Buying Files...

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
I am willing to "crowdfund", "pay the bribe" , "whatever", my £2000 tax rebate for the ACEM2 files in whatever it is their current state is, to be made publicly available to all.

I'll pay for EVERYONE to have them.

If anyone else wants to chip in and end this madness, I think about £5000 is an amount nobody could turn down...

I just wanna play some mir, what the f**k do people do with their time off work when the missus is away?

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
david i can understand where your coming from but 90% of the community dont want the mir community split up , no1 likes a server with a userbase of 10.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
david i can understand where your coming from but 90% of the community dont want the mir community split up , no1 likes a server with a userbase of 10.
90% of the community are Mir Players not server creator's WHETHER the files are released or not SHOULD not upto people like you. Its down to the people who create them.

Stop using the same old excuse its getting old.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
This was a bad idea. Yesterday I played C Mir

C Mir is already better. I think its better for everyone to concentrate their energy into projects that are in the best interest of the community. If enough momentum and interest is gained C Mir will walk all over ACEM2 making it redundant anyway. And if mir has any future it lies with an open source project. The DM2 Fiasco should have taught everyone a valuable lesson, lack of growth is the same as death.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I was thinking about releasing my files as i dont rly do ne thing with mir any more, but someone else took over my server and is still using them so kinda unfair to do that, maybe one day tho.

I agree that the C project looks good tho. I've been out of the action too long so im not sure what the current crack with AceM2 is, i thought they were just testing them and releasing... I guess the money has made them think otherwise

FTM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2013
played cmir files after playing acem2 no comparrison acem2 are by far better so not sure what your talking about m8 unless you are actually saying released files are better than those not released ?

Last edited:

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
I've played a lot of servers and tried a lot of unique file types and tbh acem2 just about hit the nail on the head ! It had all the advances mir has made in the last decade or so but managed to keep the euro feel which if were honest i think 99% are still looking for in a server. I myself was considering putting a server together after gming a few but if I do then I will be waiting for the ace m2 files to be released. i seem to remember reading they. plan on releasing them on here once they launch v2 of their own server

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Instead of paying £5000 for a public release which will not resolve the problem mir currently has which is low population, instead why not fund the creator/server to thrive!!!

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
90% of the community are Mir Players not server creator's WHETHER the files are released or not SHOULD not upto people like you. Its down to the people who create them.

Stop using the same old excuse its getting old.

most of the developers , develop files for just like people like me.....to let the community enjoy there files.

what good will come from releasing the files? yea we might get a few good servers ( with a low usercount , which no1 will play because not enough players) we will get like 50 5min server jobs ( which happens everytime) then everyone gets sick of all the crap servers - leaves lomcn till the next lot of files are out.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
The AceM2 project is a non for profit project, we will not and have never accepted cash for any part of the project; unfortunately you will just have to wait until the people developing the files (in their spare time) are ready to release.

With regards to C# Mir, what Jamie has done is outstanding, however, it can not really be compared to any other set of files currently available as it is a couple of years behind in development (in terms of functionality available), but, when C# Mir gets to the same state as the other files I am sure it will be a much cleaner easier to use set of files... But the other files will then most likely have additional features.

At Shady, nice sig dude ;)

Sam

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
Playability and smoothness pisses all over the functions and graphics updates of AM2 though, i want a game i enjoy not 1 step ****. Like mir graphics as they are tbh. Reminds me of my childhood lol

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
His run so smooth and feel like there lag free. Best feel to mir in years. These files will be the best around. They don't need all the Chinese **** in them.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
most of the developers , develop files for just like people like me.....to let the community enjoy there files.

what good will come from releasing the files? yea we might get a few good servers ( with a low usercount , which no1 will play because not enough players) we will get like 50 5min server jobs ( which happens everytime) then everyone gets sick of all the crap servers - leaves lomcn till the next lot of files are out.
I do agree I would hate to see alot of 5minuet servers coming online
If the current server owners was so concerned about loosing people other servers that just shows they are more concerned about loosing potential donations then trying to make a good which keeps bringing people back

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Playability and smoothness pisses all over the functions and graphics updates of AM2 though, i want a game i enjoy not 1 step ****. Like mir graphics as they are tbh. Reminds me of my childhood lol

I am curious to the measurement of "Playability" and "Smoothness", bare in mind I haven't tried the C# files...

I struggle to see how a 6 frame, isometric game can become considerable "smoother"... Its designed to be lumpy? :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nTTDZSz4s

Sam

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Jamies files are smooth... very smooth infact. it actually makes any other files seem a bit crap after you've spent a while on them.

But, how anyone can say they are "miles better" than AceM2 is beyond me... they are quite a way off - Simply because there's nothing to them... At the moment.

if Jamie can keep the project going, get a finished set of files then we may see a decent server from some very nice files. But that won't be for a while yet imo, it's a massive job for him to get every normal spell, mobs ect in game and fully working.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Jamies files are smooth... very smooth infact. it actually makes any other files seem a bit crap after you've spent a while on them.

But, how anyone can say they are "miles better" than AceM2 is beyond me... they are quite a way off - Simply because there's nothing to them... At the moment.

if Jamie can keep the project going, get a finished set of files then we may see a decent server from some very nice files. But that won't be for a while yet imo, it's a massive job for him to get every normal spell, mobs ect in game and fully working.

I do agree the c# files has great potential but whay I've seen on c-mir was basically short (5mins) before my eyes got fked and had to log. But the main cause to this is the resolution it looks smaller than 800/600

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
This was a bad idea. Yesterday I played C Mir

C Mir is already better. I think its better for everyone to concentrate their energy into projects that are in the best interest of the community. If enough momentum and interest is gained C Mir will walk all over ACEM2 making it redundant anyway. And if mir has any future it lies with an open source project. The DM2 Fiasco should have taught everyone a valuable lesson, lack of growth is the same as death.

Despite all your self righteous BS, you're the same as everybody else. Dropping projects like a hot brick 'cos you found something new and "promising". **** so old.. Not that you'd have ever followed through with this but you seriously ought to reevaluate your life if you think this was a good £2k investment.

See you on the next bandwagon ya. Thread closed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom27
Status
Not open for further replies.