Asynchronour socket error 10053

Join Discord

Yamma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2003
I have been trying to host a 1.4 server on a router. I have forwarded all the ports that needed forwarding and in the server files have changed the ip's to my external router ip. When I run files, the M2Server it doesnt say Gate 0 Opened, here it is

ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
loading client version information..
Ok.
loading StdItem.DB...
StdItem.DB loaded.
loading MiniMap.txt...
MiniMap information loaded.
loading MapFiles...
Mapfile loaded.
loading Monster.DB...
Monster.DB loaded.
loading Magic.DB...
Magic.DB loaded.
loading MonGen.txt...
MonGen.txt loaded.
loading UnbindList.txt...
UnbindList information loaded.
loading MapQuest.txt...
MapQuest information loaded.
loading QuestDiary\*.txt...
QuestDiary information loaded.
!Abuse.txt loaded..
Notice\LineNotice.txt loaded..
AdminList loaded..
GuildList loaded..
Castle initialized..
IDSoc Initialized..
GrobalEnvir loaded..
MakeStoneMines...
merchant loaded...
Npc loaded..
MakeItem loaded..
StartPoints loaded..
F-Engine resumed..
U-Engine initialized..
¶ÁÈ¡1¸öÐлáÇ鱨.

I tried to log in but I got connection closed. I asked somone else to try and they got connection closed, but when they tried i got a msg from the Loginsrv saying Asynchronour socket error 10053. I've never seen/heard of that before, can someone please help me

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
sounds like a port conflict or something along those lines :S im probs rong tho. Did u use the router setup thats been posted on here?

Upvote 0

Yamma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2003
DevilsKnight said:
sounds like a port conflict or something along those lines :S im probs rong tho. Did u use the router setup thats been posted on here?

I've only checked the Crystals one, but it is abit diff as I've got a NETGEAR Router. I asked someone who has setup a server on NETGEAR Router and everything they said seemed to be fine as I checked it with a few guides.

Upvote 0

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
try installing MS Loopback its not ur best option but might help, search for loop back in the search at the top should give you some more info.

Upvote 0

Yamma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2003
DevilsKnight said:
try installing MS Loopback its not ur best option but might help, search for loop back in the search at the top should give you some more info.

Not exactly sure wht MS Loopback was, but I searched on google and I followed the guide on how to install. It made a new connection called Local Area Connection 3 but it has limited or no connectivity. But tbh I dont think it would of helped

Upvote 0

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
netgear routers are probly the easiest thing to do ever :lol:

whatever you do, never change the reg server from 127.0.0.1

set all the other ip's in your files (except ones saying 0.0.0.0) to your LAN ip address

go into the db server and open serverinfo.txt it wil looklike

192.168.0.3 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 7200 replace xxxx with your INTERNET ip

now go into the login server and open addrtable.txt will look like

Foundation Foundation 192.168.0.3 xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx:7100 where xxx is put INTERNET ip

now go into mir200 and change runaddr to ur net ip address

in your router create 2 new services (there should already b 1 using port 7000 neways) using ports 7100 and 7200 now do into your firewall settings and create the firewall rules and send them to your LAN ip of that machine

there u go :P

Upvote 0

Yamma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2003
Anon said:
netgear routers are probly the easiest thing to do ever :lol:

whatever you do, never change the reg server from 127.0.0.1

set all the other ip's in your files (except ones saying 0.0.0.0) to your LAN ip address

go into the db server and open serverinfo.txt it wil looklike

192.168.0.3 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 7200 replace xxxx with your INTERNET ip

now go into the login server and open addrtable.txt will look like

Foundation Foundation 192.168.0.3 xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx:7100 where xxx is put INTERNET ip

now go into mir200 and change runaddr to ur net ip address

in your router create 2 new services (there should already b 1 using port 7000 neways) using ports 7100 and 7200 now do into your firewall settings and create the firewall rules and send them to your LAN ip of that machine

there u go :P

I've just tried that but still in the M2Server it doesnt say Gate 0 Opened.

Do any of you know what this is, broken user.db? Someone said that, that might be my problem, how do I fix it, also how can I make Gate 0 Opened appear on the M2Server?

Edit:

I've just tried the files offline and still it doesnt say Gate 0 Opened. I was wondering that maybe some of the files were lost. The files were working fine, I put them on disk, formatted them, then put them on my comp and now they arn't working. I'm gonna download untouched server files then put the npc's db's etc from my server onto their and c if it works.

EDIT EDIT:

When I put my server offline Gate 0 Opened comes up, but when I try to put it online it doesn't, I think it is related to the ip, ill try some of the guides again.

EDIT EDIT EDIT :S

I used a server starter and clicked, find my ip and the ip it showed was an ip I had never seen before, I tried that ip adn it worked :S ServerStarter v2 by Neo&Leo FTW!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0