CoD/Halo/Assassins Creed

smoochy boys on tour

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Humm so basically I'm new to having an xbox, and these games are all ones that I've wanted to play since they came out, but now there are newer ones out, I'm wondering is it worth getting the original games first? For the sake of storylines etc..

i.e. CoD 4 before MW2, Halo 2 before 3, AC 1 before 2?

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Get MW1 and MW2, the story lines in both games are excellent and MW2 obviously carrys on from MW1. Don't get hte other CoDs as their a waste of time compared to MW's

The others I'm not sure

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Whilst MW2 is just MW1 gameplay wise again though so it's up to you if you have the cash to spend on two similar games. (Although that is kind of obvious....) But the story does follow on, and it is a good campaign, and both are great games.

Halo i just went in at 3, you can keep up with any back story, although it is pretty little as you can read it as a stand alone game with small backhistory. Halo ODST is the latest in the halo series, set completely seperate from the master chief, but it's really not that good a game unless you LOVE the halo series.

AC the first one is a bit repetitive, well very so people say, i didn't find it tooo bad. But visually it's a great game, and it's a nice change from the fps, you could get AC1 for quite cheap too i recon (as with halo 3, mw1 im not sure about - it's still so popular). However AC2 does follow on slightly wit hthe modern day characters, it's set in a new period of time. And it's supposed to be awesome. I want.

*Edit*
I just bought it, as i had a weak 5 mins, i blame this thread.... :sleep:

/Gand

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
As said, both MW1 and MW2's storylines are fantastic, both kept me gripped and wanting more, you definately want to play CoD4 before MW2, storyline wise at least.

I hate anything related to Halo, so I can't help there.

AC1 as Gand said is quite repetative, although it is a good game, the story is good but I haven't played AC2 yet so i'm unsure if it follows. The ending to AC1 is quite funky and made me look it up for more information.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
MW2 = legend :) cant see much point in getting MW1 now unless your a massive hater of the multilayer as that's why I bought the game :). Both storyline are fantastic though.

Halo is a wicked fun game to play if you have friends who play it too :P. Im not an xbox fanboy either. I have both ps3 and xbox.

AC1 for me was the best game EVER, for the first 10 minutes. Saw AC2 round my mates house, and it looked much more in depth and fun lasting :), so yeah id suggest that too!

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Bugger them all and get Dragon Age Origins. Its kept me entertained for 3 2-3 play throughs, depending on how througher you are on quests a play through can be anything upto 130 hours so i hear.

Sorry for the off topic there, but thought you might like a suggestion for another game.

/TOM

DeathsDoor

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 9, 2004
Kurdistan
just finished AC2 and damnnnnn it was some beautiful game but i think u must play the first one in order to understand the second

Bugger them all and get Dragon Age Origins. Its kept me entertained for 3 2-3 play throughs, depending on how througher you are on quests a play through can be anything upto 130 hours so i hear.

Sorry for the off topic there, but thought you might like a suggestion for another game.

/TOM

i got a lvl 12 Duelist rogue,and 3 treaties ingame but not sure how to get the elf one >.<
im a lil stuck hehe

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Whilst MW2 is just MW1 gameplay wise again though so it's up to you if you have the cash to spend on two similar games. (Although that is kind of obvious....) But the story does follow on, and it is a good campaign, and both are great games.

Halo i just went in at 3, you can keep up with any back story, although it is pretty little as you can read it as a stand alone game with small backhistory. Halo ODST is the latest in the halo series, set completely seperate from the master chief, but it's really not that good a game unless you LOVE the halo series.

AC the first one is a bit repetitive, well very so people say, i didn't find it tooo bad. But visually it's a great game, and it's a nice change from the fps, you could get AC1 for quite cheap too i recon (as with halo 3, mw1 im not sure about - it's still so popular). However AC2 does follow on slightly wit hthe modern day characters, it's set in a new period of time. And it's supposed to be awesome. I want.

*Edit*
I just bought it, as i had a weak 5 mins, i blame this thread.... :sleep:

/Gand

Actually I figured it would/could work out cheaper for me, as I'd be buying older games first, which are obviously cheaper.

I think I'll go ahead and get CoD4 and AC1 for now, then Halo 3 at another time. Thx for comments.

Tom27 said:

/TOM

Is that a proper MMORPG though? I'm still waiting for one for console...cos I loved EQOA.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I dont play AC or CoD.

But i do have Halo. I played the solo side of it for a couple of days and was enjoying it, but i then experienced the online play, and never went back to play it solo.

Also if your into cars and racing games, you can get the Forz Motorsport 3 limited edition for £29.99 from GAME online. Good deal as its only just come out.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
I dont play AC or CoD.

But i do have Halo. I played the solo side of it for a couple of days and was enjoying it, but i then experienced the online play, and never went back to play it solo.

Also if your into cars and racing games, you can get the Forz Motorsport 3 limited edition for £29.99 from GAME online. Good deal as its only just come out.

Already found Forza 3 cos my bro wants it for xmas, limited edition for £23.99 w/ free p+p at gameplay.co.uk, was ****ing chuffed lol!

I nearly went for the GAME one as well cos i thought £30 was good, but decided to keep lookin and it payed off. Only thing is all their other games seem to be sold out :(

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Ah **** :/. i just had the mad 5min as gand said, and decided to buy it without even looking around.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
That's how all my games are bought. Wasted so much of my student loan on countless games.

Fail, ha.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
That's how all my games are bought. Wasted so much of my student loan on countless games.

Fail, ha.

I dont have many, but:

Halo3 - Played a bit when i first got, not played for nearly a year.
CoD2 - Never played it!
Ashes Cricket - Played it about 4 times
Fifa09 - Played it constantly
Fifa10 - Play it everyday
FarCry2 - Played a few times
Mirrors Edge - Played it when i first got it, got too frustrating
need for speed... unsure which one, But hardly played it

Prolly got a couple of others that ive forgot i even have

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Just got Lips w/ 2 mics for £23.99 off that site as well for my gf. I need L4D2 as well but cheapest I can find is £37.70 :(

Managed to find AC1 for a tenner and Halo3 for £12 on other sites. CoD4 is still like £40 everywhere though :x

All new as well, not pre-owned

Last edited:

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
I thought cod4 would be still about that price.
A large majority of my games are preowned from gamestation. But have been buying a few new ones with my asda discount recently. (Ac2 i got for £30, 20% off and LFD2 for bro's PC for £20 with 20% off).

New games i bought: Borderlands, Cod MW2, AC2, Halo ODST, fable2, mercenaries 2, Battlefield:BC, Cod WaW, GH World Tour, GH 5, Tom Clancy's HAWX. All a great games and were worth the cash (cept maybe ODST and Mercs).
Oh and LOTR conquest + some crap other one were cheap new, but i traded in shortly after.
Preowned: Mirrors edge, Burnout Paradise, 007 QOS, Halo 3, Oblivion, AC1, Forza 2, Viva Pinata, Cod4, Too Human, Mass effect, Brothers in Arms: HH, Frontlines, splinter cell DA, GRAW 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Enchanted Arms, Fuzion Frenzy, Fifa 08. (And about 5-7 more that i've traded in and cant remember).
Most of my preowned games cost me £5-15, and the vast majority were totally worth it (the ones earlier in the list were the best.) Preowned games are the way forward if you have a large gamestation store you can often get some awesome deals.
/Gand

(Oh and i added alot of LOMCN members to Live when we used to have that leaderboard, but for anyone that plays any of those games and wants a game/co op once in a while add my tag, GoDSnafu.)

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
just finished AC2 and damnnnnn it was some beautiful game but i think u must play the first one in order to understand the second

i got a lvl 12 Duelist rogue,and 3 treaties ingame but not sure how to get the elf one >.<
im a lil stuck hehe
You need to go to the Brecillian Forest, meet the dalish elves =D.

Its not an MMORPG its an RPG but very good, as i said its kept me and my brother entertained for a while now, story line is pretty cool and each character you meet, if you decide to bring them along has side story and usually a quest for you to do aswell.

/Tom

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
I play Cod MW-2 constantly as its my favourite game :) deffo game of the year. NFS Shift is a good game, but it gets borin quite quick. Got good ol guitar hero 5 :) thats always a fun one when you got a couple of mates round. and Ratchet and Clank :P used to love it as a kid, but its lost its fun factor now.