computer help

smoochy boys on tour

Gemma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2006
ok i just baught a comp off my m8 when we tested it round his it all worked etc

then we went out with the computer in the car with us behiden my sit and when we baught it to my house and plugd it in all the fans work but a black screen like nothin comes up iv tested it on my moniter and the one im useing but he had this problem before but it worked after few days im just wondering if it could be static that causing it or sumin any advice would help

for ppl who ask is it all plugd in right (yes has we havnt touched anything off it and it worked ok yesterday)

Last edited:

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
What does it do when you turn it on? what beeps do you get?

Also you might not have touched anythin but something might have come loose while moving it, so make sure all your cables are in / secure.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you checked all the components are in properly? specially if it has a jumper for the graphics card. when i built my pc i didnt press the jumper down properly and got a black screen.

mapadale

Disconnect the power cable and then press and hold in the power button.

This will perform an ATX reset.

Once done this, then test the machine.

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
Check your hardware also could be loose ram also causes a black screen if you have no memory you have no screen and check your little battery on the mother board C-Mos battery if not set right it cant load your bio ect
Make sure all cards are snug in there slots all cause black screens

mapadale

Check your hardware also could be loose ram also causes a black screen if you have no memory you have no screen and check your little battery on the mother board C-Mos battery if not set right it cant load your bio ect
Make sure all cards are snug in there slots all cause black screens
Loose ram would cause a POST alarm and no mention of that so not ram.

CMOS battery, this would still post screen and so not CMOS battery ether.

Any hardware that is loose or not fitted corectly, would always POST alarm.

Gemma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2006
iv fixd the problem was dodgy ram :S but all working ok now thx for the help guys

Last edited: