Blonde question

smoochy boys on tour

F4LL3N_4NG3L

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2006
Liverpool
What the difference betweenn Paintshop pro and Photoshop ? I've never used Paintshop pro so I have no idea what it can or can't do. I've heard Photoshop is the best one but why?
The reason I'm asking this is because my college does not have Photoshop only Paintshop pro 7. Would it be better to work on my coursework at home on my own computer or would Paintshop do the job just as well?

P.S I ain't got time to learn a whole new program so if Paintshop is difficult please state.

xX Dream Xx

Pyraine

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
haha jesus, Paintshop, I didn't even know JASC even existed still. Ah that takes me back some.

But yeah it's awful, I recommend adobe illustrator, photoshop and imageready, you get them three, you won't need much else again.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I use both, i use psp (paintshop pro) at college and i tend to use photoshop at home. I think they are both as gd as each other.

Although i do prefer to use photoshop because i no more on that.

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
Think they're pretty much the same, just different layouts really, many people choose to use paint shop over photoshop and vice versa, just down to personal preference.

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
Yeah our school uses photoshop elements too... sunflower gays.

Tx - paintshop is so unuser friendly

Pyraine

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
I'm sorry but it seems you guys are actually idiots..

Do you think when Adobe and JASC make their products they think 'these programs are designed for little kids to make their forum signatures on'

HELL NO.

There is no way you can say 'they are the same, it's all down to personal preference'

The clue is in the name photoshop and paintshop. Photoshop's purpose is for photograph manipulation. Paintshop is for starting from scratch and designing your own image, so if you are going to compare it to an adobe product, your best bet would be comparing it to Adobe Illustrator and JASC Paintshop really really sits well deep within Adobe Illustrators shadows when it comes to options given to you.

In saying this.. Photoshop alone has around 50x more features that are better for creating your own images from scratch than what Paintshop has. My advice is steer very well clear of JASC products apart from maybe their animation program which is a bit easier to use than Adobe ImageReady.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
My school uses corel draw 8, so **** you. I say use, never gets used, I use paint more :brows:

Lel.

I prefere Adobe to Jasc, but that's my oppinion, I started off on PSP but I found photoshop and it was more fun for me. That's what I do it for.

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
I'm sorry but it seems you guys are actually idiots..

Do you think when Adobe and JASC make their products they think 'these programs are designed for little kids to make their forum signatures on'

HELL NO.

There is no way you can say 'they are the same, it's all down to personal preference'

The clue is in the name photoshop and paintshop. Photoshop's purpose is for photograph manipulation. Paintshop is for starting from scratch and designing your own image, so if you are going to compare it to an adobe product, your best bet would be comparing it to Adobe Illustrator and JASC Paintshop really really sits well deep within Adobe Illustrators shadows when it comes to options given to you.

In saying this.. Photoshop alone has around 50x more features that are better for creating your own images from scratch than what Paintshop has. My advice is steer very well clear of JASC products apart from maybe their animation program which is a bit easier to use than Adobe ImageReady.

What you have given us there is your own (rather one sided) opinion.. both programs have their good points and it is peoples personal preference which they prefer to use.

Just because it's called Photoshop doesn't mean it can't make images from scratch, and just because a progam is called paint shop doesn't mean it can't be used for photo manipulation.. I won't resort to name calling but I hope people can see where I'm coming from.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
What you have given us there is your own (rather one sided) opinion.. both programs have their good points and it is peoples personal preference which they prefer to use.

Just because it's called Photoshop doesn't mean it can't make images from scratch, and just because a progam is called paint shop doesn't mean it can't be used for photo manipulation.. I won't resort to name calling but I hope people can see where I'm coming from.

He didnt say you cant make images in photoshop, and cant manipulate photo's in paintshop. However its pretty ****ing obvious that each one leans towards it different area. ie, photoshop leans more towards photomanipulation that it does making images from scratch. The fact that paintshop is **** program means it loses to photoshop at both.

Paintshop is inferior, its a simple fact. If you really want to draw the "preferene" arguement into it, the most people prefer Photoshop over Paintshop. Just like I prefer guildwars to WoW, but that doesnt stop WoW being the number 1 MMORPG and fastest selling game of all time.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
The main difference is paintshop is bog-standard image editing software and photoshop is highly multi functional software which can be integrated with a variety of high quality products for full image rendering/creation/manipulation.

It really doesn't come down to personal preference; it comes down to common sense. Photoshop is the most used design tool in the world, it has solid direction, 10x more functions than you know how to use, substantial compatibility with web editing software, animation software and 3d rendering software, it's part of a highly established organisation who are starting partnership work with Macromedia (the other biggest design software company on the face of the earth) to reach beyond its current limitations.

The user contributions alone in form of templates, brushes, shapes, tutorials and renders make it crazy to look in any other direction.

It's a no-brainer.

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
Guess you're right really, can't argue they're the same when I've just looked at the prices, Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI, as it's now called, is about £60 where as Photoshop CS 2 v9 is about £360. Kind of like comparing a boy racers souped up Saxo to a Ferrari, though I still think the idiot comment aimed at me was a bit harsh.

F4LL3N_4NG3L

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2006
Liverpool
Stop using being blonde as an excuse ...

Who's using being blonde as an excuse? As I ain't blonde so I can't use that excuse. I simply used the term "blonde" as an expression of the question being dumb. *Enter the phrase "dumb blonde"*

xX Dream Xx

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
ipixel where have you been all my life??

ps hahaha @ my post before ipixels and then him turning up :P :P :P
lots of love xxx

Pyraine

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
hey he's already asked for my peen in his arse.

you gotta take the mouth, unless you wanna double penetrate his arse.. i'm sure he's loose enough.

fireboi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2005
scotland,dumfries
i use paint shop pro at school, and tbh i find it a good program all you need to do is sit playing around with it for a few hours and you will get the hang of it, ive made a few things for myself using it and im PROUd