Crystal files help and apocalypse server?

Join Discord

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
Hello everyone im an old school mir2 player my name on the dragon sever was MirKing69. i did use to have my own server years and years ago and i want to get back in to it and i see the files have come along way since then. I would like to now how i can get hold of the most up to date files there are if someone could point me in the rite direction that would be great i have looked on hear but cant seem to find any

I would also like to give the apocalypse server ago but cant see where to download it from some help with that would be great to.

SORRY FOR THE NOOD LOL.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Reactions: Xx69xX

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
Latest Crystal Mir 2 Source code HERE

Latest Crystal Mir 2 Server Databases HERE

Useful Links​

LOMCN - https://www.lomcn.org/

Contributors - https://github.com/Suprcode/mir2-database/graphs/contributors

MirFiles - http://mirfiles.com/

Mir 2 WIKI - http://wiki.mironline.co.uk/Main_Page

Crystal Mir2 Tutorials - https://www.lomcn.org/forum/forums/crystalm2-tutorials.634/

Source code - https://github.com/suprcode/mir2

thanks very much mate the files look loads different and harder to set up then it was back in the day lol any chance there is somewhere there is a guide on setting them up. sorry for all the nood question's

thanks for the help.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
files look loads different and harder to set up then it was back in the day
You mean the files with login gate, sell gate and all that? To me that's definition of hard, nerdy. On several occasions in past, I tried them when they were offered for download and with guide how to run them and I always failed at it miserably LOL

The current files are completely different but even I could always run them, at least when binaries were provided. And if you need help, you will get it with these files but likely not with those old files or if yes, it would likely turn up to be useless help anyway.

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You mean the files with login gate, sell gate and all that? To me that's definition of hard, nerdy. On several occasions in past, I tried them when they were offered for download and with guide how to run them and I always failed at it miserably LOL

The current files are completely different but even I could always run them, at least when binaries were provided. And if you need help, you will get it with these files but likely not with those old files or if yes, it would likely turn up to be useless help anyway.
If you're talking about the old SQL days then yea, that was harddddd

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
thanks very much mate the files look loads different and harder to set up then it was back in the day lol any chance there is somewhere there is a guide on setting them up. sorry for all the nood question's

thanks for the help.
If you can't set these files up after downloading them I wouldn't bother . They're infinitely easier than the older files.

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021

thanks mate yer for some reason i had no problem setting up the old files back in the day i thought they was easy. over the weekend i will have a proper look at them and see how i get on lol.

thanks
Post automatically merged:

If you can't set these files up after downloading them I wouldn't bother . They're infinitely easier than the older files.
i will give them ago at the weekend hopefully it will go to plan.

If you're talking about the old SQL days then yea, that was harddddd
yer the SQL days i thought they was good but seems they have come along way since then lol.

well i thought i would have a quick look into it i downloaded visual studio 2022. this is where im stuck already lol.

i have opened Mir2-master file then clicked the file legend of mir then visual studio loads up. then in the top right it comes up with the files

Solution 'Legend of Mir' (0 of 9 projects)
Notes
Utils
Client (unloaded)
Server (unloaded)
Server.Labray (unloaded)
Shared (unladed)

i click project then go down to client properties then a box comes up and says there are no property pages for the selection.

any idea what this is?

thanks guys.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
You can go easy way and download compiled files from here
Than you need to download database, drop it in server and run the client autopatch, then copy maps from client into the maps folder in server dir and you are almost ready....
might need to go to server panel, Config menu, Server... either locate where mirclient.exe is or uncheck the radio button or copy client.exe into the server directory. I think it is set for local IP connection by default.

I got VS this spring and it was v2019, possibly your problem might be due to too high VS version?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
It'll have given you a message of why it can't load the projects. Probably you don't have c# or .net installed

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
It'll have given you a message of why it can't load the projects. Probably you don't have c# or .net installed
i will screenshot it tomorrow and i will show you what its says.

thanks

so this is where im stuck at the moment not gone off to a good start lol

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    447.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
On the right there's a message. You've not installed all the c# and .net components.

There's no need to edit the source anyway. As suggested above, just download the prebuilt release files if you want to run a server

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
On the right there's a message. You've not installed all the c# and .net components.

There's no need to edit the source anyway. As suggested above, just download the prebuilt release files if you want to run a server
oh rite ok i was just following the guild that i found where can i find the prebuilt files? thank for the help

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Mir2pion gave the release link a few posts up, or you can find it and the full setup guide on the stickied thread

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
ok thanks i will try and look for the thread with the full set up guild hopefully i can find it.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
It's a stickied thread titled full guide. If you can't you're doing something wrong

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
thanks is it this one third one down? sorry for being such a nood i will get the hang of it lol

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Try clicking it and then reading it

• Carrot