Request Creating your own server

Join Discord

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
Hi guys,

I was wondering how difficult it is to start your own server, I have no experience so I imagine it would be tough but i'd like an idea of what's needed e.g. hardware etc. and whether or not it's actually quite pricey to host? Just a bit curious atm.

I like the look of these crystal files that people have started using so would like to play around with those.
Any basic bullet points or a brief level explanation of what's involved would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Hi dude,

I have been playing around with the Crystal Files for about a week and I'm learning more and more about making a server. Sometimes it is hard, and if you want to add loads of new unique features you're more than likely going to need to know a little bit of C# and have expertise in coding. But all in all once you have the files up and running on your own PC you can learn as you go and have a basic set of files that are awesome to build upon. I don't know about hosting but I don't think it is something to worry about in the immediate future if you are just beginning to build a server. The best guide to follow to get the Crystal files up and running is here http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?92007-Full-Crystal-Files-Download-and-Guide

I'm super noob at making servers but I like I said I have learned a little so far, so drop me a PM if you have any more questions. If it's anything too technical I have found the community of coders working on the Crystal files, Far & Jamie have been accommodating in helping where possible. I do think it is appreciated when you try to learn yourself as much as possible before coming with questions that are seen routinely here (a lot can be found in the Search bar)

Best of luck!

Upvote 0

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
Hi dude,

I have been playing around with the Crystal Files for about a week and I'm learning more and more about making a server. Sometimes it is hard, and if you want to add loads of new unique features you're more than likely going to need to know a little bit of C# and have expertise in coding. But all in all once you have the files up and running on your own PC you can learn as you go and have a basic set of files that are awesome to build upon. I don't know about hosting but I don't think it is something to worry about in the immediate future if you are just beginning to build a server. The best guide to follow to get the Crystal files up and running is here http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?92007-Full-Crystal-Files-Download-and-Guide

I'm super noob at making servers but I like I said I have learned a little so far, so drop me a PM if you have any more questions. If it's anything too technical I have found the community of coders working on the Crystal files, Far & Jamie have been accommodating in helping where possible. I do think it is appreciated when you try to learn yourself as much as possible before coming with questions that are seen routinely here (a lot can be found in the Search bar)

Best of luck!

Thanks for spending the time to reply, it's appreciated! I'll have a read and just plod along, I agree that the best way to learn is to just get your hands dirty and have a play around :)

Thanks again

Upvote 0