Call of duty - Modern Warfare 3

Join Discord

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Ever since MW they have been using the same engine, not upgraded or improved a little bit its the same ****ing engine! FACT! So lets see that would be MW, CoD WaW, MW2, CoD BlOps and MW3 all running on the same engine. FACT!
Actually, Call of Duty has always used the same 12 year old engine, they've just "modified" it.
JealY, I have played and finished all of the Assassin creed games and I can see where people are coming from. AC 2 and BrotherHood were pretty much the same game and imo should have been the same game, hell even the games devs. said it should have been the same game but Activison wanted 2 games outta it all. I enjoyed all the AC games but none more than the first one then it got stale doing what is essentially the same mission over and over just dressed up a little differently and once the game was complete to 100% I never wanted to touch it again. And normally I can enjoy the story of a game 2-3 times before it grates my nipples with a rusty fence.
My point was that Ubisoft have brought something new to the table with each release, be it BAM, the entrepreneur aspects or even multiplayer.

Activision are going to make these games till they kill the studios that produce them. Tony Hawks - Studio killed, Guitar Hero - Studio killed. Theres alot more out there but I can't be arsed listing them all. If you are an employee of Activision then start hunting for a new job sooner rather than later.
I wouldn't go that far, considering Activision own Blizzard and WoW is still the biggest MMO to date, not to mention they have multiple other franchises under their belt. You're kinda misinformed.

why change a winning recipe ? You just suck obv
Yeah, that's clearly the issue.

Oh, and
That reminds me... I was running round the Dome map and suddenly realised there's a part of it which is exactly the same as the Crisis map form Black ops lol. Hard to explain but it's the stairs area which leads to the underground room in one of the corners. Cheap as ****!
[video=youtube;b5dsOn06w1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s[/video]

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Actually, Call of Duty has always used the same 12 year old engine, they've just "modified" it.

So with me saying they were all on the same engine is correct and your pointing out they are still using something over a decade old. That means, if my math is correct this "Engine" would have been originally built near the end of the PlayStations life. Even with "modifications" this is still lazy.

My point was that Ubisoft have brought something new to the table with each release, be it BAM, the entrepreneur aspects or even multiplayer.

I dunno, what they did they did quite half heartedly. Just seemed like the "buying shops and repairing aquaducts" was an afterthought to lengthen the game. And don't get me started on your Assassin buddys. Was as if I never had to fight or kill anyone anymore. The first game (with Altair) was more combat orientated and I loved it for that. Nothing beat the last mission, you vs what can only be described as an army and you are armed only with a dagger, sword, your trusty hidden blade and whatever weapon you happen to pick up. Was a proper slog. Now you hit R2 and 5 assassins come outta hiding and cleave you a neat little path to your objective. *Yawn* Don't get me wrong, the first 20 times I called them in it was amazing.

I wouldn't go that far, considering Activision own Blizzard and WoW is still the biggest MMO to date, not to mention they have multiple other franchises under their belt. You're kinda misinformed.

I was arguing more the "They milk the **** outta the cashcows too fast" by releasing game after game each year. Guitar Hero saw 3 games released in one year...

As for Blizzard, am sure they have some very smart CEO's at that company and I can see them having complete rights on games release dates and intervals of updates etc. Also an MMO like this is completely different from a console game as in subscription fees after the one off buying the game payment so releasing **** tons of content would benefit the fan-base and the overall longevity of the game.

To be honest, I just dislike this company and how it goes about its business. I have not spent money on one of thier products in quite awhile.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Right, and CoD Elite isn't a subscription? ;)

I'm not defending the crap game I'm just saying it's even older than you thought.

You can't argue they didn't change AC for the better... even for the newer ones they're making it more stealth orientated, instead of having most of your attacks come from counter attacks (waiting for the AI to attack) you get the more damage from attacking.

Anyway, I grow tired of this conversation.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
W@W and Black ops are NOT the same engine as MW lol. It also does it upgraded every year but you got to remember it's running at 60fps and using like 8 year old hardware. Yea you could get graphics like BF3 but then you wouldn't be able to get the 60fps, and lets face it, call of duty needs high frames for the gameplay to be smooth.

CoD elite is free for most of it.

I enjoyed your argument on how assassin creed has changes to make the game more stealth orientated, congratz to them, only took them what 5 games to make a game which is called ASSASSIN into a better stealth game.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
W@W and Black ops are NOT the same engine as MW lol. It also does it upgraded every year but you got to remember it's running at 60fps and using like 8 year old hardware. Yea you could get graphics like BF3 but then you wouldn't be able to get the 60fps, and lets face it, call of duty needs high frames for the gameplay to be smooth.

CoD elite is free for most of it.

I enjoyed your argument on how assassin creed has changes to make the game more stealth orientated, congratz to them, only took them what 5 games to make a game which is called ASSASSIN into a better stealth game.

Genuinly comparing AC & MW is a bad start to begin with, they're both different types. (It didn't take 5 games to turn it into stealth based either, i'm guessing you haven't played the series by the sounds of your comments?)

However I must admit after watching JealY's video I laughed, I loved pipeline and to see the main building from it copied straight over does show that IW is struggling (or rather the remainder of IW are struggling) comparing WaW and BO's etc though is kind of a mute point really as it was Treyarch that pumped out those 2 not IW (If you're confused by what I mean check that the companies change every year so basically each game is worked on for 2 years) If this is the best they can pull for a 2 year development project then it's poor. IMO Call Of Duty 4 was the massive hit for me, MW2 was terribly balanced on line due to campers and the nuke strike. (Still one of the stupidest ideas to this day but hey cater to the children) and now it seems CoD MW3 has made the same mistake. Unfortunate but it's the way money milkers go.

/Czeldabolg

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Infinity Ward are in my eyes no longer IW. Whats left is barely a hollowed out shell of what I can only imagine was a pretty sweet nut. As for TreyArch, I never liked the games they made. I never actually played W@W. Seen it loads just never wanted to experience it lol.

But yeah having two years at each of these games and what they produce is quite sub-par is a joke. These games can and should have been awesome. The storyline in all of them is rather forgetable and highly predictable. May aswell be a rail shooter on some levels.

Am not sure how AC ended up here but meh. :P

All you CoD players should come play BF3! We can always do with some more fodder.

P.S
Hand an argument with a mate about the knife in BF3 compared to the CoD knife. Basically if you don't get the enemy with the knife from behind (stealth kill hahaha take that AC!) then it takes 4 swings with the knife to wound the guy to death. If you think about it, that makes more sense as if you can see a man with a knife infront of you and he slashes or lunges at you, your respose is to throw your arms in the way. Not done the leg work here but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that not many people would die instantly from a knife slashing.

I open this argument to you insert name here which is better? CoD's 1 hit anywhere knife or BF3s sneaky sneaky assassinations knife.

Ha, even in MW2 you (the main char in campaign) get stabbed in the freakin' chest and fall down, pull out the knife and proceed to lob it with great accuracy and get the bad guy in the eye with it. I feel I may be rambling now, so ama go try sleep now. :)