Character death, have to log out

smoochy boys on tour

snarf

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 23, 2007
Hi
I've been lurking the forums for a few days and got a couple of different servers working, thanks to a lot of info from here.

I'm running LS3G-Chinese (3.38) server files with euro mir client and euro .exe off Kaori's website and everything works pretty much great apart from a few niggling problems.

I've searched thoroughly on here and googled a lot but the answer to these problems seems elusive at best, so I'm turning to you for help :agree:

The biggest problem I have right now is on the topic:
On death the only way to respawn is to logout or exit the game and come back. You just stay there and can target things and see their names as if you were alive. I think the screen is supposed to go grey...

Another problem is the character's names are missing in game, one can see their own name if pointed at but other people's names are not there. I've searched the translated crueldragon.ini for a setting as it has been suggested, but fail to see which one could resolve this..

And finally equiping a Bronze axe bought in the shop renders you invisible to yourself and others, althought your HP bar remains visible, if you then unequip it you can't move until you equip some other weapon O.o

Any help you can provide on any or all (wishful thinking :D) of these matters would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

snarf out.

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
On death the only way to respawn is to logout or exit the game and come back. You just stay there and can target things and see their names as if you were alive. I think the screen is supposed to go grey...

thats supposed to be that way in LoM ever since but there r ways around it by scripts and functions

Another problem is the character's names are missing in game, one can see their own name if pointed at but other people's names are not there. I've searched the translated crueldragon.ini for a setting as it has been suggested, but fail to see which one could resolve this..

look for errors in your server exes displays..mostly this is due to problems with connection server<-->db maybe even performance problems of your hosting machine (RAM,HDD,CPU)

And finally equiping a Bronze axe bought in the shop renders you invisible to yourself and others, althought your HP bar remains visible, if you then unequip it you can't move until you equip some other weapon O.o

this is a client problem..try patching up ur client so it fits to the server u using (latest euro client most certainly dont match with older lom server like CD 3.38 database)

Upvote 0

snarf

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 23, 2007
Thanks TritoN for a prompt reply.

thats supposed to be that way in LoM ever since but there r ways around it by scripts and functions
I wasn't aware of that...so many years since I last played LoM...Evil's Illusion on a private server :)

look for errors in your server exes displays..mostly this is due to problems with connection server<-->db maybe even performance problems of your hosting machine (RAM,HDD,CPU)
Well that's the thing though, I get no errors at all when the server goes up and the machine is certainly powerful enough, dual CPU, RAM to spare, SATA drives, game runs smoothly. At least you don't seem to think the answer lies within cruel.ini, which I doubted very much anyway...I'm ready to be proven wrong :mooned:

this is a client problem..try patching up ur client so it fits to the server u using (latest euro client most certainly dont match with older lom server like CD 3.38 database)
Could you elaborate on the above, I'm not sure I follow completely...If the latest client doesn't match then patching it up will make it match even less?
Or do you mean patching "backwards" kinda thing? Custom patches?

Again, I appreciate any comments

Cheers,
snarf.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
In regards the Client side thing, the 3.38 client does not support Weapon10 and this is were the problem lies. When I made the database for 3.38, I wanted the Proper Weapon look, so instead of making it look "on Screen" like something else, I imported the weapons from 10 into 5 and cross referenced them on the database.

Of course as you wont have my client (which has changed since anyhow) - the easiest way is to change the database so the weapon shape is of something else similar, as most others have done. Example is Fork thing to look like Spear and so on..

As for your other question (Players names etc) - the answer DOES lie in the ini file :)

Upvote 0

snarf

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 23, 2007
Thank you for your replies.

@mythonline
I am in fact using that very same client, but I found the original .exe unusable, so I got the one from Kaori's (Kaori's pages are awesome btw)

@Demonic

Yes, I have a set of excel files which seem to take those problems into account and have referred to them to change some shapes in my items db. I'm kinda proud I figured it out on my own he he. I'm quite happy with that solution.

Re cruel.ini, I had seen one post by yourself saying that the solution to missing names is in there, but you didn't specify where exactly. I have no reason to doubt you so I'll try again, using the translated .ini.

My doubts arose after I tried translating it myself, and using the translated one posted on here, again to no avail. Save changing random settings from 0 to 1 or vice-versa I really don't see anything potentially promising in there. Perhaps you'd care to clarify ;)

I'll also point out that I said I'd be happy to be proven wrong har

Your comments are appreciated.

Cheers,
snarf.

Upvote 0

snarf

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 23, 2007
mythonline said:
(snip)... and change mon21 (if i remember correctly) to dmon-1 (both files), keep the ending the same.

That is sound advice but it won't solve weapon problems :tongue1: (or missing character names argh - drivin me nuts :mad: :( :cray:)

Cheers,
snarf.

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
i suggest u check if u got the right client.
i released set of files, (search for "lmyth" and u will find it) try to load them and check if the client is working for them.

Upvote 0

snarf

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 23, 2007
I did try them, not much difference from the ones I'm running anyway. Everything works fine (the same as 'mine') apart from nobody can see eachothers names. When you point at someone they get highlighted but no names comes up, I think they are supposed to show all the time anyway is that right?
I cannot get that to work no matter what I try, and I've tried all sorts of stuff...running out of ideas, I think this will be a "deal breaker" for me if I cannot get it to work eventually, hard to tell who's who lol

As for the weapons, I was referring to the fact that the server cannot handle weapons10 as Demonic pointed out. I've resorted to changing the shapes in itemsdb, not quite ready to start injecting into wix's.

Cheers,
snarf.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
it can be problem with the options in client (i am pretty sure there is an option to make the client act like that).
another thing, the server files that i released are working, the only problem there is with the spear if i remember correctly (u will dissapear however u can still move ect, all the rest will work fine), so try to reinstall the client, then put the patch i gave u, change the mon21 (that will fix the ice monsters), and load the files.
i suggest u work 1 step at a time, and dont try to inject stuff to the client until the basics will work for u.
as far as i remember u can inject stuff only to a specific places, so dont mess with it at the start, try to basics items (there can be diffrence between the names u know from real mir items, to this mir items, u will have to use the right names to load the items ingame, try to ask someone who played old server of 3.38 to guide u with the names).

Upvote 0