Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Counter Strike
Source: www.wwe.com

Benoit's death part of a double murder-suicide

Written: June 25, 2007

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.
Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Texas, and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.
Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.
At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.
WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.
The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

Sprinkle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
Newport S.Wales
Yup, they did lol.. well thats Vince Mcmahon down and him now, jesus christ thank god we still have the good main ones though, i love wrestling my self always have since a kid.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
steroids cldnt hav dun that to him surely, they can only make him burst out in anger i dont think it wld take him to that sort of measures. shame tho hes always been a gd wrestler.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
steroids cldnt hav dun that to him surely, they can only make him burst out in anger i dont think it wld take him to that sort of measures. shame tho hes always been a gd wrestler.

Steroids have a massive amount of side effects and every persons reaction is different. Anything from depression to extreme rage can result from long term use.

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
Tbh, if it doesnt turn out that he has murder his family and himself i'd be really shocked i mean, i dont think his tha kinda person to do that, i mean if he was under pressure you dont kill your family >< he was a gr8 wrestler and i think we're all gonna miss him

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Yup, they did lol.. well thats Vince Mcmahon down and him now, jesus christ thank god we still have the good main ones though, i love wrestling my self always have since a kid.

He dead aswell now o.O?

Havn't watched wrestling for years >.<. Only other recent wrestler i knew who had died was eddie.

/Ash

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
He dead aswell now o.O?

Havn't watched wrestling for years >.<. Only other recent wrestler i knew who had died was eddie.

/Ash

His Limo blow up at the end of a "live" Monday night Raw just as he got in

Some stupid people on the internet seem to think he was really blown up
it was even reported on some news stations in the US that he was killed

BH

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
The thing with vince is a pure publicity stunt, seen the show several times where the limo blew up and its so obvious its a fluke, but there has been press intrest init though.

This with benoit, unless i see a pic of him dead and not clip shots, ill take this as being a stunt as well. Seeing as it was common knowledge that benoit and vince hated each other. Its all to incoencidnetal.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
His Limo blow up at the end of a "live" Monday night Raw just as he got in

Some stupid people on the internet seem to think he was really blown up
it was even reported on some news stations in the US that he was killed

BH

ooo, fair enough, never heard about that lol. >.<

Anyway if it was true i very much doubt they would show the video's of his limo blowing up, although i could be wrong. :P

And i doubt we will see pictures of benoit dead, unless they are somehow leaked to the public. I do believe he is really dead though, because if they wanted to kill him off of wrestling, they wouldn't have got his family involved. Also, it's just something you know is true.

All of the above should make sense, if it doesn't, i'm sorry. :D

/Ash

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I do believe he is really dead though, because if they wanted to kill him off of wrestling, they wouldn't have got his family involved.
/Ash
It could be a great way to get rid of all the fans ect, both to him and to his family.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
i was quite shocked to see it actually, but he did seem rather angry all the time anyway, but maybe that was just his wrestling act, but apparently he really was crazy

i heard they stopped the mcmahon death stunt, because of what happened to Benoit

Sprinkle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
Newport S.Wales
Vince mcmahon isent really dead now, he's done a live speech on chris benoits live behalf, but.. apparently ye his death was story line (mcmahons), he wont be on wrestling enymore though.

Dreamscape, you are dumb mate thinking Benoit made a story up or the world wrestling entertainment has u nugget, no one makes that kind of story up, they would never get rid of benoit because of the fans he had, the show would be basicly dead, but now wrestling has batista, lashley, and all that the fans have moved on.

Last edited:

[Shadow]

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Counter Strike
On Saturday, June 23, Chris Benoit was slated to appear at a WWE live event in Beaumont, Texas. That afternoon, Benoit contacted WWE to inform them that his wife and child were ill, and that he would not be able to attend the show.

WWE executives rebooked Benoit’s flight for the following morning, allowing Benoit to miss the Beaumont event making alternate arrangements for him to attend the pay-per-view event in Houston on Sunday.

WWE employees attempted to confirm with Benoit his travel plans but were unable to contact him.

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53 a.m.) - Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53 a.m.) - Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Throughout the day on Sunday, WWE made numerous attempts to contact Benoit both at home and at local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11 p.m., WWE officials were unable to establish contact with Chris Benoit.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, WWE officials were notified of the text messages sent to the co-workers the previous day. By 12:45 p.m., WWE had contacted Fayette County Sheriff’s office requesting they check on the Benoit family.

Fayette County Sheriff's office made contact with WWE at approximately 4 p.m. advising that they had entered the house of Chris Benoit and found three deceased bodies – an adult male, adult female and a male child. WWE was told that Benoit’s home was now considered a major crime scene.

The decision to cancel the live event scheduled in Corpus Christi that night was made between 4 and 5 p.m. In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE chose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit. As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
was reading the sun and a couple of other news papers and basically most ppl who knew him sed he was a soft giant and was nicest guy u cld meet outside wrestling ring :S.

i read that he killed the wife saturday, smothered the son on the sunday then hung himself on the monday in his gym at home.

could all be a con to get out of country n start a new life but id put my money on it all being true coz cldnt have been set up as ther was alsatians loose in his garden.

also i was reading bout deaths of other wrestlers and thers been quite a few, some accidents some killings and some suicides and over dos'es.

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
y????? they sound fun

You sir are a fool

They are very bad for you and its very stupid to take them, and they make something small just like urs i guess

if your going to take anything like that have a protien shake

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
You sir are a fool

They are very bad for you and its very stupid to take them, and they make something small just like urs i guess

if your going to take anything like that have a protien shake

you of course are a mug. steroids can be taken in 2 diffrent ways the most popular being injections and then also can be taken in pills. injecting it has more effect and has side effects of hair growth from ur nuts to facial hair higher testosterone levels meaning agression and infurtility not neccesarily making ur penis smaller also diffrent people have diffrent side effects from steroids and diffrent people get it out of their system in diffrent times. and pills are easier to take and arent quite as effective as injections but still do the job.

long term effects linclude heart disease heart failure strokes etc later on in life.

protein shakes are hardly the best thing to take as arnold schwarzneger ate chiken breast porridge and other protein filled foods. protein shakes just more convenient.

if you want to take steroids then do so but just know these are the side effects.