char hacking

smoochy boys on tour

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
we had someone log onto a char tonight on our server, char name yello ip 82.21.182.96, id newport- pass wales logged onto another players account and started to take items from them and delete guild members from his guild. check your logs for this ip and be careful. luckily it was spotted quickly and not much damage was done. although not sure if its a static ip :(

Last edited:

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
is you had any sense m8 you would be safe, block port 6000 change port number ie 7000 to 7003 and all the other ports, block or change startbuy and spiritstart if you have not done the 4 things i have said no wonder this has happend

lif

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
1. Jasper has p6k closed
2. Changing the login port has NO effect on account security
3. Don't insinuate someone doesn't have any sense when you don't know the full story.

Its more than likely the accounts owner was the weakest link, not the server.

/Leo

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
i sorry leo but you will find changing the ports block the latest ledu

you need to allso block the startbuy and spiritstart for item stealing

lif

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
No I'm afraid your still wrong. I specifically said account security, nothing else. AND even if I were to have mentioned something else I'd still be right. Anyone thats reasonably determined would be able to happily enable Ledu to use whichever port they like. But of course, thats not the issue here - unauthorised access is.

Please, apply your 'recommendations' to the context.

/Leo

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
calm down you 2 lol,, thanks for the support leo, until we find out if the char that did create a new acc that night called yello, and then also logged onto someone elses account is already a player on this server then yes the most obvious answer is the player who had his char "used without permission" i shall say, is the weakest link, and to put your mind @ ease lifco, the startbuy command had been changed, and i will now change spiritstart, and spiritstop commands too.

and thx to leos logviewer then finding ips and acconts is a little easier

Last edited: