Bar Haloween Decoration

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
Afternoon all,

Right the club i work in has asked me to decorate the bar i supervise for haloween.

to be honest but i have no creativity when it comes to things like this, so thats why im asking for a little help from you :)

If you could please try help by doing some arty stuff in photoshop to make the bar look good so i can get ideas and them impliment them

I have a budget of £30 and need it looking good.

Many thanks in Advance

http://tinypic.com/r/16096k2/5 ( The Bar)

http://tinypic.com/r/2cwo5ti/5 (left hand side of bar)

http://tinypic.com/r/2a5x5ye/5 (centre of the bar)

http://tinypic.com/r/5o9y04/5 (right hand side of the bar)

Last edited:

mapadale

Get yourself down to Wilkinsons and pick up everything you need from their.

To give you an idea of what I did years ago, which is a shame I don't have the pictures anymore.

I hung over the back of the bar, cobwebs I picked these up at Wilkinsons for a couple of quid per pack. You have to stretch it and mould it to how you want it to look, I then added in some glow in the dark spiders. Also got these from Wilkinsons for about £1 a pack.

See with the chandelier in the middle, you could hang spiders on fishing wire. So they look like they are dangaling from them.

From the images their is a lot you can do and you don't have to be creative to do it, just use your imagination and get others involved in the creation of it. What you can do is limitless with a bit of imagination and as I said get others invloved, just go out and buy the bits and then go from their with it.

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
cheers mate, i was thinking about cobwebs and spiders, unfortunatly i cant hand things with fishing wire ( health and safety) and yeah but if i want my staff to work iv got to pay them with my own cash lol, iv got to do it tomorrow day hopefully i can make it look half decent

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
yep pretty much what mapa said, get a load of cheap stuff and take it from there. You've actually got a pretty good wall to work with there, you could quite easily make that look good with loads of stuff hanging on it. Definitely go with the chandelier and you can also hang stuff from under the bar itself at the front to dangle agains the black part.

image below if you don't understand what i mean

http://i.imgur.com/zqtR0.jpg

and that's bull**** your co workers should be helping you out for free.

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
there are cobwebs and spiders in a pound shop for a pound and can get some black cloth with ghosts and stuff on it for £1.50 a metre so was thinking of putting that over the bar, and the wall above the door maybe put a reference from SAW sprayed on it,

and well becuase my staff arnt meant to work its up to the supervisors to do the work seeing as were the ones in it for the comoption not the staff :\

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
depends on how much work your willing to put in as your budget is shocking.

for example the door is the main focal point, so i would paint it like a coffin(cover the door in a material, then paint on top) then inside the glass i would get one the staff to do their face like a corpse/ zombie and take a picture of them and print it to the glass size and stick it on the other side, making it look as though there is someone inside the coffin.

get lots of black/white card and cut out stencils of bats in different sizes, even white card and fold it up then cut to make web shapes. bone/skull shapes would be good too

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
First thing I saw was the big red wall with the black door.

Buy a few sheets of black crate paper (Or Plastic bin bags) Cut strips but leave a margin about 4cm at the top so you have all these dangly black strips. Stick them all to the red wall and that will give it a more spooky look. Cut out the gap for the fire exit so your boss doesn't have a pre-period.

I'd get the fake cobweb shizzle from the pound shop, Stretch it all out and spread it all along the bottom of the bar and stick with tape, Chuck a few spiders on there and the odd squirt of blood and your pretty much done.

Add a few cobwebs to the fridges for extra kudos :P

Last edited:

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
Mask - thats absolutly brilliant idea with the coffin its just brillaint. also prai thats a brillaint idea about the red againt black, i was just going to make it all black but thats cool :)

mapadale

there are cobwebs and spiders in a pound shop for a pound and can get some black cloth with ghosts and stuff on it for £1.50 a metre so was thinking of putting that over the bar, and the wall above the door maybe put a reference from SAW sprayed on it,

and well becuase my staff arnt meant to work its up to the supervisors to do the work seeing as were the ones in it for the comoption not the staff :\
See what you could offer the staff and its a great way to get them to work for free, is offer them a couple of drinks on their night off (I used this all the time when I needed staff to come in during the day), or you could use it as a team building exercise and then that way it doesn't cost you, as you don't have to pay them to train ;-)

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
It will only take one person an hour tops to do it all.

No need for lazy staff ;P

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
team building - perfect :) and yeah but i can be lazy at times so a little help wont harm.

mapa = funny your from sheffield i was just thinking about that city a few hours ago becuase i go there every tuesday to visity the manager in the viper rooms and last time i went i ended up driving down the tram lines to what hppeared to be a platform on a station lol ( yeah off topic but oh well)

mapadale

team building - perfect :) and yeah but i can be lazy at times so a little help wont harm.

mapa = funny your from sheffield i was just thinking about that city a few hours ago becuase i go there every tuesday to visity the manager in the viper rooms and last time i went i ended up driving down the tram lines to what hppeared to be a platform on a station lol ( yeah off topic but oh well)
Done that myself in fog lol...

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Of course we have trams..

24830345.jpg

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I was in Sheffiled last week for a conference at Magna Park..

S.hole :P

mapadale

I was in Sheffiled last week for a conference at Magna Park..

S.hole :P
Sorry to correct you Prai, but Magna is Rotherham and not Sheffield.....

"Magna, Sheffield Road, Templeborough, Rotherham,"

And Rotherham is a bit of a **** hole, I do agree with you on that.

hillarious lol

I didn't even know we had trams in this country. They cheap?

Depends on what you class as cheap, but Manchester & Newcastle have trams also....

In fact Nottingham have them as well.......

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Blackpool has a tram. Just got back from there....

S.hole.