CowKing ???

Join Discord

samhag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2008
Ive got the following error on my M2 server- CowKing process error.

Anyone know what it means and how to fix it ??
I did change a couple of things yesterday but ive been to sleep since then and i`ll be buggered if i can remember what :dunce:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
i know on some files u cant do that so ciwking is a mob magic it maybe unable to be used like that

Upvote 0

NatB

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2008
This may help:

RACE# = Type
------------------------
91 = TMagCowMonster
92 = TCowKingMonster
97 = TCowMonster

These are the only classes I can find that have "Cow" in their class name so I assume the error may be caused by any mob in TBL_MONSTER and TBL_MONGEN that is based on the above race numbers.

I base this on the assumption that TD's files follow the "standard" race numbering convention.

HTH

Upvote 0

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
This may help:

RACE# = Type
------------------------
91 = TMagCowMonster
92 = TCowKingMonster
97 = TCowMonster

These are the only classes I can find that have "Cow" in their class name so I assume the error may be caused by any mob in TBL_MONSTER and TBL_MONGEN that is based on the above race numbers.

I base this on the assumption that TD's files follow the "standard" race numbering convention.

HTH

Hmm. thanks for the reply again.

Those Race numbers are used by many things, such as Woomas and so on...

92 specifically (as it's called CowKing) is Woomataurus, Lords and RoninGhouls...and they're used in both databases that I'm using (the one that works with no errors and the one that works with errors) so that can't be it, surely?

So confusing :/

Upvote 0

NatB

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2008
Again, I'm no expert here, but just one incorrect data entry in just one of the records based on these race numbers in the databases could throw up the error if M2 is being asked to do the computational impossible, ie divide by zero. I suggest you do a comparison as another member suggested. It could be just one digit in a thousand causing the error. You might also want to post your databases here so that others could help you find the error if you do not know how to carry out a comparison yourself. I am sure there are plenty of members willing to help.

Upvote 0

NatB

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2008
Divide by Zero is the classic thorn in the side of logic-based systems including CPUs.

Attempting to divide any real or integer number by zero results in an error because the logical system considers dividing nothing by something or it's inverse... Illogical. Good programming can prevent the condition or trap the error before the user is aware, but left unhandled, can cause a program to halt.

I refer you to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero for a more in-depth examination of the issue.

HTH

Upvote 0

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I've fixed it...finally! Been driving me mad for 2 days solid lol. It was some crappy mob that a friend of mine added months ago to our database...the race and raceimg didn't fit together basically...so IceMan was right.

Thanks a lot to both of you for your help

Upvote 0

NatB

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2008
Congrats to you, IceMan and jasper for sorting it but more importantly, thanks for posting the error so others may benefit from it. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
I've fixed it...finally! Been driving me mad for 2 days solid lol. It was some crappy mob that a friend of mine added months ago to our database...the race and raceimg didn't fit together basically...so IceMan was right.

Thanks a lot to both of you for your help

np m8 say thanks lol :)

g/l on server

Upvote 0