American TV

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Anyone watch much of this? I believe i've become stupidly addicted lol, started out with just Scrubs and Smallville but look at the list now...

Smallville, Scrubs, Prison Break, Lost, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The OC, Desperate Hosuewives, Pushing Daisies, Fringe, Dirty Sexy Money, My Name is Earl, Gary Unmarried, The Big Bang Theory, Veronica Mars, Friends, Entourage, Kyle XY, Chuck, Family Guy, 8 Simple Rules, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Breaking Bad, Greek, Weeds, Heroes, South Park, Hung, Easy Money, Dark Blue, Royal Pains, The Goode Family, The Philanthropist, 10 Things I Hate About You, Leverage, Warehouse 13, Bones, Dead Like Me, Mental, Better Off Ted, Dollhouse, Lie To Me, Castle and The Listener.

There is probably more that i can't remember at the moment, and i tend to watch any new shows that come out =x. Anyone got any suggestions of more that i can watch? =p.

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
they make good tv when they dont take it over the top

south park rulez

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
American TV ****s all over majority of English stuff though, we only seem to be able to make half decent comedies.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
out of those the only ones i watch are

Scrubs, Lost, Friends, Family Guy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Heroes, South Park

i also watched 'how i met your mother' for a while, but sorta lost track of it.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
out of those the only ones i watch are

Scrubs, Lost, Friends, Family Guy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Heroes, South Park

i also watched 'how i met your mother' for a while, but sorta lost track of it.

Can't beat a bit of Buffy =p, can remember watching them all as a kid on BBC2!

If you're looking for something to watch, then i would definitely recommend:
Bones
Fringe
Lie to Me
Chuck
Entourage
The Big Bang Theory

Particularly Bones, as out of 4 seasons there is only one disappointing episode and it has been signed for another 2 seasons, which shows how good it is!

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009
DarkXXX said:
American TV ****s all over majority of English stuff though, we only seem to be able to make half decent comedies.

lol, what are you talking about? Channel 4 has some very good comedies. Green Wing always sticks in my mind, for example.

Anyway all they seem to play over here is American stuff (mainly crime dramas) so I've been forced to start watching stuff like CSI, CSI:NY, CSI:Miama, Law&Order, Law&Order: CI, Law&Order: SVU, Law&Order: UK, Cold Case, NCIS, The Closer, Supernatural, Ghost Whisperer and all that ****. Plus the Aussie versions like Rush which I actually quite like.

Can't beat a bit of Buffy =p, can remember watching them all as a kid on BBC2!

If you're looking for something to watch, then i would definitely recommend:
Bones
Fringe
Lie to Me
Chuck
Entourage
The Big Bang Theory

Particularly Bones, as out of 4 seasons there is only one disappointing episode and it has been signed for another 2 seasons, which shows how good it is!

I disagree, Bones has nothing to grip you and want to watch further... I've watched a couple of episodes and been horridly bored and ended up turning over to watch Law & Order (now that's saying somethin).

How i met ur mother is good though, i remember watching that at like 2am on tuesdays when I was in college lol

Last edited:

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
I disagree, Bones has nothing to grip you and want to watch further... I've watched a couple of episodes and been horridly bored and ended up turning over to watch Law & Order (now that's saying somethin).

=O! I finished all 4 seasons in about 3 weeks lol. It kept me majorly hooked as i love character and relationship development which Bones has a lot of plus the added extra of good storyline on each episode. In order to really get into a lot of the American shows though you have to watch them from the very beginning in my opinion and work your way through, watching odd episodes just really doesn't do anything for me.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
i'm from the usa
i good show is ncis and burn notice :D

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
South Park is too childish now, I loved it..

.. When I was 12.

I loved it when i was 12 and then grew to find it immature, then fell back in love with it this year. It's a lot more intellectual than you might think.

Started watching Burn Notice and i love it, just started season 3 =p.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Smallville, Watched since season1
Lost, got boring after season 2
Pushing Daisies, very wierd show.
Friends, love it
Family Guy, who dosnt love it?
8 Simple Rules, lead female is fit as anything
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, shes fit
Heroes, only watched season 1
South Park, gotta love cartman

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
qft

Dexter is great, Same with true blood and check out fringe sometime.

Watched the first episode and a bit of the second of True Blood, and just thought it was wierd, and didn't seem to go anywhere. Watched Fringe as soon as it came out, brilliant show. I also love Dexter, anyone see the season 4 pre-air? Looks like it's going to be an amazing season, shame i have to wait another month to see another episode though.

Just started watching Californication, pretty impressed so far.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
New season of Heroes is well under way.
And Flash forward has just started in England (caught an episode last night - really enjoyed it).
Whilst True Blood (or whatever it's called) starts tomorrow over here, and it's received leet reviews, will need to keep on top of that one too.

My degree is destined to fail...