before so I expect some of it to be a nuisance.

You could potentially condense some of the "Press x button" quests into one quest instead with a list (Auto completed)

With the removal of the @Store cap it may even be a better option to remove the need to do all 3 Caverns - Instead give the player the option to clear one of them to escape the starting area

Item Progression

Not sure about anyone else but I was receiving items far too early (Level 7 weapon at level 2/3) - Would make sense to lower the lvl on this item to speed up the starting area progression or increase the XP up until that point.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Starting Area Feedback

Issues resolved

@Store cap removed

As most of us have now played through I'd like to compile a list of potential issues/feedback regarding the starting zone.

Mob stats

Babyfrog - Seem fine
Doe - Tad too much health and potential too much agility for Taoists (Watched a Tao smash this for a while meanwhile I killed 3 as a War)
Grizzly - High DC - Kills a war (lvl 3/4) in 4 hits, Easiest way to deal with the 1 you have to kill was just to die over and over.

Cavern Mobs - Seem fine
Cavern "Bosses" - For the level you face them at they absolutely stomp players - RESOLVED

Quest Progression

Most of the userbase will have played the game before so I expect some of it to be a nuisance.

You could potentially condense some of the "Press x button" quests into one quest instead with a list (Auto completed)

With the removal of the @Store cap it may even be a better option to remove the need to do all 3 Caverns - Instead give the player the option to clear one of them to escape the starting area

- Definitely something i can look at doing
Item Progression

Not sure about anyone else but I was receiving items far too early (Level 7 weapon at level 2/3) - Would make sense to lower the lvl on this item to speed up the starting area progression or increase the XP up until that point.

I'll amend the levels on them for the next reboot

Thankyou for the informative post, I'll get straight on it :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Starting Area Feedback

Issues resolved

@Store cap removed

Mob stats

Babyfrog - Seem fine

Cavern Mobs - Seem fine

Quest Progression

Item Progression

I personally found the hand holding a bit pathetic lol.

Even someone who hasn't played Mir will be able to figure this out on their own.

Get rid of those quests, as they are quite simply a ball ache.

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I personally found the hand holding a bit pathetic lol.

Even someone who hasn't played Mir will be able to figure this out on their own.

Get rid of those quests, as they are quite simply a ball ache.

Well with the amendments your able to just type @Store at level 1 and go straight to skip to bichon. Mir is still a very different gameset to most games especially with its F9 and etc for inventory instead of the standard B for bag.

But I don't cast your opinion off its a fair point

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well with the amendments your able to just type @Store at level 1 and go straight to skip to bichon. Mir is still a very different gameset to most games especially with its F9 and etc for inventory instead of the standard B for bag.

But I don't cast your opinion off its a fair point

You will potentially create a different problem for yourself. I asked about getting out of the Starter Zone early (Because i didn't care for these types of quests), and was told i had to be Lv7 so....i was effectively forced into doing this hand holding. I then was told, if i left early without completing the quests, that it will prevent me questing when i leave? I would assume because they are a pre-req before the main quests in BW?

If this is the case, and you have removed the cap on the start area (Is this leaving, or returning to the area?)....then you will have a lot of complaints about not seeing/receiving quests.

At best you should have the option of "I already know how to play" that will skip the mechanics hand holding for the players that don't want it, that will auto flag everything for them without preventing future questing.

I would suggest everything from where the killing quests begin and take out all of the "Press B for Bag or F10 for Character screen" etc.

BLaPP

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 8, 2013
Seems that almost no testing has been done in this , I played for minutes and found bugs glitches and problems with stuff. Seems like he hasn't bothered to test anything and just put stuff in and hopes for the best

ill be playing when it's live but not giving this "open beta/first ever test" any more of my time sorry.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
You will potentially create a different problem for yourself. I asked about getting out of the Starter Zone early (Because i didn't care for these types of quests), and was told i had to be Lv7 so....i was effectively forced into doing this hand holding. I then was told, if i left early without completing the quests, that it will prevent me questing when i leave? I would assume because they are a pre-req before the main quests in BW?

If this is the case, and you have removed the cap on the start area (Is this leaving, or returning to the area?)....then you will have a lot of complaints about not seeing/receiving quests.

At best you should have the option of "I already know how to play" that will skip the mechanics hand holding for the players that don't want it, that will auto flag everything for them without preventing future questing.

I would suggest everything from where the killing quests begin and take out all of the "Press B for Bag or F10 for Character screen" etc.

You can return to haven at any level using the NPC - this i also replied to Reverance and said its something i can look into for skipping the initial area.

Thankyou for the points

BLaPP, thats what open beta is for if you found "Bugs or glitches" and had reported them they would be fixed immediately.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Hmmm very interesting.
Bet that causes some integrity issues.

The data that uses SQL (at least when I did it) was mainly monsters & items (static data that gets loaded upon start up) I didn't get around to doing the character data etc.. so unlikely to be the culprit of data corruption.
MySQL you can do automated backups locally or even remotely if that was the problem, I doubt it though.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Some images of the some Invasion testing during Open Beta

18766449_447167998974024_8311651503665690561_o.jpg

18766688_447168005640690_6806171877530250833_o.jpg

18814620_447168078974016_309985755375534015_o.jpg

18814585_447168088974015_7099848630372029546_o.jpg

18922536_447168235640667_8420731907985974881_o.jpg

18814575_447168272307330_4775020392395905372_o.jpg

18879995_447168302307327_1375926806029647819_o.jpg

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
The data that uses SQL (at least when I did it) was mainly monsters & items (static data that gets loaded upon start up) I didn't get around to doing the character data etc.. so unlikely to be the culprit of data corruption.
MySQL you can do automated backups locally or even remotely if that was the problem, I doubt it though.

Even if it's not the cause of the current issue it will cause issues later down the line because thinks like items and characters are relational entities.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Even if it's not the cause of the current issue it will cause issues later down the line because thinks like items and characters are relational entities.

The only issue would be if the SQL server is down while the server is loading or the SQL wasn't secure to prevent SQL injections other than that, the data is loaded onto the server upon load up, the server than uses that stored data throughout the whole time it's online and you can turn the SQL off if you wanted although adjusting items wouldn't be possible and would more than likely crash the server, normally, you connect to a local instance of SQL although it's also possible to keep the data on a remote system so I'm not sure how you'd come to that conclusion.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Patch Notes 1.8

-Fixed a bug with gems not syncing
-Amended Spawn radius for Bug Cave
-Amended Spawn radius for Stone Tomb
-Amended Spawn Timers for Bug Cave
-Amended Spawn Timers for Stone Tomb
-Amended Spawn Timers for PSC
-Amended Spawn Timers for PT