Any 2.3 and Ruby Servers available? [Have a Quick Read]

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Are there any 2.3 and Ruby servers up and available for a small experiment?

I have basically thrown together a new Server Status (user count thingy) list.

At the moment it there is a registration page where you are able to add your servers ip, port that provides the info (default 3000), type of server (heroes, 2.3, ruby) and exp (low, medium, high) which is then submitted to a database and read in through the server statistics page.

The server statistics page retrieves the servers name, type, exp and count from the database which is updated every 60 seconds if the page has been hit (e.g. if the page isn't hit for an hour then the statistics don't need to be updated so they won't be).

What I need to do is confirm that the responding message from port 3000 is the same for both 2.3 and Ruby as it is for Heroes (I have a feeling they are different).

So, if you have a 2.3 server and/or a Ruby server, would it be possible to open port 3000 on router/firewall and post/ping me the ip address so I am able to add your server to the list for testings :D.

Thanks
Sam

RiseOfHeroes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2013
Hi sam once my server is up at the end of january i would like to be put on this list please.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
You will be able to register your self once the list is up... All you will need to do is ensure that port 3000 is forwarded... If your server goes offline for x amount of time (Undecided yet, me and Milo are still in discussion) then it will be automatically removed from the list and you will have to re-register.

Sam

RiseOfHeroes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2013
You will be able to register your self once the list is up... All you will need to do is ensure that port 3000 is forwarded... If your server goes offline for x amount of time (Undecided yet, me and Milo are still in discussion) then it will be automatically removed from the list and you will have to re-register.

Sam

Ok buddy ill send the request once the server is on the dedi.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Couple of screens... Bare in mind I'm no GUI designer...

Sam

LXViV.jpg

yQbsK.jpg

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Can we host it on LOMCN's server?

I believe that might be about to happen :P.

I have sent everything over to Haz who is in the middle of putting it up now I believe...

Added Mir3 Support and added an additional check to see if the server is using mir2.3 as it appears that td's files are the only ones that reports a different string.

Sam

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just suggestions... you should add a column for "status" as well as usercount; as if you see a server with 0 users, doesn't necessarily mean it's offline. Plus a column for "mir2/mir3" and then another for filetype

:)

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Just suggestions... you should add a column for "status" as well as usercount; as if you see a server with 0 users, doesn't necessarily mean it's offline. Plus a column for "mir2/mir3" and then another for filetype

:)

Yeah this was a very basic v1 attempt... At the moment if a server is unreachable (either offline or port 3000 not available) then its not displayed at all)...

Mir3 and Mir2 I'd like to get little icons to maybe differentiate the two. But first I need to generate an image from it so it can be included in the forums :P

Sam

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Nice one sam, i recon you should make it so the highest user count is on top if it isn't already. Just a suggestion.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Nice one sam, i recon you should make it so the highest user count is on top if it isn't already. Just a suggestion.

Yeah thats one of the features that I think will be added over the next few days... Shouldn't be hard :).

Cheers for input pal.

Sam

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
tbh you should make it so if a servers port 3000 isnt open: then it doesnt get added to the list

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
tbh you should make it so if a servers port 3000 isnt open: then it doesnt get added to the list

That's how it works at the moment... If port 3000 isn't available then you can't register your server... And if it becomes unavailable then the server is removed from the list, but is still known to the system.

Sam