BlueNova 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Glad to see quite a few will be up for it ^^

Tonight as I say I have finalised the starter caves(Inc drops exp mob/pet strength), added a quickstart, done all exp up to 31.

Tommorow: Kit/Spell issuer
Reduce spell levels (Editing directly to SQL so cant blanket edit, -.-)
Finish working up proper quests
Start work on a couple of 24+ maps.

The hard bits done now. I have done a bit of everything, so it'll be faster now I know what I'm doing.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
This morning:

Gear NPC done
BC done (Same maps, different order) mob stats/spawns done just need testing and dropfiles (I may leave dropfiles for the last thing i do tbh)
Skillpoints done.
Shops fixed.

Will crack on with a new cave later on.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
BC tested (Lv 24-33)
Insect Cave in and tested briefly (Lv 28-35)
Trying to make it so that you can move on to a new cave every few levels or you can wait and stay is the old cave till the exp decreases. Obv its not really going to benefit you doing it, if nothing else it will be a change of scenery, or you can group to go to the upper tier cave of that bracket.

I am going to limit the entries into sections, 24+, 33+, 40+, 45+. Each of these will have at least 3 diff caves (Although there will be bosses in the KRs that you wont be able to solo at the reccomended level, unless you group or come back in 10 levels ;) ), except the 24+ where there are 2 as you wont spend much time there anyway, and will have no upward limit for boss hunters. However to pre-empt the carebears f1 and 2 of the lowbie caves will be safezones.

Excuse the mistyped gm commands, I can never remember them, takes me 2 or 3 tries lol.

Edit: Done ST spawns and mobs.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
you say uve done ST... BC.. etc etc

but these are standard euro caves, you should already have drop files, spawns, mobs, etc etc...?

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
I deleted the mongen, item table, and I tweak each and every mob im putting into the mongen. Add to that, I'm using the maps but I'm cutting cavesize down and only using the maps I like - which means editing and in some cases adding maps/mapmoves to the db. The only items I am keeping from the defauls are pots lol, so would be pointless having any of the euro stuff in drops, as they aint in the DB. When I say everything s being built from scratch I mean EVERYTHING (Disclaimer, bar shops, lol)

Give me credit Ben, I'm not the type to do things half assed. Alot of work has gone into this already and im suprised I'm still going, but hey, I enjoy it.

Reactions: Koriban

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
can understand u want to re-do it urself, but there is much point if ur gonna be using euro style... just use euro stats, they are best ull get

quicker u do that stuff quicker u can work on higher level stuff past the euro stuff as im assumin ur doin a "euro + updates" kind of server

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Thats why ive not dwelled on the lower levels, I want it to be a euro ish server ie you do your lvling, then boss/pvp as much as you like, but have the option to geek it further. Theres more appeal to getting to level 50+ though than just 'Oh im 42 like euro, I've done this before'

Plus if I want to expand or add higher items I just need to raise the soft cap (IE lower exp tables from 50) and I can add new caves to match.

I've not tweaked mobs *that* much up to 33 as tbh the gear youll get doesnt give that many stats over euro, as you can start at 24 and get to 33 in like 2 hours, the stats go up from here though and I will need to adjust mob strength accordingly.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Try to make lvling consistant instant of getting X lvl then "hit a wall" more or less cause exp needed will be 10x previous lvl.

If you dont want ppl getting lvl80 or wotever just cap it at lvl50-55 or wotever

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
The way itll work is like euro.. I found when I got to like 45 even though exp for next level was high i did so much boss hunting that I was lvling but not even meaning to.

Exp goes up by a set amount each bracket, like for example 24-33 goes up in like 300s 34+ will go up in 5000s, 40+ 10000s etc. 50+ will take some doing, wont take like a week per level but it wont be easy either, you can either go grind away in a cave or level by bosshunting, albeit a bit more slowly but finding gear along the way.

And tbh you need the gear to level.. shop gear ie gear that drops off mobs is defensive based, so as you level you can go to harder places and survive, just not kill as fast, which is where you need the rare gear.

Btw weapons will be rare, I will allot 40 weps to drop quite often but I already have a quest planned out where you can make a sword. That way if your drops suck you can do this quest for a decent (But not best) wep and make a start on your gear there. I will do my best to put a story to it although ill admit I dont really pay much attention thesedays when I see quest stories, I just accept the quest and go kill xx (Damn WoW power levelling mentality)

No updates tonight other than I have straightened up a quest script with the aid of Weikster and co, so I can start adding kill quests alongside your levelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shabalabalong

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Imo it would be better making the exp needed per lvl go up in %s instead of set ammounts.Obv that doesnt apply for the first lvls where u kill 3hens to lvl up.

A good idea would be to use ur way till lvl 40-45 then just make it so it needs 10-20% more exp.Less inconsistencies(spelling) will occur that way.

/Mitsos

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Yeah, ill probably do that. Only done exp to 33 atm, will whip old the old calculator and work it in percentages.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Small update. ViperIsle in, although spawns not tweaked to 100% how I want them, damn mobs wont spread -.-

PSC also in with 3 handpicked maps, including 2x sub bosses.

Have also scripted out my sword quest but have not made it live or tested yet.

To do still:
Drops
Boss stats
40+ caves (PB and PT)
BDD (45+ boss cave)

So, we're getting there. There are a couple other servers coming up but I dont want to rush mine, although I am making good progress.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Is anyone actually bothered when this server will come up or is it just bad timing with like 3 other servers being launched? lol.

Edited first post with progress. I will still continue work on this but may release it a few weeks after the other servers. Alas, I am just 1 man and I cant do all this stuff myself overnight.

All maps and mobs should be finalised by tommorow, then its drops, then its quests (And there will be alot of them, not just 'Go kill xx mob') and I might even bring it online for a while to test.

If you have vindico I am using their client, purely because it has the most compiled item DB.

Reactions: Shank

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Most servers that go up, people will get bored of so release this when no others are good enough ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.