Test System
MSI Neo2 Platinum
A64 3200+ 90nm Winchester s939
2x512 Matched kit PQI Turbo TCCD 2-2-2-10
Sapphire X800 XTPE
All stock
Ran extremely smooth, no slowdowns whatever

Notes:

Everytime you change Graphics settings before loading map the program will 'optimise shaders'. This will take a few minutes and it is only needed once per change.

Game ran really smooth and hearing from other user's reports on lower systems it ran smooth too, sounds like BFV-like performance issues are gone :)

Observations:

Pro:

Sprint: Wow. Thankyou EA, seriously. For all those fans of past BF games, we all know getting to the vehicles first is not greed but survival. Well, not in this game. Unlike previous BF's where if you didn't have a vehicle you would have to walk forvever, this game incorporates a fast acting/recovering sprint that is very very useful.

Smooth as silk: Forget the days of old when lowering your BFV specs because of bots taking up valuable resources or just the general horrible coding of the game. BF2 makes huge strides in producing incredibly smooth gameplay.

Smarter AI: The AI has made some huge improvments concerning this part of the series. When an enemy is close or out of ammo he will then break out the knife and sprint to you! If an enemy has the higher ground and you are advancing he will go prone and/or take cover. Both enemy and friendly AI now take of objectives much better now and will actually defend those which are about to be emminetly attacked. AI tends to stick in groups more often depending on the situation.

Graphics: Huge step above BFV. The water looks amazing the reflection of the sun over it on the 32 player multiplayer map looks incredible. Everything is very detailed and the sharp. WOW.

Con:

This Hummer uses a mini engine: Unfortunetly like past BF games the vehicles still lack much power and maneuverability. The Hummer has a hard time going up a hill that it really shouldn't. Squelch any thoughts of making sharp turns and get ready for wide arcs. While BF is more about putting in a ton of different elements of gameplay and making them work really well together, even if individually they aren't extremely sharp, this one sticks out like a sore thumb.

Taking a water gun to a Iraq: While most of the weapons are pretty descent there are some which need some serious tweaking. The sniper rifle I noticed does not hit it's target for some reason, even when within medium range and prone. The shotgun can be put off as seriously useless, considering your only real chance of survival with it is very upclose and standing still, preferably crouching. The anti-tank rocket sucks, I used it 3 times without seeing smoke from a nearby tank until it blew me up. The pistol unlike the past BF games actually really sucks and forget about using it while strafing.

A little more realistic: Accuracy while firing while strafing concering all weapons has decreased compared the series past games. Your health seems to drop faster too.

Overall I love this game and am going back to it muahahahaha!

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Re: Battlefield 2 :)

screen0368vm.jpg

eyesonly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2003
Roscommon, Ireland
looks cool i've seen most of the vidoe trailers for it, but im 56k so ill have to stick with bots when it comes out :|

P.S think its out 24 - 26 of this month

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
Let me be the first to say this looks sweet.

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
It's ok when I played it I thought it was overwhelmed with bugs. Choppers hit the water and they explode as if they hit the ground. Most servers are really laggy. Good gameplay but you need adleast 2 gig ram to play on the higher specs.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary