and they pay him for it...?

smoochy boys on tour

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Im not sure if any of you have watched this but lately they've put 'Devvo' on E4. I know that raz0rfang guy made a thread about this but i feel it wasnt fully duscussed and it just turned into a flame.

Anyway, i cant see how this guy got on tv. He represents the scum that pollute england and they're paying him for it. Young kids are seeing this, thinking hes funny and using him as a role model.

Your thoughts?

/Xanan

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
it all started off as 2 ppl (fatpie.com) paying him abit of money to film him for entertainment.

i didnt watch the program (wanted to but missed it), but im guessing because hes been such a hit on fatpie that E4 wanted to make some money off it.

he is funny, and what i wld tall a typical chav, even if he does put on an act.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
So basically they will put an average idiot on TV and call it entertainment. Although from what i hear i guess its far less "staged" than Big Brother, which is just a total act, as i have inside information that portions of the show are "scripted" in the respect that people are told to talk about certain subjects, which they know will aggravate other members.

They should put me on TV, if kids had me as a role model, they would still be offensive, but there would be a bit of class and skill in it, and when they send threatening e-mails they wouldn't get laughed at or ignored because of pathetic spelling and grammar. He'll they might even show it in schools to stop the waves of "dat gy ova der is cool"

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
The only problem i have about is that kids see this and conform because they think that if they copy him its seen as cool by the others while at the same time the people they are doing this for are thinking ill act like a fool because ill be seen as cool. In here lies the problem eveyone is conforming to a standerd of "coolnesss" that really no one think is cool its ludicrous.

Its time to promote a sence of self to kids so they dont grow up thinkin its good or cool to act like a fool.

comady can be funny and clever, the simpsons is straight forward funny to all where as family guy can be found funny to all but it takes a higher level of thinking to fully grasp each and every joke. This is the type of thing we need to see more of.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
lolol‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
Devo's brilliant and funny, you dont have to discuss childrens future's over 1 guy LOL its not as if every teenager in britain is going to pick up a can of gas and start sniffing it are they?

Your taking this WAY into proportion, if it was say a Goth or an Emo doing this acting like a fool then you would say 'Omg XXXX was brill on E4 last night, but the fact he's a 'chav' and 'scum' to britain you think of him as a fool, you have to respect him for doing this on E4 he's having fun and enjoying himself.

/Stan

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
DayWalker™ said:
if it was say a Goth or an Emo doing this acting like a fool then you would say 'Omg XXXX was brill on E4 last night.
You obviously don't know the majority of people on here then do you? =]

No matter what stereotype it is, It'll be pointless and pathetic.

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
I simply cant believe Devvo is genuine, too many well placed gags, like when hes talking about selling a used bus ticket in that fatpie vid, there just happened to be someone walking down the alley at that precise moment

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
DayWalker™ said:
Devo's brilliant and funny, you dont have to discuss childrens future's over 1 guy LOL its not as if every teenager in britain is going to pick up a can of gas and start sniffing it are they?

Your taking this WAY into proportion, if it was say a Goth or an Emo doing this acting like a fool then you would say 'Omg XXXX was brill on E4 last night, but the fact he's a 'chav' and 'scum' to britain you think of him as a fool, you have to respect him for doing this on E4 he's having fun and enjoying himself.

/Stan

So you think having fun and enjoying yourself includes 'taking little girls to the woods and raping them' as he says in one of his videos. If it was a emo or a goth i'd be exactly the same.

This shouldnt be the way england is portrayed. Shown as pikeys and scum.

What makes devvo so brilliant. There is no thought put into it what so ever. The only thing hes brilliant at, is having no self dignity.

I have to respect him?!

Im supposed to respect this?
devvo4ti.png

No chance.

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
Its a TV programme half the stuffs not even real its meant to be funny, if E4 really thought he would rape girls and stuff do you think they would show it on their channel ? it wouldnt even qualify to be played...

@urban

I may have overdone that bit but you get my drift.

/Stan

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
DayWalker™ said:
Its a TV programme half the stuffs not even real its meant to be funny, if E4 really thought he would rape girls and stuff do you think they would show it on their channel ? it wouldnt even qualify to be played...

@urban

I may have overdone that bit but you get my drift.

/Stan

Well considering most people on here arnt sure if its real or not. How are young kids supposed to know? They assume it is.

Rocky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2004
Liverpool!!!
why u people complaining about devo, hes a funny guy, yer he's a tramp an not a good icon 2 kids but thers plenty worse things on tv, at the end of the day its a program, it aint up 2 e4 2 show i good icon, its up 2 e4 2 earn money an thats what ther doing, its up 2 the parents 2 keep control of there kids not a television program

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
There's plenty more crap on TV other than this, if you dont like it dont watch it? and imo it's down to parent's to make sure their children dont watch it...simple as, aint no big deal.