Changing chars level via NPC Command

Join Discord

Spyro18

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 1, 2004
Watford, England
Whats the NPC command to change a chars level. I am needing it for a Rebirth Script. I have looked about but most Rebirths dont change peoples level, or the ones i have found dont explain what it is i have to do that well...

Spyro18

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 1, 2004
Watford, England
RENEWLEVEL 1 70 100

Is this the code, and if so what do the 1 and the 100 mean. I understand that 70 means the level they will be going to...

Edit: Sorry for double post

Upvote 0

shinsu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 11, 2003
just an educated guess but i would say 1 would be for the player, and 100 the required level to rebirth?

Upvote 0

Spyro18

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 1, 2004
Watford, England
But if the player is clicking it why would you need to specify that it is for that player, that assumes that you can rebirth another player by clicking it.
But i have done the command to check the persons level beforehand, if the 100 is the level required then i can just get rid of the previous check level one...

Upvote 0

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
Whats the NPC command to change a chars level. I am needing it for a Rebirth Script. I have looked about but most Rebirths dont change peoples level, or the ones i have found dont explain what it is i have to do that well...

#IF
CHECKLEVEL 100
CHECK [5] 0
#ACT
SET [5] 1
CHANGENAMECOLOR 146
GIVE Rebirthpara 1
RENEWLEVEL 1 70 500
RENEWLEVEL 1
SETRANKLEVELNAME %s\Stage_One_Rebirth
SENDMSG 0 "<%s> Has just been rebirthed to level 70 (Stage 1 Complete)"

This is a direct copy of what i use in my rebirth
The red is simply what you need.
RENEWLEVEL 1 is the reincarnated script.This can go as high as you want.
You can set up items to actually be depended on the stage of the renewlevel.

70 is the level you will be rebirthed to and 500 is the amount of ability points you will be given

If you do not put the 500 or another value in then it will not work
So for no ability points you must put
RENEWLEVEL 1 70 0
puting this will work.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Spyro18

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 1, 2004
Watford, England
Thank you that is exactly what i needed to know. This stage of renewlevel, is that something that is put on the DB of the item to tell it that it can only be worn at say stage two... if so which field is this?

Upvote 0

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
Thank you that is exactly what i needed to know. This stage of renewlevel, is that something that is put on the DB of the item to tell it that it can only be worn at say stage two... if so which field is this?

in your STD_ITEMS go to FLD_NEED and put 4
4 will make the player have to be rebirthed (renewlevel)

Then in FLD_NEEDLEVEL put what ever stage rebirth(renewlevel you want

So if you made a rebirthring for stage 5 rebirth you will put 4 in FLD_NEED (for rebirth) and 5 in FLD_NEEDLEVEL.
this will then only be able to be worn by players who have been rebirth stage 5
or RENEWLEVEL 5

Upvote 0

Spyro18

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 1, 2004
Watford, England
Thanks again... which raises another question i was thinking late night...
If 4 is for Rebirth, am i to assume that 1,2 and 3 would refer to an amount of DC, MC and SC needed, maybe not in that order... if not then what would i need to set it to, to make this work...?

Upvote 0

akacary2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hartlepool
FLD_NEED = 1 for DC, 2 for MC & 3 for SC
FLD_NEEDLEVEL = amount of DC, MC or SC needed to wear

E.g

40 MC to wear would be:
FLD_NEED = 2, FLD_NEEDLEVEL 40

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
lol, they hvant rly explained it fully...

RENEWLEVEL 1 70 100

<Rebirth level> <Level> <BonusPoints>

when u wanna wear a rebirth item........ it checks if both ur renewlevel + ur level are the same as the items level

so if item is need rebirth + lvl 70, u need rebirth lvl70 and lvl 70...

also, when u make rebirth items, put 16 in the FLD_RESERVED ... then make 2 copys of the item

Item ------------ NEED 40 : -----------Level wotever
Item1 -- dc0-2 ---- NEED 40 : -----------Level wotever

make Item have 0 stats but correct level, and Item1 with all the stats

i found if u dont do this, any level can wear the rebirth items, eg a lvl 1 can wear a lvl 100 rebirth necky

Upvote 0

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
lol, they hvant rly explained it fully...

RENEWLEVEL 1 70 100

<Rebirth level> <Level> <BonusPoints>

when u wanna wear a rebirth item........ it checks if both ur renewlevel + ur level are the same as the items level

so if item is need rebirth + lvl 70, u need rebirth lvl70 and lvl 70...

also, when u make rebirth items, put 16 in the FLD_RESERVED ... then make 2 copys of the item

Item ------------ NEED 40 : -----------Level wotever
Item1 -- dc0-2 ---- NEED 40 : -----------Level wotever

make Item have 0 stats but correct level, and Item1 with all the stats

i found if u dont do this, any level can wear the rebirth items, eg a lvl 1 can wear a lvl 100 rebirth necky

this is very true but i find it more appealing to players been able to wear the rebirth stuff at any level.other wise why would rebirth items be any good ?.
if you are renew level 5 but rebirth to lvl 70 but your items are level 100 you carnt wear them.
But what you said is true and its upto the host to decide which way they go with the rebirth items

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
where did I mention about rebirth ****?
wot? was there need need for that? who said i was referin to u? go die.

this is very true but i find it more appealing to players been able to wear the rebirth stuff at any level.other wise why would rebirth items be any good ?.
if you are renew level 5 but rebirth to lvl 70 but your items are level 100 you carnt wear them.
But what you said is true and its upto the host to decide which way they go with the rebirth items
well i was just giving some more info, and a way to actually fix it so it works off the level properly

Upvote 0