College

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
I'm quessing quite a few people here are at college so was wondering if you are what course are doing ?

I'm doing public services level 2 and my younger sister is doing public services level 1 and my other brother is looking to start a IT course. I'm looking to join the fire service and my sister wants to be a lifeguard.

Just thought it would be nice to see what people are doing and what they want in the future.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
No more college for Lukey, Done all my bit.

Travel & Tourism.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Horticulture National Diploma (2nd year)

Aim to be a landscape architect, or possibly go back and study something linked to more interior design/architectural design. Then off to Uni to study Architecture, Design, or Landscape Architecture.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
i did BTEC Nat Diploma in Uniformed Public Services but then the RAF recruitment in my area took a nose dive just before i applied so i came back to the joys of education, doing my 3rd year of degree now - BA Hons Business Management, s'all good fun at the moment spend most of the time in the bar an playing pool but hey its my £12,000 debt so i should be able to do what i like! :)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
No more college for Tai-ee...(?) did A Levels in Media, Sociology, Law & IT.

Got me nowhere (Y)

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Doing a degree in Computing & Business, starting my first year. Seems pretty basic so far.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Didn't go to college, went straight into work.

Currently working on my IT qualifications paid for by the company.

Vannaroth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2004
London/Aberystwyth
Never went to college. I did history, politics and film studies in 6th form. Now I'm in my third year of uni doing medieval and early modern history.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Never went to college. I did history, politics and film studies in 6th form. Now I'm in my third year of uni doing medieval and early modern history.

Well yeah mine was a "6th Form College" I think they did other things like Btecs as well (whatever they are!)

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Last year of college, worked my way up from level 1 foundation as I didn't do my GCSES in school.

As said though, last year of college and i'm finishing my BTEC National IT Practitioners course which in turn should enable me to come out with a diploma (i've already got a-levels).

Then off to uni for 2-3 years and probably going to do Game Design or Game Design & Artificial Intelligence.

/TheDon

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I'm quessing quite a few people here are at college so was wondering if you are what course are doing ?

I'm doing public services level 2 and my younger sister is doing public services level 1 and my other brother is looking to start a IT course. I'm looking to join the fire service and my sister wants to be a lifeguard.

Just thought it would be nice to see what people are doing and what they want in the future.
goodluck to you and your sister, the community need more poeple like you two

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
College:
BTEC First Diploma in Software Engineering for IT Practitioners - 1 Year
BTEC National Award in Software Engineering for IT Practitioners - 2 Years

Came out with the Diploma and Award, along with a Cisco Networking Qualification, along with knowledge of HTML, CSS and VB

Uni:
BSc Computer Games Development - 3 Years

When i finish, i'll have qualifications in Games Development (Obviously) in C++, C#, Flash, Ogre and Unity. Also with Project Management and Modelling skills.

Currently in my final year ^^ Might do my Masters afterwards, but i'm yet to make a decision on that as tbh i've had enough of education and i already have a couple job interviews lined up for when i graduate lol

craigj

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
South Wales !!
nice to see that people are doinn ****t with their lifes :)
im 18
failed year 11, repeated, passed, did half of year 12, left.

concreter/ concrete labourer now.
i wanna go TAFE
which is basically college where i am, and get a degreee in something, or get a trade.

never really liked any other job iv had apart from concreting, wake up 4.30 or 5, happy as and couldnt give a **** about work cause by the time its 12-1 iv finished, home, showered and out wiv my mates on the chuff or piss for 2.
thinking about gettin some experience that can get me into the mines up north tho, heavy diesel fitting is the only job iv ever really took intrest in for the mines.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
I might be one of the only students that's glad to see the change in uni fees where a university can charge what it likes for tuition. Although we already have a vague league table of universities published in media such at the Times, it will now give due credit to the better universities and not just those old polys or colleges that give out degrees.

I'd rather have Alevels than BTECs any day.
Similarly i'd rather have a degree from an established university than an old poly.
Maybe its a bit of a controversial statement on this forum but i know those in my position will agree.

Did my Alevels at sixth form before going to university. Now thinking of doing a Masters or taking up a graduate job in my industry in London, but before all that i've got a bit of travelling lined up.
Although have managed to pick up the easiest qualification of my life whilst at my current job - an NVQ in Customer Service. If i'd had to do any work for it i wouldnt of bothered, turns out i've got it from observations, QnA and a couple of pages of written bull.
/Gand