Connection Problem

smoochy boys on tour

Sorlag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2005
Nigeria
I am trying to get someone to connect to my server, I see him connecting in the login server but then they disconnect. I am using a router and I don't know if my router is blocking it or if my connection is crap. If anyone could give me a list of ports to forward that would be helpful.

Thanks

/Dimes

Last edited:

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
some routers (the little ones for private use) just dont let people from outside connect to ur lan server no matter how u configure it but if u lucky u got a good router which can be configured to route people from internet to ur lan server or just use a direct connection to the internet

Upvote 0

Tanzie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 14, 2004
uk
I was on BT BB once and they had a router... i tryed setting a server up and was a pain... tis forwarding ports you need to do but i did that and it still dident work lol so i dunno... i gave up in the end and went on NTL =/

Upvote 0

Sorlag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2005
Nigeria
Well someone I know setup a server and hes not on a router. But he can't connect and so can't I although it says gate 0 opened... Any ideas?

Thanks

/Dimes

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DivX:)

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 13, 2003
Scotland
I had trouble getting my server online, crappy XP firewall thing stoping me, I downloaded a programme from ANALOGX called "Port Mapper" and that done the trick. Might be worth trying.

Upvote 0

Sorlag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2005
Nigeria
what does it exactly do and is there any explanation on how to use it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DivX:)

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 13, 2003
Scotland
It's just an easier way to forward ports if your having trouble using firewalls.

Click on "Configure Mapping" and add the ports you want to forward to whatever compuer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0