Are there any profesional... heck any photograph artists here?

Join Discord

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
¬_¬ I'm looking for a new hobby - something that will take me far and wide for the fun of it - the solution - photography...

So anyone who likes/does a lot of photography for a hobbi/profession please suggest starting points, help with getting the right camera and equipment and software for PC/Digital editing...

This dude randomly asked me to stop and stand next to a tree in the city centre, and took a photo :| and I had a sort of epiphany... photography looks really interesting...

[Posted in this section because of the digital media aspect]

Turin

ps - Please refrain from commetning on my bad grama/typo today! heater's broken and its fkin cold :@ hands frozen lol

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Well like anything new at first I wouldn't invest too much into it as you may find you don't like it. So I would recommend getting a simple Digital Camera and playing around with that. If you find you do enjoy it then join up to some Photography website (There is bound to be one) and they will be able to help you get to the next level.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
:( You sound like dad. Ok lol I'll do that, its 2 against 1 now.

+ there's I see what you mean, I think posting this thread on a forum for photograph artists is the best option. Ty for the response! :)

Tumaruoso

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Sep 29, 2003
lol I don't know why but I have a really nice Nikon camera sitting in my closet used it like once. I don't wanna look like a geek taking pictures of people. lol

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
o.O geek? Paedophile :P (lol the guy who took my photo was like 40ish... but heck he can't molest a picture of me can he -_-)

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Turin said:
but heck he can't molest a picture of me can he -_-)

no but he can jack off over it.

only messin, dnt worry :P

ye my dad got into photography, he enjoyed it, the best thing to do is what Gimpasaurus said, dnt spend too much just in case you find its not for you

best thing to do would probably, get a nice cam, capable of hooking up to pc, BUT one that you could fiddle with more, you dnt want a cam that produces poor photographs that will just put you off the hobby

my dads got all these stupid little filters and lenses and they can produce some really high quality photos

hes only got one of those praktika cameras with the films not digital, but can change lenses, and stuff, he got it second hand from Jessops

ALSO if your still not too sure what to do, go down to your local Jessops store, (if your english :P ) ask them for advice, tell them what you want to do, explain your situation they would be glad to help you :)

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
kud125 said:

ye my dad got into photography, he enjoyed it, the best thing to do is what Gimpasaurus said, dnt spend too much just in case you find its not for you

best thing to do would probably, get a nice cam, capable of hooking up to pc, BUT one that you could fiddle with more, you dnt want a cam that produces poor photographs that will just put you off the hobby

my dads got all these stupid little filters and lenses and they can produce some really high quality photos

hes only got one of those praktika cameras with the films not digital, but can change lenses, and stuff, he got it second hand from Jessops

ALSO if your still not too sure what to do, go down to your local Jessops store, (if your english :P ) ask them for advice, tell them what you want to do, explain your situation they would be glad to help you :)

Awesome post + I'm American (origin) but I've lived in England since 2 so I think Jessops will let me in :P lol Thank you - I AM definately going to post my work for LomCN's critic ¬¬

+ Blam, you like? :P

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Turin said:
Awesome post + I'm American (origin) but I've lived in England since 2 so I think Jessops will let me in
thankyou, thankyou *bows*

hmmm im not sure, you might have to bribe that spotty, greasy 19 year old :P

HunterR

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 7, 2004
London
Basically the type of job that you are interested in is really a waste of time. 1st To pay any good cash you need to be succesful, as in creating stunning stuff etc. The only good thing that i can think of is to be a model photographer, take pictures of a nice female specimen and get payed well heck maybe even sleep with her.

But to all seriousness what i can think of is to become a paparatzi? take pictures of celebrities and sell them to newspapers. I mean u can do that in ur spear time and ull get quite a nice sum for some pictures eg "justin timberlake and arnold nude in a garden kissing" that would be just a millinon dollar picture.

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
yeah ive always wanted to do photography, wat u think i should take pictures of? i got a camera (really decent and costs loads ) the other crimbo and i only take photos of family, friends, house, cars etc.......... i need something more efficiant.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
HunterR said:
Basically the type of job that you are interested in is really a waste of time

Turin said:
¬_¬ I'm looking for a new hobby
good job turin didnt a job in photography then isnt it. retard

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
kud125 said:
good job turin didnt a job in photography then isnt it. retard

lol thanks kud, he dint seem to read my post properly, I want to become a doctor - but in the five-seven year haul to get there, I'd like a constructive hobby that will take me places.

Speckle said:
yeah ive always wanted to do photography, wat u think i should take pictures of? i got a camera (really decent and costs loads ) the other crimbo and i only take photos of family, friends, house, cars etc.......... i need something more efficiant.

Well I thought I'd get to travel the country a bit, perhaps go back home for a while to get some decent shots. I've always wanted to visit China/Japan to get shots of the really busy streets and amazing lights... but a little closer to England, I would think just have the camera at hand and take a picture of anything that interests you... I supose you'd need a really artistic eye to get those really abstract or definitive pictures that last for ... a second. I'm starting to sound like one of those adverts for cameras. :|

HunterR said:
Basically the type of job that you are interested in is really a waste of time. 1st To pay any good cash you need to be succesful, as in creating stunning stuff etc. The only good thing that i can think of is to be a model photographer, take pictures of a nice female specimen and get payed well heck maybe even sleep with her.

But to all seriousness what i can think of is to become a paparatzi? take pictures of celebrities and sell them to newspapers. I mean u can do that in ur spear time and ull get quite a nice sum for some pictures eg "justin timberlake and arnold nude in a garden kissing" that would be just a millinon dollar picture.

What kud said ... lol ... and I hate paparzzi, bloody scum :@

Turin

HunterR

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 7, 2004
London
Turin said:
lol thanks kud, he dint seem to read my post properly, I want to become a doctor - but in the five-seven year haul to get there, I'd like a constructive hobby that will take me places.

Well I thought I'd get to travel the country a bit, perhaps go back home for a while to get some decent shots. I've always wanted to visit China/Japan to get shots of the really busy streets and amazing lights... but a little closer to England, I would think just have the camera at hand and take a picture of anything that interests you... I supose you'd need a really artistic eye to get those really abstract or definitive pictures that last for ... a second. I'm starting to sound like one of those adverts for cameras. :|

What kud said ... lol ... and I hate paparzzi, bloody scum :@

Turin

Jesus christ if you are looking to take pictures and earn cash u might aswell call it a job.If u aint in it for the cash u might aswell not do it as camera film etc cost cash and ud be getting nowt in return.

Paparazi dont suck. They can earn as much as 10grand for picture also they can get say Jenifer Lopez autograph on a tshirt and sell it on ebay for a nice sum.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
kud125 said:

When did i post in this thread :P?

And lol at jamis, enough said.

ThaOne

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
Hollies house :)
Turin said:
¬_¬ I'm looking for a new hobby - something that will take me far and wide for the fun of it - the solution - photography...

So anyone who likes/does a lot of photography for a hobbi/profession please suggest starting points, help with getting the right camera and equipment and software for PC/Digital editing...

This dude randomly asked me to stop and stand next to a tree in the city centre, and took a photo :| and I had a sort of epiphany... photography looks really interesting...

[Posted in this section because of the digital media aspect]

Turin

ps - Please refrain from commetning on my bad grama/typo today! heater's broken and its fkin cold :@ hands frozen lol

well get summat expensive.. all i can say about the cameras. also get a college course sum of ma mates r doin it. gettin pics for ur portfolio is fun. go to college - get a course - learn - woo get a job? for newspapers (important news!) and hey presto ur in the money!

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
ok im goign to start doin photos n stuff from now. Ive set my camera n lot up all i need now is sum shots :D

ThaOne

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
Hollies house :)
Speckle said:
ok im goign to start doin photos n stuff from now. Ive set my camera n lot up all i need now is sum shots :D

Go around ur school or college and ask peeps if u can take pics of them for ur photography project. they let me.

HunterR

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 7, 2004
London
Speckle said:

Take a picture of a dead rat on the corner of the street, make sure its in black and white that makes it look cool. Also if the rat was run over by a car and hapent recently the spatter will look really authentic.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Geeez lol where did I say I want money for my photography! College = Need to get to know the new area = Need hobby to keep me occupied...

Paparazzi are scum because I wouldn't like my privacy invaded just so some dude can get a sum off it... specially the vulgar way your promoting them...

On topic:

I went to the shop and there's a hundred cameras that do the same thing and their descriptions are flashing weird words at me - I guess half the stuff they boast about don't exist/matter in photography but hey lol

Ty for replies
Turin