[CD3.55] Create a minimap

Join Discord

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
Hi,

I read a lot of posts here but I still can't understand: how I can save the map as *.bmp file? In which map editor I can save the map file as *.bmp? i know that minimap must have 25% of real size etc.

On the Coly illusion Map editor I Can't save map as *.bmp - only as *.map file.
I see the option: "Open Minimap editor" - but this option open only the new windows and right menu - but not loaded the map :(

Sorry for the question but I'm confused...

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Coly's Illusion map editor has a minimap feature. I recommend saving it at 6.25% or higher and then, with an image editing software, scale it back to 3.125% (if you saved it at 6.25, scale 50%; if you saved it at 12.5, scale 25%).

Chinaboy's King Map editor also has a minimap extraction utility.

Cheers

PS: minimaps have 3.125% of real size ;)

Upvote 0

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
World map? I have a new map file without a minimap. I cant's use the Coly's Illusion map editor. I will try Chinaboy's King Map editor.

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Ok I mean an area map, most maps open in image viewers, just decrease their size to use for mini map, it's what I used to do. I supplied a load this way in released work.

Upvote 0

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
Yes, but to do this I must have a map as image... this is my problem

EDIT:
Yes - King Map Edit can save the map as *.bmp file :)
But what ratio I must choose in this editor (1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc) - then save as a *.bmp file and must scale in image software editor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mighty3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
grantham
there is a step by step made by me some where on lomcn that's is easy to under to stand. all you need is the basic mapediter and paitpad that's it

step 1: load up mapediter
step 2: load up your map
step 3 :go to the file at top right click it then go to save to bitmap . mini map saved
step 4 open up the map you just saved in pait pad and resize the map to 25/25 for heroes for the 2.3 files you need to resize it twice 1 for big map 50/50 minimap 25/25

to load in to your sever do these ;

step 1 open up dataviewer
step 2 open the dataviewer and click open find the mmap file witch is in your data
step 3 once you have oped up the mini wil find a free space make it blue then go to add at top click it
find your map you want adding then click ok it will bring up a box click the one that says instert into
current location then click add . you have now put a mini map in to your files easy as that :

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Janocha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cant find tutorial to create minimap here... I can create minimap in King Map Editor but I don't know what ratio I must choose (can save as 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc)

EDIT:
Ok thx a lot :)

Save *.bmp as 1/1 and in Paint resize to 25 or 50% - thats clear for me now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0