car insurance stict with their terms?

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i'm with andrew yule car insurance, who offer 6 months free insurance for first time insurance.

Their policy states lots of things, but the only thing i'm worried about (only just read it after 12 months) is their milage policy

They say i must not have a milage of more than 12000 in the total 18 months.

Now i've just hit 12000 miles in my first 12 months, and with 6 months left i'll be over by about 6000.

How strict do you think they'll be on terms like this? Has and will my milage be logged before and after my insurance starts/ends?

See below for the terms,

http://www.andrewyuleinsurance.co.uk/index.php/car_insurance/ezee_termsconditions/

mapadale

It's mentioned for a reason, so you will more than likely find very strict. If it's part of their terms and conditions, which it will be on the cover documentation. Check your documents and if it has the same statement in the documents, then you need to be speaking with your insurance company about it.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i dont think so, but they might have been able to check it automatically, since they're logged online when you have your MOT each year.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I wouldnt worry if your a good driver, Unless your making a claim this wouldnt really matter, plus you could just say your parents borrowed your car for 2 months for a road trip as thier car broke down (asuming you have fully comp) theres plenty of little ways to get round it. But yeh you could speak to them about it they would probly put your insurance up more though.

mapadale

I wouldnt worry if your a good driver, Unless your making a claim this wouldnt really matter, plus you could just say your parents borrowed your car for 2 months for a road trip as thier car broke down (asuming you have fully comp) theres plenty of little ways to get round it. But yeh you could speak to them about it they would probly put your insurance up more though.
You can't get away with it at all, if you have an accident during your insurance period and over the amount of miles you have said you do, the insurance company can actually cancel your policy for falseifying the documents. Thats why they ask you on average how many miles do you do a year, if your policy is mile stated as Farphit's is, then their could be charges that need to be applied to the account for any extra mile gained.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
nah its no extra charge. i paid normal for the first 12 months (£700) and because its my first car i can get another 6 months free, providing my milage isn't above what they said. if it is i'll just have to pay as normal for the next year.

haven't rang em yet, but will do it some time this week. could really do with an extra £60 per month, so fingers crossed.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
No such thing as a accident when it comes to on the road.. its either driver error or mechanical fault

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
id werry tbh because insurance companies dont like paying out lol , id class your insurance as void as iam sure they will.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
rang em today and they didn't even mention the milage, just said they have already put me on the 6 months free and are waiting for the forms to come through. now hoping they don't check my milage at the end of the 6 months and ask me to pay the £360 back :/

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
i think your missing something...it dont matter if they send you another 6months out , your breaking there terms & co.

iam pretty sure your insurance is void if you crash or w.e.

en

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Ty 3mins of my life wasted lol

and what would you have been doing in those 3 minutes if you hadn't read this thread? masturbating perhaps?

@Shady, i don't think it could work that way.

The terms are i can only be given 6 months free if my car milage is under 12k, if this was the case they should simply have not allowed me to have the extra free 6 months. I don't think they could make any claim i made void.

I get what your saying, if my policy was i can only be insured with them if i keep my milage under 12k. But the terms are i can only get it free if im under 12k.

At worst i think they could ask me to pay the full 6 months back (obviously thats not good)