Assassin character on Mir

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Do any servers include this?

I first encountered this on USA Mir.

Not sure if it was a USA invention or so.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
It was Korean invented, Wemade. A catch up class at the time which I played when it was introduced and then later on several p servers but never got to lev40+ on it, always got tired of taking mobs one by one where on warrior you'd have had HM and CHM at lev38 and could chop mobs wholesale.

Sin was limited to caves where mobs weren't too dense and gave high exp per mob, I suppose sin also got some area killing skill at higher levels but I never got there.
Currently I love playing sin on mir3D, at least on low level char anyway, didn't have opportunity to play too long to get decent level.

Reactions: Omnibus

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
It was Korean invented, Wemade. A catch up class at the time which I played when it was introduced and then later on several p servers but never got to lev40+ on it, always got tired of taking mobs one by one where on warrior you'd have had HM and CHM at lev38 and could chop mobs wholesale.

Sin was limited to caves where mobs weren't too dense and gave high exp per mob, I suppose sin also got some area killing skill at higher levels but I never got there.
Currently I love playing sin on mir3D, at least on low level char anyway, didn't have opportunity to play too long to get decent level.
Looks like I missed out.

I still prefer the original 3. I'll browse assassin in action in my own time.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
All classes need the same exp points per given level, right? I wonder is that could be separated, set per each class. It would allow servers to tweak classes other than adjust their item stats or skill strength.

I suspect those sin chars who make high levels probably are grp leveled with wiz. Are there higher level sin skills that enable him to hit several mobs at once? I imagine a skill where sin would make pirouette like spins hitting all mobs next to him in all direction.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
On official servers, the Sin was very powerful if it had high ASpeed and good DC.
The ASpeed enables you to attack mob so fast, the mob rarely, if ever hits you back.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, warrior also would not get hit back with enough AS, is good for bosses.

On mir3D sin has its own damage stat called stabbing. This separation is surely a good thing because sin will compete with war only for AS items and fine tuning sin will be easier, won't affect war if you change stabbing stat on items and vice versa with DC stat.

But as for hunting, even if you effectively one hit mobs, it is still a chore clicking on mobs one by one while they clobber you from all sides. Or else you run about from mob to mob, tiring if you ask me.