Character Information

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
My character information on LS 3G isn't saving.

I've changed it from 'Test Server' to 'Free Server' and that just stops me making items on my GM account...

I can do everythign when it comes to 'Test Server' BUT It wont save the information...I change it when the servers up and it still doesn't work. Is there an INI I need to change or anything?

Thanks in advance.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Only time I have seen this is on the 3.5X Series, it sounds like it cannot write to SQL Game3G. So you can level up etc and you log out then when you get back in your back to sqaure one? Do you mean any chars you create get lost and so forth??

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
Demonic said:
Only time I have seen this is on the 3.5X Series, it sounds like it cannot write to SQL Game3G. So you can level up etc and you log out then when you get back in your back to sqaure one? Do you mean any chars you create get lost and so forth??
I can make items, read spells etc and they're gone when I return...Character is still there. I can level up, yes (I did this on the server side and this remained too).

However - I did add 9 million gold on the server side and that still remains there each time.

Upvote 0

derwisz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
Poland
i had similiar error (posted few months ago) and maybe it would work for you
check your table definitions
i had wrong data types int,nchar etc - coused by bad import from excel
proper saving came back after i repaired data types

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
derwisz said:
i had similiar error (posted few months ago) and maybe it would work for you
check your table definitions
i had wrong data types int,nchar etc - coused by bad import from excel
proper saving came back after i repaired data types
I'm using MSQL 2000.

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
if the databases are right restored he doesnt need to write the sql parts new like char and so on.

i know only as i have the same problem i cant save anything i change to free mode and all works after that

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
Amenovis said:
if the databases are right restored he doesnt need to write the sql parts new like char and so on.

i know only as i have the same problem i cant save anything i change to free mode and all works after that
Doesn't allow me to do GM Commands then :S....

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
Sorted. It was to do with the GM in front of my characters name, it didn't like it and wouldn't save. It allowed it to save as Judge but not GMJudges

Upvote 0