Call of duty - Modern Warfare 3

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
some of you have probably seen this by now, but for those who haven't.

[video=youtube;coiTJbr9m04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04&feature=feedu[/video]

my honest opinion is, graphically it doesn't look like it has anything on bf3 (probably because its built on the same engine as the other cod games), i guess it will all come down to game play and usually cod are better at this, also it has locations which people are familiar with, which is another point in its favour.

really hope the bf3 gameplay and MP is awesome to make activision think twice about turning out the same old and expecting us to lap it up.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
August? fkin'ell black ops will be dead in the water

I hadn't seen that vid yet though

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Sick of the Call of Duty franchise, they should just kill it off and maybe reboot it in 5 years or so.

Roll on BF3.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Sick of the Call of Duty franchise, they should just kill it off and maybe reboot it in 5 years or so.

Roll on BF3.

Didn't you order 2 copies of black ops and some gay posters?

BF = crap btw.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
BF2 is great. It has a more advanced gameplay than COD and I believe COD is now at its end because its basically a polished turd as of this moment, although I do enjoy the campaigns.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
cant wait for bf3 , i seriously hope its not a let down.

edit : is it me or does the fps look really crap on that video lol?

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
This year they said its going to be all special and new, until they actually fully update their engine it'll be the same old ****.

I've pre-ordered both though, the last few months of this year is seriously going to be bank-breaking with all the great games upcoming.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
id say activision are crapping their pants after see'ing the bf3 engine in action, i also hate their attitude towards their community, they throw game/dlc packs out so fast but its basically just the same game modified slightly (some people want this, im not one of them, Dlc's should be free).

id expect their next game (after mw3) to be something special to get back into the game, i cant see them taking it lying down from EA, after all COD is their biggest franchise, and they have a money hungry piss ant of a fellow running the company.

no doubt i will buy both bf3 and mw3 though.. for pc ofc. :P

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Wow... This has come out pretty fast hasn't it?

I'm a BF player anyway... Don't play much but I tried CoD MW2 and couldn't get into it after playing BFBC2... Just didn't feel or look as good for me.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
i lent bfbc2 of a m8 played it online as i dnt play fps ofline think there boring. anyway went online had my sniper on some1's head n shot 5 times he didnt die he then turnd around n shot me in 1 dead lol.

ill get mw3 and bf3 as i enjoy online shooters ( when i dnt get stressed) lol

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Didn't you order 2 copies of black ops and some gay posters?

BF = crap btw.

Yep, I get games if they interest me (one copy was for my Dad, and the poster was free from my local Gamestation).

But they've took the franchise too far now. They should have had CoD4 as a one off.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
to me that game looks like it has awesome graphics, not sure how anyone could expect anything more?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i agree those graphics are amazing, but cods is still up there with realism.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
i lent bfbc2 of a m8 played it online as i dnt play fps ofline think there boring. anyway went online had my sniper on some1's head n shot 5 times he didnt die he then turnd around n shot me in 1 dead lol.

ill get mw3 and bf3 as i enjoy online shooters ( when i dnt get stressed) lol
Depending how far away you are, you need to guage exactly where to aim... As gravity pulls bullets down as they travel. So if the enemy is quite far away, you obv need to aim higher to get a real "head shot". otherwise the bullet drops and hits them around the body area.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
to me that game looks like it has awesome graphics, not sure how anyone could expect anything more?

Its just the same old engine and the graphics are not on par with other games that are/will be available.

If they built a new game engine from scratch and stopped just modifying the original one I'd be well impressed. They're not exactly short of cash, even more so now that most people will be subscribing to MW3.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeah, talk about a cash cow!
Bobby Kotick - Activision ceo.

the guys a tool.
medium_sidewaysbobbyexcited.jpg