Aion 2.5 Empyrean Calling

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Thought this deserved a new topic, biggest update of Aion which goes Live today (25th).

[video=youtube;1abY7VYcKv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1abY7VYcKv4[/video]

For full features of 2.5 Click ME!

If this was WoW they would have a new expansion and have a parade over it but for Aion all you do is update your client. I think am the only one here who still plays Aion but meh thought il post it anyway.

P.s When the video says 3.0 and shows you riding mounts, thats not in this update that will be in 3.0 update.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Looks good, only thing that puts me off trying it is many keep saying its dieing as player count is really low now. I think I read the main reason was class unbalance and a bad grind factor. I will bite the bullet and try for myself I think.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Looks good, only thing that puts me off trying it is many keep saying its dieing as player count is really low now. I think I read the main reason was class unbalance and a bad grind factor. I will bite the bullet and try for myself I think.

Main reason alot of people left was because of Rifts being nurfed, they have now been reset back and alot of people are returning.

Aion was grindy in the first year of launch since then they have increased exp rewards, drop rates and gold rates.

I rolled a ranger 5 days ago and now level 42 on him with full gold armor and wep
http://uk.aiononline.com/myaion-character-detail?charId=458041&serverId=31
no help from my other characters with gold or anything so you can see how things have changed and how much easier Aion is now.

Although starting certain classes like Ranger is a pain up to level 25, think i wasted 2 days getting up to level 25 on him because you don't get many skills because you start of with a melee weapon but after 25 you just pure easy.

But Aion is PVP based mmorpg, of course it has it's PVE aspects and story to Aion but later on around 50 you will need to PVP if you want the Abyss gear, so if your not a fan of PVP then Aion isnt for you.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Spatalos - Asmo.

Got lvl20 Elyos on Perento but don't play it, much prefer the Asmo race.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Hit 50 last night on my ranger, also it's double exp til june 6th or somthing so good time to start plus you get tons of exp charms to help you level.

If anyone elyos on Spatalos let me know, do dailys quick ;p.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
me and ma wife are asmos on spat. we have only just started playing aion again

can i ask how long u been on ur archer m8 as to be u seem to have geek it to 50 or it really as got alot easyer to get 50 lol

i had a 43 sorc n 44 sin took me for ever

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
With double exp and 50% exp charms it's piss easy, took me around a week to get to 50, but i pure grinded and not many people can handle the "grind" in Aion which i find a joke lol.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
how many hours a day did u grind?

Hmm around 4-5 hrs at night on weekdays and on weekend i don't know, jumped off and on. Nothing like it was though, remember when i first played it was hardish now it's pretty easy but not that easy if you get what i mean.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
im kinda lost atm lol. ive 4got ma nc soft account n got my aion account.

so i made the trail game account but it only gives me a nc soft account not a aion account so when i go to log in to aion i get wrong id pass etc.

its chaged from when i last played u had 2 pass id etc

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
You still have 2 accounts, NCSoft account and Aion account, i never used trail before so am unsure on that part.

Login to your NCSoft account, select your game account and it should say if it's playable or not.

P.s It's maintenance i forgot, back up in 25mins from now.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
ive made a ncsoft account but dnt no how to make an aion account, my ncsoft says playable

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
To create a Aion account you need to register your game Key with your NCSoft account, game key is found inside the box but i just paid direct.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
ye i have had a few accounts for aion banned on 4 5 times so just started a new one

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Aion 3.0 Update Trailer <3
[video=youtube;c_21FHvJ5N0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_21FHvJ5N0&feature=feedu[/video]

This is why Aion imo is one of the best mmorpgs out there at the moment, also remember these are not expansions, these are just simple updates you download, just think when they release a expansion what will be added.

I know the Mounts will be a massive hit with Aion, everyone moaned about running around everywere and not being able to fly out of towns so this is great. The housing is nice, it's not really needed but it's still a nice feature, other mmos have this though.

Also new Seige which imo was needed, i know there is alot of PVP in Aion but the Abyss was getting a little boring, Not many turned up after 50 but maybe i can finally get my medals for pvp gear <3.

Not sure when this will be released but NCsoft (English) have just released the trailer so i expect it to be released in a few months.

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Aion rocks, gunna have to send off for my "forgotten account" :)