[King] Client Login Issue - Could use some assistance please

smoochy boys on tour

Mobius1NI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2010
Hi guys, I have followed the guide in the sticky to set up a server and it
appears to be successfull where gate 0 and gate 1 are both open
but I am having problems when loading up the game client itself.

Getting message:

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
failed because connected host has failed to respond"

Note: I am doing this on a Windows XP Virtual Machine although the
above message applys in both Win 7 and the XP VM

I have used King Setup to direct all IPs to 127.0.0.1
and have created an account on the database as username: bla password: bla

I thought maybe I had to rightclick the client shortcut and add something like
"d:\Program Files (x86)\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of mir 3" 127.0.0.1:PORT

Ive tried as many ports as I could find but it hasnt helped. Can anyone make a
suggestion? Totally stuck at this point

Using InfernoMud3 & SQL 2000 King Databases

Thanks
Noel

---------- Post added 05-11-2011 at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-11-2011 at 11:02 PM ----------

In fact, cancel above and close the thread, cant be annoyed any longer I'll try it on a standalone system some time :)

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

K, well, solved the above problem, I missed the part where ya had to change the mir3.cin in the client install >.< wish I figured that one out a day ago! lol oh well, getting there. Can log in but it crashed upon character creation so something new to figure out

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
A instant crash is due to rather likely a client problem. Grab Xtreme client and use it and see if same happens, if so post back.

Upvote 0

Mobius1NI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2010
Yeh I figured on it being client related, I actually thought maybe GFX related initially. Im already in the process of downloading the TGKingClient just figured it would go with the king database files but if this gets me nowhere, I'll have a go at the Xtreme client, can u give me a link for that?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

K well, that TGKingClient is chinese and it crashes upon entering the game although in a different manner to
the original standard client, will have to find that xtreme client I guess

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Looks like the xtreme client is working fine, well, apart from spells not workin in stuff but I'l find out how to fix that :)

Upvote 0

Diego

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 20, 2010
I use the RND Pro client with the WEMADE maps and data. That way the items are set closer to the official settings, the maps have less random features in th middle of towns. You can also fix a homelandarmy camp entry bug this way by then just adding in the door coords from a HolleymapInfo.
So that'll be for maps D003 and D005.

Having WEMADE data will change ur skill tree making it wrong. to resolve this u find the client image for the dark element tao skills in gameinter.wil for the one originally in RND client.

It will also result in some of the NPC menus being too long. Again u can resolve this by doing some mods in Gameinter.wil, ie switching bits in from RND.

Upvote 0