Big Problem Please Help

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I am able to log in to my offline server however when I log in I can see nothing, it is all black.

I can't see the map, my character and also spells that I have cast. However I can hear movement when I try to move and also the noises from the spells.

Any suggestions..

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Is this your first running of your server or was it working without problems before ?
It sounds to me like you're missing the tile and human data files.
They are usually found somewhere similar to below.

C:\Program Files\WEMADE Entertainment-1.4\Legend of Mir\Data

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I've sorted that main problem, ty :)

But now I've got some sub-problems which I hope some people will be able to help me with

1. Monsters won't attack me

I have checked my mongen files, mapinfo files and also the actual maps and everthing should be fine. The mobs do attack me once I hit them and they do fall to the ground once they are dead
They also attack my pets, just not me, I tried with a normal character (not a gm) and it is the same

2. Is there a way to put a light source on a map, I tried just putting a lamp there as usually it does it automatically, however it did not work. So I was just wondering if there is a manual way of doin it.

Thats the only problems I got so far, the only major one I need fixing is the mob one :s

Thx for all the help

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Probably daft comment but did you remember to make the light source have a value higher than zero ?

I don't have an answer for mobs not seeing you. My first thought was something to do with cool eye of the mob but if they see your pets then its probably not that.
It sounds like a setting on the char somewhere. Almost like they have a gm/invisible mode as standard.

What was the black screen solution btw ?

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
What was the black screen solution btw ?

Simply one of my files in the Data files was corrupt, so I copied a new one from another file.

Still need a solution to the light problem, I am not too good with maps so I aint got a clue.

When I placed a lamp a little white star thing appeared which I thought represented light but it does not work.
Also I tryed to make an actual map completely light as if it was outside by puttin in the mapinfo.txt 'LIGHT' next to the sentance, e.g

<Map> <Name> 0 LIGHT

Doesn't work :s Wonder if it has anythin to do with the '0'

Upvote 0

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
every map is light unless u put dark @ the end

eg: [GT1 GuildTerritory 0] DAY SAFE (always daylight)

or: [D001 1FofOmaCave 0] DARK (always dark)

or: [0 Bichon-Province 0] (follows clock)

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Ok I have sorted that problem, but one still remains

How do I manually create a light source in a dark map (like a lamp) because I placed a lamp in the map and a white star appeared which I thought represented the light. However when I log in the light source still does not work...

Can anyone who is good with maps shed some light on the situation, lol sorry...

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Heya again, I've sorted all of those problems now however I have found a new problem which I haven't a clue with as I followed a guide in order to do it. Basically I created an NPC to ask to kill an OrcGeneral and obtain its head as proof. I flagged the 107 set with this.

[@trial2]
#say
Your next task of the trial is to prove your courage\
I would like you to go and kill an OrcishGeneral and\
bring me back his head as proof\\
<OK/@ok>\
<Exit/@exit>

[@ok]
#act
SET [107] 1
#say
Goodluck!\
<Exit/@exit>

I then added into my mapquest.txt in the Envir folder:

destland [107] 1 OrcGeneral * ORCGENERAL

Then I created a new txt file called ORCGENERAL into my MapQuest_def folder and then put into this file:

[@main]
#IF
check [107] 1
#ACT
goto @welldone

[@welldone]
#act
give OrcishHead 1
#say
I guess this will be enough proof\
<thanks/@exit>\

When I load my M2Server it comes up with this problem:

26/09/2006 12:37:13 ORCGENERAL Npc Initalize fail...

When I kill a OrcGeneral in the destland map, I do not get given the quest item (OrcishHead)

Any ideas please guys

Note: I have just tested server again as I am back home and the cooleye thing did not work for me :s
The mobs still will not attack me :s
Could it be something to do with I have used the MonGen folder for all of my mongen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
can u tell me how i can go about doing this usin my example in the questdiary and stuff. btw i cant find a txt called intergral in the quest diary folder

Upvote 0

JackBauerCTU

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2006
i need help with my 1.4 server too, i want it offline so obviously i use 127.0.0.1 but my M2 wont work coming up with the windows error -_- iv added items and changed everything in the DB and i really wanna try it out :/ need help immediatly :D

Upvote 0