Code error 10000

Join Discord

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
I've searched and found some stuff how to sort this, but non of them worked.

Is there any way in sorting this ? really annoying can't play any 2.3 servers longer then 10 minutes.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
T6600 @ 2.20Ghz
1.18GHz. 2.83GB of RAM

Windows XP SP3

Any help or advice be great full.

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
the server's your trying to play, are you using the same client for each of them and just changing the exe and ini's or downloading the whole client each time?

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I've searched and found some stuff how to sort this, but non of them worked.

Is there any way in sorting this ? really annoying can't play any 2.3 servers longer then 10 minutes.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
T6600 @ 2.20Ghz
1.18GHz. 2.83GB of RAM

Windows XP SP3

Any help or advice be great full.

1) Click Start>Control Panel

ouxrw7.jpg

2) Click System>Hardware [tab]>Device Manager

2301zq.jpg

3) Extend the Computer tab>Right-click the current device>Update Driver...

205qequ.jpg

4) Tick Yes, this time only>Click Next>Tick Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)>Click Next> Tick Don't search. I will choose the driver to install> Click Next> Click Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC>Click Next> Click Finish> When prompted to restart click Yes.

2m6v02b.jpg

5) After restarting, you will be prompted to restart again. Click Yes.

Taken from nemesis forums.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
the server's your trying to play, are you using the same client for each of them and just changing the exe and ini's or downloading the whole client each time?

Same with every Client I use >.<

1) Click Start>Control Panel

ouxrw7.jpg

2) Click System>Hardware [tab]>Device Manager

2301zq.jpg

3) Extend the Computer tab>Right-click the current device>Update Driver...

205qequ.jpg

4) Tick Yes, this time only>Click Next>Tick Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)>Click Next> Tick Don't search. I will choose the driver to install> Click Next> Click Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC>Click Next> Click Finish> When prompted to restart click Yes.

2m6v02b.jpg

5) After restarting, you will be prompted to restart again. Click Yes.

Taken from nemesis forums.

Thanks for the trouble but I can't use ACPI tweak due to my OS being windows 7 (But now XP)

If I install that will crash my laptop, with black screen at the boot up menu.

Unless you no a way how to stop this!

Last edited:

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
Same with every Client I use >.<

Thanks for the trouble but I can't use ACPI tweak due to my OS being windows 7 (But now XP)

If I install that will crash my laptop, with black screen at the boot up menu.

Unless you no a way how to stop this!

You put but now XP..you tried changing back to windows 7, im using windows 7 pro 64 bit, everything works fine for me.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
You put but now XP..you tried changing back to windows 7, I'm using windows 7 pro 64 bit, everything works fine for me.

Yeah cause I changed, but this problem only started the other week, been no problems past 7 months being on XP.

I've been thinking about changing back to windows 7 but ACPI didn't work before probably won't now.

Thanks for the help, guess its good bye 2.3 servers now.

PS: Still seeking advice.

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
All 2.3 servers are rubbish anyway :P.

On a more serious note, all i would recommend doing is make sure everything is up to date, and if you really wanted to play a 2.3 server, do a total format and re-install windows lol.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
All 2.3 servers are rubbish anyway :P.

On a more serious note, all i would recommend doing is make sure everything is up to date, and if you really wanted to play a 2.3 server, do a total format and re-install windows lol.

I've done that about 3 or more times, still get it >.<

But I've just done something maybe worked not sure, will post again in few days see if it stopped CODE ERROR. (If it works I'll share the wealth)

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
usually the code error is related to your network speed unless u don't use cheats and you said u have it since last week i think u should check ur d/l u/p ping speed , hard to belive but it might be too slow for mir lol.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
try updating your sound card.

I've done this number of time, all hardware is fully updated.
usually the code error is related to your network speed unless u don't use cheats and you said u have it since last week i think u should check ur d/l u/p ping speed , hard to believe but it might be too slow for mir lol.

Its not my network speed, I get it of the cable or wireless, not had it since I last posted so it might of gone. Lol @ cheats you serious ?

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Code 10k happens when the client detects that it is running around 3 seconds (maybe different in TD's client) faster than the server. A few things can affect this, speed up programs that speed up the tick counts on your computer is the obvious one.

Your network can also affect it, if you are receiving packets too fast or too slow you will get the error.

If you have done any tweaks, I suggest you remove them.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
What did you do to have possibly fixed it?

ACPI Multiprocessor PC
MPS Multiprocessor PC

Changed to MPS then back to ACPI, gained 1.1GHz not had CODE ERROR since I've done this.

Code 10k happens when the client detects that it is running around 3 seconds (maybe different in TD's client) faster than the server. A few things can affect this, speed up programs that speed up the tick counts on your computer is the obvious one.

Your network can also affect it, if you are receiving packets too fast or too slow you will get the error.

If you have done any tweaks, I suggest you remove them.

Well to cover this up, I don't use any Speed up programs what so ever, I use a 10 Meg Net line average Internet.

I've removed all Tweaks I had made on my Laptop, what I changed I've had no problems so far.

Last edited:

Version 1.3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 10, 2005
I use to get this, it stopped when i turned off Special effects in Mir options...may work for u

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
What I did worked for a short while, and now CODE ERROR is back! any suggestions ? -_-
i never said ur using speed programs mate , i just stated that speed cheats are 1 of the reasons .
there could be a lot of reasons that cause the error like registri errors , viruses , network connection , anything that can slow or boost the packets send by your client .
Unless you have the time to try different methods of debug to see what is it causing i recommand to reinstal the windows

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
i never said ur using speed programs mate , i just stated that speed cheats are 1 of the reasons .
there could be a lot of reasons that cause the error like registry errors , viruses , network connection , anything that can slow or boost the packets send by your client .
Unless you have the time to try different methods of debug to see what is it causing i recommend to reinstall the windows

I no you didn't but had to put my point across, I reinstalled XP today and still get it, not sure what to do now.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i used to get this when i overclocked my cpu.. had to put the pc in default values in order to play

another time when i used to have it was when i installed mir on my download pc and had tweaked packets MTU and other things to download faster..

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
i used to get this when i overclocked my cpu.. had to put the pc in default values in order to play

another time when i used to have it was when i installed mir on my download pc and had tweaked packets MTU and other things to download faster..

And how do I do this ? I'm not the best PC geek >.<