smoochy boys on tour

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Three hundred and sixty times....

Thoughts & feelings everyone?

I also like the 2005 date, said to be november.

-_+

:doggy!:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Quite honestly not impressed atm

The games aint that impressive looking and nothing they have announce/shown has wow'ed me

Maybe the MistWalker rpgs might but I doubt it

Roll on PS3 and Reveloution

Btw there MTV Launch Show seriously sucked

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
MiloFoxburr said:

The games aint that impressive looking and nothing they have announce/shown has wow'ed me

I didn't watch the show (was at work) and the games listed on the the link aren't anything speical but i know there will be bigger and better things coming :P.

And didn't even know Reveloution was being made untill last week, thought Nintendo gave up after the GC failure tbh, im waiting to see if Sony can produce anything decent this time around but if they still provide no good games with their console then I'm sticking with the xbox (will have xbox 360 on pre-order) however i will probably end up getting all 3, because i can.

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Love said:
I didn't watch the show (was at work) and the games listed on the the link aren't anything speical but i know there will be bigger and better things coming :P.

Didn't even know Reveloution was being made untill last week, though Nintendo gave up after the GC failure tbh, im waiting to see if Sony can produce anything decent this time around but if they still provide no good games with their console then I'm sticking with the xbox (however will probably end up getting all 3, because i can.

Im honestly not too hyped up about the new consoles this generation

X-Box seems to of gone the appeal to the casual gamer root(which is a good and bad thing :/) In the hope of gaining a bigger market share However it could easily go the way of the dreamcast and lose completly

PS3 sounds extremly impressive on paper the cell chip sounds amazing But we all know what Sony's Hype Department are like and Ill wait till I see some games before I start beleiving

Nintendo's new console Im having doubts about it, Nintendo have gone down the path of innovation with the DS and they wanna do the same with there Home Console which I think is a bad thing Rumours flying around about touch screen controlers Motion Control etc etc If Nintendo wanna scare gamers away there going about it the right way

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
New controller looks good + they have gotten rid of the two mem slots (or whatever they were for) that were on the old controllers so that should make them a bit smaller (even the smaller S-Controllers and mini ones still had both slots ^_^).

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Microsoft > Sony.

Xbox > PS2.

Xbox 2 (360) > All.

Sony can suck my balls, I hate their lame ass customer support for everquest, and PS2 is just retarded. I'm playing Xbox right now by the way. =P

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
I now forgive you for all your sins Bio.

EDIT: A closer look at the console and a controller.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
is it me or have they got rid of the HD?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
oh ok. must have missed that, whys the need for memory slots then? just for portable savegames?
:doggy!: :whips:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
MiloFoxburr said:

Your kidding me... your not impressed with how they look!? They look better than PC games.... and considering every game is HD... DAMN. With all games supporting 720p... oh my start saving for HDTV.

Also the specs beat the **** out of any PC today, and that r500 VC oh my soo sweet.

Like said Cell is amazing, but it's still based on the same principle as the POWER architecture in the Xbox 360, 3-6 threads executed at the same time.

Also, Cell is just something you can throw in, the reason it performs so well is because the rest of the hardware is desgined directly for it.

You know what you won't see? Many multi platform games on the PS3, games programmed for it are coded drastically different.

Also, the Cell processor hype will be destroyed in 1 year 2 year tops, as normal dual/quadcore cpu's will be much more advanced, simply because they have a much larger market.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
urbanfox said:
Your kidding me... your not impressed with how they look!? They look better than PC games.... and considering every game is HD... DAMN. With all games supporting 720p... oh my start saving for HDTV.

Also the specs beat the **** out of any PC today, and that r500 VC oh my soo sweet.

Yeah Im saying they dont look impressive, Sure they look pritty and shiny but guess what its not that much better than this gen
And every game being HD.. err wow, not Considering Europe wont even have HDTV's for a couple of years (at a respectible price) it does affect me in the least
Specs mean nothing Urban If specs where the most important thing the XBox would be the winner of this Gen

The XBOX's big thing this generation was its Graphics and XBox Live coupled with a few big games, Its now gonna lose out when it comes to Graphics (although I admit the difference wont be much it will still be there) and all 3 next gen consoles are going online, Infact they will prob be both completly free unlike the Xbox360 where it appears you gotta pay to play people online

urbanfox said:
You know what you won't see? Many multi platform games on the PS3, games programmed for it are coded drastically different.

Your mis-informed there thats for sure, The PSP was so easy to develop for that developers demanded the PS3 use the same system so if anything games will come out for the ps3 first because of it is so easy to program for. And even then..., The PS2 was the hardest console to code for Yet um it has the most games, Just because a system is drastically different coding wise to another doesnt mean anything when it comes to developers